PDA

View Full Version : spit problems

SDT_longshot
07-01-2012, 08:36 AM
hi all does eny 1 seem to have a problem with the spitfire always wanting to climb when on full throttle and dive when throttle is lowerd ive tried trimming the aircraft but does not seem to work

also is there a way to get full 100% throttle use its just up to about 60% to full throttle atm

5./JG27.Farber
07-01-2012, 12:29 PM
You need to trim the aircraft for every different speed.

Crumpp
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
wanting to climb when on full throttle and dive when throttle

That is how airplanes work.

Adding power does not make the airplane go faster like your car. It makes the airplane climb. You have to keep it from climbing in order to accelerate and re-trim for the new speed.

If we trim the aircraft for a certain airspeed in level flight, then change the power setting, the airplane will either climb or descend to maintain the airspeed for which it is trimmed.

http://flighttraining.aopa.org/students/solo/skills/engine.html

bongodriver
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
hi all does eny 1 seem to have a problem with the spitfire always wanting to climb when on full throttle and dive when throttle is lowerd ive tried trimming the aircraft but does not seem to work

also is there a way to get full 100% throttle use its just up to about 60% to full throttle atm

Despite what you've been told I can tell it's not flying lessons you need, although if you ever do I am an instructor ;), clearly you already know trim is needed, as to why it's not working for you sounds like maybe a mapping and calibration issue, is your trim and throttle mapped correctly and also do you have the joystick calibrated?

Flanker35M
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
S!

Bongo, the calibration can be spot on but once you enter the game it goes ape poop. Check the axes in controls and you see that the movement is slow, erratic and not even remotely smooth. Like the polling or check was done very rarely. I wonder how the devs could pork it so badly from the fully functioning one we had in original IL-2. The whole GUI is a step backwards, you do not need to repair something that works or change it because of an urge to do so. REFINE, make it better, NOT worse like now. So I can fully understand the control problems people have with this GUI.

Crumpp
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't have all the experience with games and would never think a computer controller would have so much influence on the gameshape.

STD_longshot...did you get your question answered?

SDT_longshot
07-07-2012, 10:50 AM
the answer has been given thanks , im just struggling to get the logitech g940 to reconise the trim command which im having some trouble with atm