PDA

View Full Version : Saving your Options

Whizkid
06-01-2012, 11:00 PM
At the bottom of the Controls Options page are three buttons; Save; Save As; Apply. Nowhere in the Manual does it say how to use these. If I select Save or Save As, it shows the IL-2 COD Folder contents files and that's it. In order to save my selections I have to put them in which file or folder? If I don't save them I lose them and can't apply them to the game. A major oversight, I think.
Can someone help here?

IvanK
06-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Save your profile with a name you can recognise.

It will then be saved in your Users/my Documents/yourname/1C Softclub/Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder as the name you gave it with an ini extension.

You can then back this up to anywhere you want. In addition you can have different profiles for each aeroplane and load them on the fly if you want even in game.

Whizkid
06-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Save your profile with a name you can recognise.

It will then be saved in your Users/my Documents/yourname/1C Softclub/Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder as the name you gave it with an ini extension.

You can then back this up to anywhere you want. In addition you can have different profiles for each aeroplane and load them on the fly if you want even in game.
Thanks, IvanK. I did as you said, and now have a Document IL-2CODProfile.ini in the above folder. How can I apply this to my X-52 FCS? And where do I put it to apply to the game? Right now if I go to Training in the Tiger Moth I'm in the cockpit but nothing happens and the screen freezes. I also can't use my X-52 and TIR. With so many people using both of these game assists I think a clear and concise explanation might be in order, eh?

IvanK
06-02-2012, 03:15 AM
All this does is save your Keybindings and joystick sensitivity settings as set by you in the Controls options screen. You can port this to ANY joystick.