PDA

View Full Version : G 940 AND CLIFFS help needed

U505
05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
HI ALL

I've got my G940 since some times now and i have always the same problem with it. When i jump in my plane (Bf 109) sometimes my pedals are not at the same distance. It is like as i already pushed the right pedal with my foot. It is not really a problem for the take off but in the air it is very disturbing because my plane wills to go down turning on the left side. I play in real settings and i know it could be normal, but when I stop the game and go into the logitech panel, select the pedals settings and make move the pedals cursors by moving the pedals with my foot, it solves the problem. Does anyone have an idea of what i could do to solve this problem definitively ? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.:):)

bongodriver
05-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Theres been various issues with the g940 but now I have mine working perfectly I love it, it could be you are having the famous 'spiking' issue which tended to effect the rudder less than the throttle rotary dials but on mine it certainly caused rudder problems, unfortunately it requires taking the unit appart....check the web and you should find various solutions, alternatively check the logitech wingman team website and download a couple of the utils there, one I found usefull was the calibration clearing tool.

GraveyardJimmy
05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
One thing to try: before loading the game, turn on the controls or plug them in etc then move all the control through all its axes, rudder, control column etc. Then start the game. This happens with my saitek cyborg evo force but happens in '46 too so probably not the same as what happens to you.

steppie
05-28-2012, 12:42 PM
try calibrating you rubber pedals, sometime control can drift or loss there centre and a quick calibration may fix it.
Also look at your sensitivity and try decreasing it, this may help.

Bloblast
05-28-2012, 09:11 PM
HI ALL

I've got my G940 since some times now and i have always the same problem with it. When i jump in my plane (Bf 109) sometimes my pedals are not at the same distance. It is like as i already pushed the right pedal with my foot. It is not really a problem for the take off but in the air it is very disturbing because my plane wills to go down turning on the left side. I play in real settings and i know it could be normal, but when I stop the game and go into the logitech panel, select the pedals settings and make move the pedals cursors by moving the pedals with my foot, it solves the problem. Does anyone have an idea of what i could do to solve this problem definitively ? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.:):)

I have seen this too with 2 different joysticks, occurs since patch 1.06. I assume this is a bug in the FM. All you can do is to give opposite rudder to neutral the movement. I hope this will be fixed together with the always deadly spins.

Jatta Raso
05-28-2012, 09:59 PM
i don't think it's a bug, i do not have pedals but sometimes my z-axis and throttle axis have swapped half their course, i know it's weird, but try quit CLoD, unplug and plug back in the device, calibrate and see how it goes, it solves it for me.

janpitor
05-29-2012, 06:50 AM
The rudders have autocalibration in 940. Just press full right and then full left, maybe twice, and the problem should be gone. Happens in FSX too.