PDA

View Full Version : Fewer FF Joystick Options

Retaliator
05-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi,
from what I can see on the market today, fewer companies are offering FF Hotas. Maybe the only one on the list is Logitech with its G940, but it's no good to me, as I already have rudder pedals, throttle and multiple buttons hardware. First question is, how important is FF in WW2 sim and why no big company is investing on it?
Second question is, rather that MS FF2 and other old stuff, do you know any other, more specific and "professional" FF joystick on the market (Paccus is waaay too expensive).
Thank you!

lensman1945
05-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Nothing wrong with the MS FF2..

Probably the best FF stick ever made and still available on Ebay at reasonable prices. They don't seem to wear out either.

I like FF for the feedback from the flying surfaces.

pupo162
05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
hi!

well, if you ahve money (like you are rich) you might as well buy a g940 and use only the stick, as a matter of fact is the onyl thing in the bundle worth the money. The throttle, is good in design, but has an average life spawn of 100 hours ( i've had 3, who were out in 3 - 5 moths, the last one i monitured use time, and went fault in the 55th hour, was unusuable in 80 or so). The rudde is jsut bad in design and everithing else. never really left hte box as i had a saitek rudder.

The stick is great. i've had the same stick for 2 years now, and i have 2 other stored in researve. so i will be sing g940 for the rest of my life.

my current setup is a satike pedals, saitek x52 throttle and a g940 stick. At the end of the day i got all of that for 200 euros...

Gjersdalen
05-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Where did you buy it for that price?

You say you mix it all up? Saitek and G940?

I can buy either one of them and have an old stick from before. So which one should I take? G940 or Saitek x52?

G940 gives me rudder, stick and throttle. But the Throttle sucks after 50-80 hours? Why does it break down?

Saitek x52 only gives me Stick and Throttle, unless I spend alot on Rudder as well. Is this more Quality?

I want a G940 or a Saitek x52, and it needs to work for years!

322Sqn_Dusty
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Did you open up the G940 throttle? Could it be the wires that snag inside? It seems that the wires can get loose and even can yam the movement.

The x52 i'm using has the 'issue' that the movement isn't 100% (needs the magnet mod) and the set keeps sending button commands so that some games can't configurate the stick.

Sokol1
05-27-2012, 04:03 PM

But the Throttle sucks after 50-80 hours? Why does it break down?

Due use of low cost (~0,10$) potentiometers, include in Rudder Pedals.
Stick X and Y axis use HALL Sensor, so no weear like pots.

And have a firmware issue too, Google for "G-940 reverse bug".

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23950

Sokol1

pupo162
05-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Where did you buy it for that price?
I didnt. i bought a g940 for 300 euro. it broke down, i sent the stick back and they refunded me with a new set (note i kept the original stick and pedals). Broke again, refunded with a new set. Broke for a third time, i asked money back, used the 100 to buy a saitek x52, and kept the 200 for a new GPU.

YES! I use no profiles tough. il2 needs litle over 20 keys, half of my saitek throttle is unassigned.

I can buy either one of them and have an old stick from before. So which one should I take? G940 or Saitek x52?
Defenetly Saitek. if you want ot keep the stick, saitek throtle and rudders are killers

G940 gives me rudder, stick and throttle. But the Throttle sucks after 50-80 hours? Why does it break down?
R1 and R2 ( the trimm axes) wh oare very well placed, start to produce giberish.

Saitek x52 only gives me Stick and Throttle, unless I spend alot on Rudder as well. Is this more Quality?
well, if you are keeping the stick, i sugest the 200 euro ivestement on a x52 + rudders.

I want a G940 or a Saitek x52, and it needs to work for years!
I cant tell you how much the saitek stick lasts, is unused on the box. The rudder has had 3 or 4 years of use, it has lost some of its initial stiffness sadly, but its still great. the saitek throtle his being used for 6 months now, it has "some" giberish on the axes, but its not envolving, and no spikes, so its doing ok.
The g940 stick seems to be immortal. trust me a FF his put im much greater stress than any other stick, and it still feels brand new.

engadin
05-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi,

if this one is an option for you, let me know. I want to become a close friend of yours ;0) :

It's a 1.427 euro toy - but you save 570 euro from the original price! - that will last for your grandsons joy. That's at least what they advice.

http://www.paccus.com/

S! Engadin