PDA

View Full Version : Mixture and Prop pitch mappings?

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I have gone back to the Blenheim IV for a while and have been setting up my controllers for flying it.

As I always fly CEM I have mapped a Saitek throttle quadrant to act as my mixture controller.I map in the Axes section Mixture 1 and 2 and have the controls both working correctly so I can graduate them from min to max.

However,when I try to operate them in the sim,they're either off or on there is no graduated position,I need to set the mixtures both at 50% but can't,can anybody tell me why,or where I may be going wrong because it's baffling me.

The prop pitch controls are the same.

bw_wolverine
05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I think with the recent patch the Blenheim engine mixtures are either full rich or full weak and nothing inbetween? I could be wrong. I flew it a couple of times recently, but didn't think I was able to set something in the middle. I'll check again tonight.

Check the bug threads. It might be in there.

I have the same quadrants. 2x Saitek Throttle Quads.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Ahhh,you're right,I bet it's the blessed patch messing things up......I thought these were mapped ok pre-patch.

Thanks Wolverine this makes sense now:grin:

ATAG_Dutch
05-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Hiya Meaks,

Pre-patch the mixture was ineffective, regardless of where the levers were situated graphically or digitally in the readout. The prop was a two pitch affair with a fiddly 'midpoint' which gave just under 2000rpm, but again showed varying %figs in the digital readout..

The patch gave us two mixture settings and true two pitch prop, so you're seeing the results of the patch.

I'm still testing mixture, but it appears to be more of an 'auto-rich/auto-lean' setup, similar to the Spits in the game.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks Dutch,I don't fly the Blenheim that much but was convinced this afternoon I was doing something wrong within the mappings of my controller,from what you're saying I do have these mapped correctly then.

Cheers matey:)

Blackdog_kt
05-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Dutch is correct and the Blenheim is closer to historical controls with the latest testing patch.

It had two position props and semi automatic (auto-rich/auto-lean) mixture.

In the real one the mixture levers would move all the way and not just "snap" into place, but they still gave an "on/off" type of effect": up until the middle all positions corresponded to auto-rich, above that all positions would give auto-lean mixture.

In short, it's correct now in terms of function, the only thing that's simplified is the mixture lever animation.