PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Cougar to Warthog?

d.burnette
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey gang,

I am going to be changing controllers for my pc setup, I previously have been using a TM Cougar with TM Elite rudder pedals, and will be using a new TM Warthog setup, along with Saitek Combat rudder pedals.

I previously had set up a joystick profile for my Cougar specifically for CLoD, obviously I will be doing the same, for my new Warthog setup.
I have done certain key assignments, ie added or changed some in CLoD, specific to my joystick profile. I certainly would like to keep the key assigment information intact - however of course it will be a whole new stick, throttle and rudder pedals - will have toe brakes now as well.

Is there anything I should do beforehand, after installing my new setup but prior to launching CLoD? Is there a joystick file perhaps I should delete? Again I don't want to lose my key assignments either... I will map them to the new stick with it's software.

I hope this is not too confusing - any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Katana1000S
05-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi.

I'm not too sure what your trying to do? but I own a Cougar and a Warthog, The Coug comes with Foxy software and the Warthog with Target software, not sure if you can import a profile over though? The Warthog Target software will recognise the Cougar too though and it can be be programmed from the Warthogs Target software (MFD's too if you have them), so you might be able to do something? You'll probably want to set up your new Warthog for dual throttle too.

About the first thing I did on getting my Warthog was flash to the latest firmware, pretty easy to do.

The Warthog is a big improvement over the Cougar, enjoy.

PS: don't forget you can unscrew the Cougar handle and try it with the Warthog stick base, I tried it once and it does work, but the Warthog stick has one more button press.

Check out Warthog World for more detailed info ...

http://www.warthogworld.com/

EDIT: re-read and I see what you are doing now. forgot you create your own sort of profile within CLOD.

d.burnette
05-18-2012, 01:53 PM
No problem, thanks for the advice! I had done some research prior to the Warthog arriving, and the first thing I did upon installing was to flash the firmware. All is working well, I have even used TARGET to create a profile for one of my simpler flight sims, worked great. Little adjustment for me as I was very used to Foxy, but I caught on fairly quickly.

I was just trying to make sure there was not anything I need to delete, a file somewhere, that might reference my old Cougar in CLoD. I think I will probably be ok just starting it up.
I will of course have to make a whole new profile in TARGET for this sim - I may just try assigning all if it from within the controller options of the sim though - will see.
Thanks for the link as well!

Thanks,

Katana1000S
05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Glad you are sorted :)

To be honest I hardly used Foxy or TARGET to create profiles, most of my profiles are not too adventurous and I normally assign a button press from within the sim, reason being I owned a Saitek X-52 pro too and its software was pretty bloaty when you saw its CPU use, but that was probably just a bug, I don't think it was that much of a resource hog.

Enjoy the Wathog, if you fly DCS A-10C it will assign the Warthogs controls exactly as they are in the real thing apart from the top hat that is reserved for view pan, but if you have trackir then even that can be totally realistic.

Enjoy.

d.burnette
05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I am thinking about trying to assign all from within the sim - if it gives me the option to use modifiers, may be the way to go rather than creating profile in the TARGET software.

I recently purchased the A-10C sim, and am looking forward to learning it as well, with this new stick setup. Thanks for the tips,