PDA

View Full Version : X52 CloD Axis sensitivity Sliders?

SEE
05-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Would appreciate if someone who has a Saitek X52 could check their Aileron and Elevator axis movement in the game 'Axis' options menu. The slider bar shows my inputs in 'blocks' of movement rather than progressive along the scale. Stick input is fine in the windows control panel and progressive with no spiking.

I am having a hell of a time with very fine input movements suddenly pushing me into a vicious stall which has never happened previously (compared to this alpha). At the moment I am not sure if its the new Spit FM or a software issue.

Many thanks.

David198502
05-15-2012, 02:06 PM
hey Evangeluse!
i have this in the axis options menu as well, except when i move the stick really slowy, but even then, its more a step to step movement which shows up in the green bars...i have a ch fighterstick...
this was since the release the case, and never changed..i think what you are experiencing now, is the FM change.i fly 109s, and i have to face the same problems now, its really hard to give accurate inputs

SEE
05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi David, thanks for the reply (been a long time since we did our 1 v 1 sessions....fond memories!)

If it is an FM change then I guess I will have to adapt. I noticed a few 109s suffering too.

Its just so sudden! A wee bit of input and the turn has degenerated into a haplessly downwards exit from the fight. I hate stalling and never do it on purpose.

Mind you, these stalls seem to have life preserving properties - either that or they feel sorry for the 'noob' and decide I need the extra flying time......:grin:

recoilfx
05-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Are you flying with rudder pedals or twist stick? 109's rudders are a lot more sensitive in the new patch. If you are flying with a twist stick, you might be stalling due to the little movements from the twist.

David198502
05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi David, thanks for the reply (been a long time since we did our 1 v 1 sessions....fond memories!)

If it is an FM change then I guess I will have to adapt. I noticed a few 109s suffering too.

Its just so sudden! A wee bit of input and the turn has degenerated into a haplessly downwards exit from the fight. I hate stalling and never do it on purpose.

Mind you, these stalls seem to have life preserving properties - either that or they feel sorry for the 'noob' and decide I need the extra flying time......:grin:

yeah im remember those sessions mate!:grin:
it was due to people like you, that i am now an official flight sim addict.
and yes, it really seems a FM problem/feature now.so be calm on the stick...but i dont have to tell you that.

macro
05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
there is a setting for sensitivity, near the deazone sliders, in axis settings

if you have less sensitive the "steps" as it was put above get bigger, the higher the sensitivity the smaller steps and "smoother" the axis

Bikerjack
07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Guys,

I had a problem with keeping my sight on the enemy plane and even take offs and landings were "iffy" because the slightest movement on the joystick would cause a massive movement on the elevator. I found that the dead zone sliders for rudder and elevator were at 100% (i.e. dot to the right hand end of the bar and not the left side as you look at the bar!)

Trust me, I never set this deliberately or in error - I have to believe it came with an install or a patch.

Move the dots to 0% and you are back in control!

Let me know if this helps. I can't believe I am the only player to notice this given the amount of comments addressing "lag" or smooth operation of joysticks across this forum.