PDA

View Full Version : Should I use Saitek SST software or just ingame setting?

PotNoodles
05-14-2012, 02:47 AM
I was just wonder which would be the best way to setup up my joystick with this game. I have a Saitek x52 and was wondering if I should make a setup in the SST software or should I just set up my Saitek by clicking in the ingame controller menu. Can someone tell me what if any benefits there would be the doing it in the SST software?

ChileMike
05-14-2012, 12:05 PM
For me I just use the game interface. If you like to fly all types...fighter & bombers you may want to use the software for plane specific mapping. One thing you can use multiple buttons mapping in the game interface....example...I use the mouse on the throttle plus the pinkie switch to adjust field of view. This gives you more mapping options without using the SST

ATAG_knuckles
05-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Pet

You can do so much more with the SST (programing) software. However there is a learning curve (like just about any software) I have been using the X52 for years, and know also use the Saitek (Yoke and throttle quadrant) for the Belnheim. Very pleased.

Feel free to contact me for any questions on how to use it

Knuckles

SEE
05-14-2012, 01:37 PM
The advantages in using SST are that you can use the mode switch to assign different commands to the same button - i.e, mode one = Spitfire or fighters or mode 2 for Bombers - bomb enabling/sight/doors, mode 3 for SP issuing orders, etc.

Secondly, you can use SST to enable the button commands for your headtracking software and as, allready pointed out, use the throttle Mini -Mouse for FOV, etc.

von Brühl
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Also, if you have headtracking, you can set all the hat switches to function as buttons, giving you tons more to play with.

ATAG_knuckles
05-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Also, if you have headtracking, you can set all the hat switches to function as buttons, giving you tons more to play with.

Bruhl: Question: I use the TrackIR5 and have the "center" function mapped to my X52. You indicate that there are other functions that can be mapped to the "Hat Switch" ????

SEE
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
I think he means that you can use the Hat switch for other things rather than the normal use for the hat switch (selecting views/panning, etc).

ATAG_knuckles
05-14-2012, 04:21 PM
EvangelusE

Thanks got it: was sure hoping there were a bunch "O" tricks i didn't know about on the TrackIR :-)

Kodoss
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I use the interface of clod.
You can save profiles for every plane.
Load them, apply them, fly.

At the moment I have 2 profiles Bf 109 and Bf 110.:rolleyes:

von Brühl
05-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Bruhl: Question: I use the TrackIR5 and have the "center" function mapped to my X52. You indicate that there are other functions that can be mapped to the "Hat Switch" ????

Knuckles, first, sorry, hadn't checked here in a couple days. Yes, you can remap your hat switches to normal button functions in SST. In the profile editor, find the POV you want to change, hit the arrow, and there's an option for Buttons. It will expand each POV switch (hat switch) to be programmable just like any of the triggers or buttons on the stick. prefer to only set 4 of them, as the angled positions are a bit for me to remember in the midst of heavy maneuvering.

II/JG53 Rolf
05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Gents, could some user of X52 tell me what is this clutch button for? (I have it turned off and use it as a regular button)

ATAG_knuckles
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Gents, could some user of X52 tell me what is this clutch button for? (I have it turned off and use it as a regular button)

Good question: I've never figuered that out

Now my question to you is :::::: how do you turn it off and use it as a "Button"

the "Pinkie" lever on the stick is another one ????????

MKGUY
06-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys

I have recently bought the game and have a X52 (not Pro)

Does anyone have a profile for this game they could email to me ?

Also I can never see any games in multiplay in the lobby, are there any servers that people play on ?

Thanks

Kodoss
06-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Also I can never see any games in multiplay in the lobby, are there any servers that people play on ?

Thanks

Click on "client" instead of lobby.

Fenice_1965
06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I use the SST software and have built different profiles for different planes.
In IL2 for example i have setups for bombers with auto level, bomb bay switch etc.
Also - for example - you can use same button to open landing gears with planes which have different buttons to operate (auto or manual Landing gear).
Also you can set up different profiles for different servers (externals on, full switch etc.).
~S~

SEE
06-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Good question: I've never figuered that out

Now my question to you is :::::: how do you turn it off and use it as a "Button"

the "Pinkie" lever on the stick is another one ????????

The clutch button disables all buttons. If you have named the buttons using SST then when you press a button the name you gave that particular button is displayed in the MFD. If you have lots of profiles you can check the function of a button without it actually doing anything in game by pressing the Clutch button.

To make it a regular button just open Windows control Panel and launch the x52 properties box, navigate to the section for MFD/Buttons brightness and you will see a check box for the option to use the 'clutch' button as a normal button.

The clutch button is more useful with the X52 pro as it displays any names assigned to the POV switches (of which there are 36 possible assignments)- the Standard X52 doesn't and only shows names assigned to the regular buttons.