PDA

View Full Version : Servant of death modding help

Dreizen
05-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Hello folks im rather new to the KB series and im having a total blast so far with over 300 hours played into the game but there is some units that i find very very fun to use like the assasins but they tend to be very very bad once u reach verona. The servant of death seems to be more of a debuff than a bonus wich really makes assasin a weak unit. I know how to add some phys resist and more defense but i feel its like cheating so i was trying to find how to "balance" them so they can be end game viable similar to ancient vampires/knights/black knights etc

With that said i was looking for some advanced modder to help me with a request about the servant of death to make it a bit more balanced like.. to remove all buffs not just positive (freeze, burn, poison, weakness) etc or to add something else and completely rework servant of death to make it more like something to go with the undead similar to the gatekeeper passive (the more undead there are in the battlefield the higher the bonus stats to atttack and defense etc)

Or another idea was to give them a %chance to evade attacks the more units killed by criticals similar to knowledge of vulnerabilty but scaled down like at 100%(max) would be 50% evade but would work with spells and debuffs not just melee attacks. it would justify using them since debir to be worthwhile.

Could also have poison based attacks (poison skull or undead dragon aoe) heal the assassin similar to the red sands ice dragon and ice snake.

So yeah im wondering if someone did a balance tweak on that unit or if it could be done. Let me know if u have better ideas about it

Dreizen

Fatt_Shade
05-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Nice idea to change assassins to be more interesting to use during all game ( i never play with them because servant thing, and their bug to lose all bonuses for find weakness when you remove them from you`re units inventory - like going through wizard tower, you pick some other unit, come back to castle and pick them back and ALL their find weakness is back to 0% :-( )
As for removing debuffs check archdemons and their passive talent Restoration that remove all negative effects before their turn , if manage to find where it`s described how it works :-(
For evade % find how it work on sea dogs - agility talent.

zini4_tha_grunt
05-12-2012, 12:10 PM
That assassin's ability is placed in their subturn_modificators.
Just find that function and change it as u wish.