PDA

View Full Version : Occasional interruption of joystick buttons

III/JG53_Don
05-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Hey guys

Sometimes the buttons of my G940, especially the buttons on the throttle, dont work ingame all of a sudden. To resolve this issue I have to press Escape to get in the game menu and then get back to my plane. Thereafter the buttons are fully functional again. Sometimes I have to do this twice and fiddle around a bit.

I am dealing with this issue quite a while. Allthought it isnt the worst issue it gets annoying through time. During landing procedure it can be even quite deadly if you want to change the pitch and you simply cant ;)

Dont know if its a G940 problem only.
Anyone experienced the same with the G940 or any other stick?

U505
05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
I have another problem with my G 940 especially with my pedals.when i begin to play, the pedals of my plane are not at the same level and if i want to take off, my bf 109 drifts on the side and i must trim harder to stay straight on the runway.the only solution is to set again my pedals each time it occurs.perhaps your solution is to do the same.

5./JG27.Farber
05-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Its the Torque from the engine and as the 109 has no rudder trim we must fly with one heavy foot.- Just like real life.

Don is this in single player or a dogfight you are hosting, check realism options for anthrophormfic, make sure its off.

III/JG53_Don
05-09-2012, 04:18 PM
But afaik the ATAG server has the antropomorphic controls switched off, right? Cause I have it there too.

5./JG27.Farber
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Correctomundo!

Hmmm try fiddling with the software for the stick... or google it. I dont have one, I cant help. :(

von Brühl
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Double check to see you don't have multiple functions mapped to the same keys/axis. Especially if you have stuff mapped under "chat", "comms", or "views". Sometimes, things work with the mouse pointer on screen, and not when its off, and therefore, can be causing one control setting to take precedent over another.

Do you have something set for panning views, and while in that mode, its disabling your throttle/pitch?

III/JG53_Don
05-10-2012, 12:37 AM
good point mentioning the mouse pointer. Experienced that lately too and since then I dont switch it off anymore and just move the pointer to the bottom of the screen. Would be a nice feature if the pointer would disappear after some seconds of no use though. Kills the immersion a bit if you have this typical windows mouse pointer next to your gunsight which makes you realize so badly that you are no kickass pilot but a flightsim nerd in front of a computer screen ;) :grin:

I just have the coolie hat for lookaround since I dont own a TrackIR yet and one button on the joystick to switch between the three possible classic il2 zoom views (delete, end and picture down).

hm could be related to one of the three angles which deactivates some controls... I dunno have to test

thx for your answers guys!

Psychopoak
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I think I've got kind of the same issue.
sometimes my buttons don't respond all of a sudden, but I don't have to hit escape or so. I found that once I move the throttle a bit, everything is back to normal...
must be software related but not sure at all

Artist
06-28-2012, 02:29 PM
I found that once I move the throttle a bit, everything is back to normal...
If you notice that, then how could you then deduct that it could be
software related

My guess would be that you're another victim of the "spike issue": The cable inside the (right) throttle handle leading from the base to the buttons and dials has been designed rather short and is prone to wear and break and develop intermittent malfunctions (dodgy contacts?).

Artist

(sorry, in German, but the images show it well: http://forum.sturmovik.de/index.php/topic,173.0.html)

xpupx
06-29-2012, 05:42 AM
My feels like joystick lag, just takes a while to catch up.

Psychopoak
06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
If you notice that, then how could you then deduct that it could be

My guess would be that you're another victim of the "spike issue": The cable inside the (right) throttle handle leading from the base to the buttons and dials has been designed rather short and is prone to wear and break and develop intermittent malfunctions (dodgy contacts?).

Artist

(sorry, in German, but the images show it well: http://forum.sturmovik.de/index.php/topic,173.0.html)

yep, this made no sense...
I think that I secretly hope it's software related to avoid the step were I take the screwdriver to open up the stuff, I don't want to mess with my hotas but I guess I won't have any other option if I want to fix this.
btw thanks for the links with the modding solution

AbortedMan
06-29-2012, 04:56 PM
New G940 user here...

I recently purchased a G940 and have been plagued by my stick suddenly not responding. It even goes so far as completely wigging out and going full forward/right until I rapidly cycle the joystick around a couple times or lift and hit it on my desk. It's as if the sensors forget where they are while force feedback is active and vibrating and needs a "jog" to get back in place. I'm actually taking my stick back this weekend to exchange for another one to see if I just got a 'bad egg.'

Artist
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
yep, this made no sense...
I think that I secretly hope it's software related to avoid the step were I take the screwdriver to open up the stuff, I don't want to mess with my hotas but I guess I won't have any other option if I want to fix this.
btw thanks for the links with the modding solution

Experience has it that - provided you're still within warranty - Logitech exchanges the whole set without fuss. I know several which even could retain their defective set... Might be worth a try.

On the other hand, to get rid of the reversal bug in the throttle and pedals, one has to mod the set anyway, so....

Artist

Psychopoak
07-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Experience has it that - provided you're still within warranty - Logitech exchanges the whole set without fuss. I know several which even could retain their defective set... Might be worth a try.

On the other hand, to get rid of the reversal bug in the throttle and pedals, one has to mod the set anyway, so....

Artist

yep, I read about this mod, but I really don't like the idea of tearing my throttle appart. I can already see myself with loads of plastic parts everywhere on the table, a screwdriver in my hand and tears in my eyes...

just kidding, but I wanted to avoid the "mod" part. But I start to really consider it as I am out of warranty anyway