PDA

View Full Version : 4.12 development update discussion and feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Sita
05-04-2012, 07:00 AM
GooD!!!

Bob_Drugstore_Arp
05-04-2012, 07:13 AM
COOL! With suomi subscribes m-mmm yummy-yummy))))))) Thank you DT!

Sita
05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
it's will be only finnish variant ? or US or French or some other country variants?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
The plan is to have at least a french cockpit in A-3/4 and maybe an additional A-2 for french and finns, plus a unique P-36A or C for the US. Main difference would be in armament and engines.
But maybe this is to much yet for 4.12.

Sita
05-04-2012, 09:37 AM
French its GOOD!

viktor94
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Please add it to the finnish DGEN campaign then

Mysticpuma
05-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi TD.

It's great to have constant feedback from the IL2 team, it always makes a great impression.

Can I ask, in another thread there was talk that the p-47 cockpit and armament were going to be improved (make it actually look like a P-47 interior), however I cannot find any posts to back this up from TD.

Can I ask, even if it is not pencilled in for 4.12, is this something that is being considered?

Always pleased to see and hear news of the original (while CloD gets 'fixed')

Cheers, MP

JtD
05-04-2012, 01:56 PM
... the p-47 cockpit and armament ...I wonder if you have noticed the changes to the armament done in 4.11. Have you?

Mysticpuma
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Was hoping for a little extra in the tank ;)

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19365.0.html

Also, was I just dreaming it or did the P-47 carry 2x 1000lb and 1x500lb. Don't see that listed on either, so maybe I am completely wrong?

Still, any help the P-47 can get is very much welcomed.....but those butt ugly cockpits :( please TD, show a little compassion! ;)

Cheers, MP

magot
05-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Was hoping for a little extra in the tank ;)

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19365.0.html

Also, was I just dreaming it or did the P-47 carry 2x 1000lb and 1x500lb. Don't see that listed on either, so maybe I am completely wrong?

Still, any help the P-47 can get is very much welcomed.....but those butt ugly cockpits :( please TD, show a little compassion! ;)

Cheers, MP

P-47D pit re-work is on the way.
New US weapons and P-47 revision loadout will be propably too changed.
But am not sure about remove fixed racks.

Treetop64
05-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Do we get to see the backwards throttle in the French variant of the Hawk? :-P

Mysticpuma
05-05-2012, 05:53 AM
P-47D pit re-work is on the way.
New US weapons and P-47 revision loadout will be propably too changed.
But am not sure about remove fixed racks.

That is music to my ears. I have longed to fly the P-47 in all it's glory and at long last it seems my dreams will come true!

Brilliant news, thanks for answering, cheers, MP

harryRIEDL
05-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Is the SB being implemented into this patch Sita looked like he did a very good job on it.
being ever hopeful would love the B24 in this patch.
lastly on the ever longer list of the flyable would love an official U2/Po2 and an update on its model.

Sita
05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
do you mean this? )))

kennel
05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Since Japancat is working in collaberation with TD or is part of TD, are there plans for the inclusion of the KI 44, the KI 100 Osue & the KI 61s he has done?
These planes really add to the PTO theatre & are sorely missed from stock installations of IL2.

nic727
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Daidalos team. Do you found a way to have better water in DIrectX (and ship reflection) or just play the game and put some part in OpenGL like Water and smoke shadow from OpenGL and all the game in DirectX.

I really want this kind of smoke too.
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1539/23216852.jpg

harryRIEDL
05-05-2012, 03:01 PM
do you mean this? )))
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,5483.216.html?PHPSESSID=314305952e340cf6a934 ce2e02e2542a I really like the SB.
That looks like U2 in a very early stage do like the idea of the most produced plane in history finally joining the flyable list.
Like many other I hope for a flyable British bomber a Wellington would be perfect.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
05-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Do we get to see the backwards throttle in the French variant of the Hawk? :-P

There will be unique cockpits for the french - so yes, this will be part of. :)

Flanker1985
05-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Wow!! This company is opening ask their fans for wish list?!!!
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! I hope Bioware can do the same for Mass Effect 3 endings.

OK, I'll participate here too. OK, here it goes.
My wish for later version of the game are:

1: Since the current game already has 6 axis for the TrackIR, I hope Developing team can consider to give us the realistic bombsight for Pe-2

2: Realistic Mixture control

3: Tu-2 flyable

4: Realistic bomber crewman option for multiplayer. So we can let the forward gunner to be the bombardier.

5: The Soviet DGen campaign is not complete, after you take the Lvov back, the next campaign is Berlin. What about the liberation of Poland? Hungry? Romania? Yugoslavia?

6: The 3 Axis power, Italy is the only one which does not have a Campaign of its own. Can we have a Italy campaign, please?

7: Full Britain DGen Campaign, from North African to Operation Touch to Sicily landing to Liberation of Italy.

8: Beaufighter flyable, I mean the version with defencive gunner.

9: New high resolution detailed Lavochkin fighters models and cockpit models.

10: More historical campaign for Soviet.
Thanks for consideration. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Hi, guys, I posted this about 2 month ago, I just wonder if anyone of those are going to be in v4.12 or planed in future patches. Please let me know, if they are not, at least I know and will stop hoping. If it is, I can start to day dream about it. :-P
Thanks

Sita
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
give us the realistic bombsight for Pe-2

obp-1 is not good?

csThor
05-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Flanker: I suppose you are talking about DGen, aren't you? Well, then I have bad news for you: the old DGen is a dead end. There is someone developing a new version based on the original source code but he is doing this on his own and still has to go a long way. TD has no means to modify, enhance or correct the old campaigns of the old DGen nor can we create new ones - all possible campaign slots are taken and in some cases even twice or even tree times used by different campaign packs.

Flanker1985
05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
obp-1 is not good?

Because it is very obvious this is its true bombsight. It's more realistic if we have it. Also, it is hard to use the current one since I have no idea how my plane is flying when I look into the bombsight. :(

Flanker1985
05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Flanker: I suppose you are talking about DGen, aren't you? Well, then I have bad news for you: the old DGen is a dead end. There is someone developing a new version based on the original source code but he is doing this on his own and still has to go a long way. TD has no means to modify, enhance or correct the old campaigns of the old DGen nor can we create new ones - all possible campaign slots are taken and in some cases even twice or even tree times used by different campaign packs.

Thanks sir. At least now I know. But are they considering to add more non-DGen historical campaign? Like for British and Italians.

Sita
05-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Because it is very obvious this is its true bombsight. It's more realistic if we have it. Also, it is hard to use the current one since I have no idea how my plane is flying when I look into the bombsight. :(

:D
true bombsight stay near by navigator (gunner) position ...

that thing on the shot its a some kind of bomb sight for the pilot ( and i think its night sight)

OBP-1 is not in field of view ...

view through the scope is right

Flanker1985
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
:D
true bombsight stay near by navigator (gunner) position ...

that thing on the shot its a some kind of bomb sight for the pilot ( and i think its night sight)

OBP-1 is not in field of view ...

view through the scope is right

I see, thanks for the information sir. So can we have a realistic bomb sight mode where the gunner use that OBP one and I use the one on the picture? :-P

IceFire
05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks sir. At least now I know. But are they considering to add more non-DGen historical campaign? Like for British and Italians.

Are you talking about dynamic campaigns or hand crafted ones?

I can see doing some hand crafted campaigns for the Regia Aeronautica and RAF on the new Tunisia map that's being worked on.

Flanker1985
05-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Are you talking about dynamic campaigns or hand crafted ones?

I can see doing some hand crafted campaigns for the Regia Aeronautica and RAF on the new Tunisia map that's being worked on.

Both, as long as it is historical campaign.
Really? You are working on Italy and RAF campaign?! That's great!! Thanks sir!! Are you going to put Sicily landing and the liberation of Italy in it as well?

pencon
05-06-2012, 09:54 PM
I think AI wingmen actually following orders and attacking your opponents and just generally being functional on both sides , should be the biggest priority in the offline mode .Right now they just all fly off in quick mission and are generally useless just like in Cliffs .

fruitbat
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I think AI wingmen actually following orders and attacking your opponents and just generally being functional on both sides , should be the biggest priority in the offline mode .Right now they just all fly off in quick mission and are generally useless just like in Cliffs .

disagree with this, AI can be commanded very successfully if you know how in il2.

padlock is your friend...

Treetop64
05-06-2012, 10:00 PM
disagree with this, AI can be commanded very successfully if you know how in il2.

padlock is your friend...

Truth.

pencon
05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
How so Fruitbat ? In offline quick mission , every time I have wingmen they follow my formation command for a little while , then they take off leaving me to fight many planes by myself. The opposing AI is very aggressive but mine are always on siesta and are nowhere to be seen after a few minutes.For example if I set up a game with 16 planes on each side , after a short while all the planes on my side are gone and I'm fighting 16 planes by myself .And yes I have 4.11.1 installed .Even when I press Tab 7 which is anyone help me , they don't do it .

SPITACE
05-07-2012, 06:24 PM
+1 on the Wellington it will be great to see more flyable British bombers in the sim also redo the 109 cockpit along with the p47:-P:razz::-P

pencon
05-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Ok guys Obviously then , there's something wrong with my AI settings because when I give them a command to even change various formation requests, they just say yes they' ll follow they order, then they just don't respond .Also when you tell them to attack fighters ,they say they will ,and then just fly off .Is there something in the conf ini folder , that can change this?

Ace1staller
05-08-2012, 12:45 PM
I can't wait to see the B-24 to be flyable (:

Whacker
05-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Shared kills ahoy!!!

:cool: :!: :-)

Juri_JS
05-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Will 'shared kills' be an option that can be disabled? Shared kills are realistic for most Allied air forces, but not for the Luftwaffe. Moreover I wonder if the new scoring system will work in DGen campaigns.

Fighterace
05-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Will 4.12 patch be as large as 4.11 or will be making smaller patches? Also will all updates be weekly?

mkubani
05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Hello, yes, we will try to release patches in shorter intervals. Meanwhile we will keep you informed on weekly or bi-weekly basis depending what content we have ready to present.

[URU]BlackFox
05-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Even if it's only to say "We've got nothing new, but we keep working on it.", feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thx. TD.

nic727
05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
The last update looks good :D

Next have to be for new smoke and use order in multiplayers.

Fafnir_6
05-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

Where is the 4.12 dev update (it's not in the first post)? I would very much like to see it. Is the HS-123 getting a cockpit?

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Edit: Sorry I just found it...It wasn't showing up when I posted :/

Wiesel
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks Daidalos, great! ;)

Kittle
05-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Wow! Shared kills is something that needed doing for a very long time now. Not only is it historical, but it eliminates the 'kill stealing AI' and that's awesome!!! Also prevents me from stealing kills from the AI ;) hehe

Florinm352
05-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Any word on a facelift on the 109's? After all you did the 110 so it shouldn't be much of a strain...

ECV56_Guevara
05-12-2012, 04:34 AM
I have a question about the share kill..
is there a hit´s percentage to start counting a share? I mean, I hit an enemy plane with two bullets and my wingman damage him hard. The enemy goes down. Still would be a shared kill? In other way, my wingman hit an enemy, and when it is going down I shoot and hit him. If there´s no minimal Percentage of hits to start counting, this feature can eliminate the kill stealers, but the "half kill stealers" could survive.
Thanks. Great job as usual DT!

slm
05-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow! Shared kills is something that needed doing for a very long time now. Not only is it historical, but it eliminates the 'kill stealing AI' and that's awesome!!! Also prevents me from stealing kills from the AI ;) hehe

Yes, shoulder shooting should happen less now when all hits count. I think this is a great improvement.

Pursuivant
05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
The ability to share kills is great, but remember that it wasn't used by all air forces; notably the Luftwaffe, the Soviet Union and Japan. There should be some method of turning it off, just turning it off for one side, or linking it to nationality.

Also, I know it's just eye candy, but I'd love to see nation-specific kill symbols. - little Iron Crosses, Italian Fasces or Japanese flags if you're flying for the U.S. or Commonwealth, crysanthemums or cherry blossoms if you're flying for the Japanese, etc.

Pips
05-13-2012, 11:00 PM
The Soviets did count shared claims, as illustrated below:
Pokryshkin - 53 individual / 6 shared
Rechkalov - 56/5
Gulayev - 57/3
Stepanenko - 33/8
Alelyukhin - 40/17
Borisov - 17/10
Korobov - 3/10

Interestingly Ivan Kozhedub didn't claim any shares in his amongst his 62 victories. A full breakdown of Soviet claims can be found here:
http://users.accesscomm.ca/magnusfamily/ww2urs.htm

IceFire
05-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Any word on a facelift on the 109's? After all you did the 110 so it shouldn't be much of a strain...

Keep in mind there are 3 types of Bf110 in the game and 15 Bf109 variants. The effort involved will be substantially more if they go that route.

[URU]BlackFox
05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
About the shared kills...

I don't know if it's posible, but to avoid the "half-kill stealers", there should be some control over "when" the hits count.

Let me explain... After a wing comes off, any aditional hits shouldn't count, since that is a confirmed kill. Hits before this damage are ok, hits after that just a waste of ammo, and a chance for half-kill steal.

I've seen people shooting at planes falling without the tail section just to KS, that's why I make the suggestion.

Thx as usual and forgive my english if what I wrote is hard to understand.

Lagarto
05-14-2012, 04:41 PM
BlackFox;425407']After a wing comes off, any aditional hits shouldn't count, since that is a confirmed kill.

Even more so in case of a single-engined a/c with its engine in flames. Many times I set my opponent's engine on fire and broke off, only to discover that some friendly AI put a few more bullets into it and stole my kill.

shelby
05-17-2012, 04:08 PM
can you tell us the errors that the update fixes

Pursuivant
05-18-2012, 01:05 AM
BlackFox;425407']I've seen people shooting at planes falling without the tail section just to KS, that's why I make the suggestion.

This is a well-known bug.

Sometimes you get kill credit immediately.

Other times you have to wait for minutes until the plane crashes or explodes.

Other times you have to wait until the plane"blows up" after it sinks well beneath the water. (Maybe it has to hit the bottom of the water?).

Sometimes, you get no credit at all, if the pilot successfully crash-lands his airplane - even if it's behind your own lines!

The way it should be is you should get instant kill credit for any one of the following "criticial hits" - Crew Bailing Out, Engine Inoperable, Plane on Fire, Pilot Killed, Plane Unflyable due to crash or missing parts.

Unless Team Daidalos really wants to wade into the swamp that is realistic historical kill/ damaged/ probable, scoring. . . . (Examples: You don't get credit because a) it's your first kill and you're flying for the Japanese. b) No friendly forces were able to confirm it. c) Your squadron records were lost. d) A higher-ranking officer also shot at the plane and hit it, even though you were closer and actually inflicted the lethal damage.)

Sita
05-18-2012, 08:32 AM
interesting video)

Fenrir
05-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Gentlemen, your latest vid has made me a very happy chap! I have long lamented the lack of taxi to takeoff as a mission builder, if not only for the sake of realism but also being restricted by runway length if you have a number of flights taking off at once from the same field - excellent work!

Now if the planes could arrange themselves into staggered pairs when pulling onto the runway and then take off in pairs too, that would be the piece de resistance!

Mysticpuma
05-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Gentlemen, your latest vid has made me a very happy chap! I have long lamented the lack of taxi to takeoff as a mission builder, if not only for the sake of realism but also being restricted by runway length if you have a number of flights taking off at once from the same field - excellent work!

Now if the planes could arrange themselves into staggered pairs when pulling onto the runway and then take off in pairs too, that would be the piece de resistance!

I cannot imagine a more brilliant piece of programming for FMB (or maybe even QMB) setups.

That really wood be brilliant and I agree totally ;)

Alien
05-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Before I got here I had sadly noticed that a couple of hits (or maybe a cannon hit, I had attacked Betties in a Wildcat) on my wing had made my aircraft act like the entire wing was off for about 500m of losing altitude and then it had become normal. ??? Please get this weird error fixed, I'd be thankful. For the rest of the 4.111, I have absolutely no negative experiences. GOOD JOB!
And a question: when AIs taxi and the first one gets destroyed and just lays on the way, what do the others do? Do they take evasive action or do they just wait until they get hit as well? Or maybe they crash into each other? Pls show us this kind of situations, which surely will occur in a combat flight simulator with taxiing :D

Kittle
05-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I had this happen yesterday in my 109 while attacking Pe-2's. Hit me with 12.7 fire and she wouldn't straighten out until I rolled all the way to the right. Then I got control back of the aircraft. Thought it was just the 109 but the 190 did it as well. According to your report I think all aircraft suffer the same effect.

JtD
05-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Do you have a track of that happening, can you produce one? It seems impossible to me to reproduce it myself, the aircraft behave as they should.

MrBaato
05-19-2012, 07:09 AM
BlackFox;425407']About the shared kills...

I don't know if it's posible, but to avoid the "half-kill stealers", there should be some control over "when" the hits count.

Let me explain... After a wing comes off, any aditional hits shouldn't count, since that is a confirmed kill. Hits before this damage are ok, hits after that just a waste of ammo, and a chance for half-kill steal.

I've seen people shooting at planes falling without the tail section just to KS, that's why I make the suggestion.

Thx as usual and forgive my english if what I wrote is hard to understand.

+ 100000, couldnt agree more

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
05-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Thats the way it is. Hits after deadly happening doesnt count.

6BL Bird-Dog
05-19-2012, 11:28 AM
On Hyperlobby many are trying to host Coops but finding bugs with missions have set crt=2 to avoid mods joining and causing the anomolies.
Unfortunately we recently found out due to ever increasing weird hapenings in game that if a client joins a server and has wrote additional text in front of the CheckRuntime=2 line in the conf.ini ,I wont quote it here,that clients with mods can still join.
Can this be rectified in a patch or in 4.12 please as there is no concistancy in game play for those trying to run the official version ?

FC99
05-20-2012, 04:44 PM
We plan to have all of the takeoff options that are available from "stationary" takeoff available after taxiing too. Just to make it clear, with staggered pairs you mean pair where planes are not exactly side by side ( like current Pair option in FMB) but the pair where wingman is on the side and slightly behind?

And a question: when AIs taxi and the first one gets destroyed and just lays on the way, what do the others do? Do they take evasive action or do they just wait until they get hit as well? Or maybe they crash into each other? Pls show us this kind of situations, which surely will occur in a combat flight simulator with taxiing :D
This is under development, when we finish it we will probably show more exciting video than the one in current update.:)

Fenrir
05-20-2012, 06:30 PM
We plan to have all of the takeoff options that are available from "stationary" takeoff available after taxiing too.

Wow, that's great news FC.

Just to make it clear, with staggered pairs you mean pair where planes are not exactly side by side ( like current Pair option in FMB) but the pair where wingman is on the side and slightly behind?

Yes, that's what i was hoping for - maybe a formation takeoff in pairs would be too much to ask for but it'd be lovely to see the aircraft arranged as a series of 'kette' so that we have effectively two offset lines - it would have the benefit of (a) looking like the real deal, (b) taking up less of the runway distance (not generally a problem if you're only in a flight of fighters but it's a serious consideration if you're at the head of a heavily laden squad of bombers and have your escorts lined up behind!) and (c) being offset it would be far easier to tell if in closed pit if there is an a/c in front of you and when the aircraft in front has cleared sufficiently for you to takeoff.

Be great to see it - if it's possible. Best of luck!

This is under development, when we finish it we will probably show more exciting video than the one in current update.:)

Look forward to it. Cheers FC!

Mysticpuma
05-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Hope this works out, it will add so much to the realism rather than the 'straigh-line' we have endured forever... brilliant news, cheers, MP

ElAurens
05-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you so much for the Hawk 75s.

You know how I feel about my Curtiss Hawks... :cool:

So, I have to ask, how does she fly? I know about it's "on paper" performance, but there is more to how any aircraft flies than it's ROC and VNE numbers. It should have a fairly high roll rate, but, pilots in the day that transitioned from the P 36 to the P 40 considered the P 36 to be superior except in top speed. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6504/scan0003c.jpg

P 36s at the Cleveland National Air Races, 1939.

Treetop64
05-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Just reading about some of the news regarding further tweaks of the AI (shared kills, etc.) and it's great. While reading about the shared kills I was wondering if it is possible to stop the AI from continuing to vigorously attack enemy aircraft that are already quite obviously in fatal distress (very heavily shot up and smoking badly, on fire, etc. but the crew not having actually bailed out). This can be quite annoying in that the AI tends to waste time and ammo pouncing all over an aircraft that is all but obliterated, while there are other enemy aircraft around that are in relatively good health that should be attended to.

As usual, thanks a gobgajillion for all the work you've into IL-2! :mrgreen:

SPITACE
05-21-2012, 12:13 PM
hi all can team daidalos use the SAS 109 cockpit mods and put them into the 4.12 update? they look very good:-P:-P if not why not? i am sure SAS web site and daidalos can work together on this.

_1SMV_Gitano
05-21-2012, 01:08 PM
hi all can team daidalos use the SAS 109 cockpit mods and put them into the 4.12 update? they look very good:-P:-P if not why not? i am sure SAS web site and daidalos can work together on this.

From memory texture size limit is around 8 Mb and if I recall correctly those cockpits are 100 Mb each. Definitely too much. Moreover, 3D model may be not compliant to IL-2 official specifications...

stugumby
05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Just curious as i noticed on the read me the bit about the changed .50 cal belting. it mentions a He round, when did the m-2 ever have a explosive round? Im tracking AP (armor piercing) API (armor piercing incindiary) APIT(armor piercing incindiary tracer) and Ball. Just puzzled not strating to inflame another kills tigers display.

JtD
05-21-2012, 07:46 PM
It never had in real life, it always had in game. Now it doesn't any more, but uses an API instead.

Treetop64
05-22-2012, 10:19 PM
From memory texture size limit is around 8 Mb and if I recall correctly those cockpits are 100 Mb each. Definitely too much. Moreover, 3D model may be not compliant to IL-2 official specifications...

Always suspected a hard limit set on on 3d modelling and texture size, and that's fine as long as we get consistent texture quality across a wide range of surfaces. And it doesn't have to be inefficient to look good. Just look a the cockpits of the I-185, Fw-190, Do-335, Tempest, Gladiator, etc. The I-185 pit in particular makes very clever use of textured 2D surfaces to depict what would otherwise be 3D objects. If only every plane in the game had that level of quality for it's cockpit...

Speaking of the I-185, it needs a key or button command to enable zooming in on the sights like all other panes in the sim. Though, on second thought, that might screw up the viewing angle of the "2D 3D objects" mentioned earlier. Hope not.

ArcticWolf
05-23-2012, 05:03 AM
TY TD Can't wait for 4.12

Keep up the excellent work EH :grin:

Bearcat
05-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Shared kills... and scoring... can you guys set up varied scoring in Coops & DF s? Like for instance .. the option to record kills and points by individuals or teams.. or both? At the end of a mission you would see either pilot x 500, pilot z 400... or Red 900 Blue 600 (you could even break it down a decimal point for team points.. ) or some combination of the two..

harryRIEDL
05-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Just wondering what happened to the G55 pit I thought it was quite close to completion

Sita
05-25-2012, 06:44 AM
nice looking texture)

Lagarto
05-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Good to see the P-38 cockpit repainted, thank you. I'm looking forward to the same treatment of the Bf 109F-4 and G-2 cockpits.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
05-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Thank you so much for the Hawk 75s.

You know how I feel about my Curtiss Hawks... :cool:

Yes, I can imagine. :-D

So, I have to ask, how does she fly? I know about it's "on paper" performance, but there is more to how any aircraft flies than it's ROC and VNE numbers. It should have a fairly high roll rate, but, pilots in the day that transitioned from the P 36 to the P 40 considered the P 36 to be superior except in top speed. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

New FM is not set yet. So if you have any reference about its FM, don't hesitate to share, because we maybe don't have it yet. ;-)

Silverback
05-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Great looking P-38 cockpit but just one thing. Shouldn't the stencile on the surface control lock read "FLIGHT CONTROL LOCK". Thanks. Keep up the excellent work.

Alien
05-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I was looking at the 4.12 updates topic a moment ago and I suddenly noticed 1 fabulous thing - the 109 on the taxi video screen has a swastika on its tail! YEAH! Finally!

RegRag1977
05-25-2012, 03:28 PM
P38 new cockpit: this can't be true, help me all, i don't want to wake up and find out it was just a dream!

fruitbat
05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
I was looking at the 4.12 updates topic a moment ago and I suddenly noticed 1 fabulous thing - the 109 on the taxi video screen has a swastika on its tail! YEAH! Finally!

errm, you can do that with matmanager for years and years now.

Alien
05-25-2012, 04:26 PM
I know, I know but why to modify the game when the feature is in stock!

ElAurens
05-25-2012, 04:34 PM

New FM is not set yet. So if you have any reference about its FM, don't hesitate to share, because we maybe don't have it yet. ;-)

I probably only have the same books you do...

I'll re-investigate though.

csThor
05-25-2012, 04:47 PM

It was merely forgotten to switch off MAT Manager. The swastika will remain off in the standard version without said workarounds.

Luno13
05-25-2012, 07:39 PM

Didn't the P-40 handle like a dog though (and therefore slightly 'overmodeled' in Il-2)? Genuinely curious.

Gabelschwanz Teufel
05-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Didn't the P-40 handle like a dog though (and therefore slightly 'overmodeled' in Il-2)? Genuinely curious.

Think I'll let El handle this one. :-)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
05-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Shouldn't the stencile on the surface control lock read "FLIGHT CONTROL LOCK".

No, all references show 'surface controls lock':

http://p38assn.org/images/p38s/cockpit-med.jpg

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Aftermarket/WW2/Waldron/p38waldron/P38_off3.jpg

EDIT: Which shows me, that an 's' is missing. :)

ElAurens
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM

I don't want to take this thread off topic, so I'll be brief.

The P40's "bad reputation" as a turner came from it's early encounters with the A6M Zero, which of course could out turn any "modren" Allied aircraft.

If fact, the early P40 versions (Hawk 81) could out turn a Spitfire below 15,000ft. (And was equally fast at those altitudes as well).

The original Hawk 81 had a roll rate of 135 degrees/second at 360mph IAS. Only an FW 190 could best that, umm... several years later.

The only roll rate data I have for later models is for the P40 F (Hawk 87) that was tested at only 250 mph IAS was still a respectable 95 Deg/sec. There is no reason given for the low test speed.

There is a video of I think Hinton flyiing a P 40 for the first time, I'll try to find it...

Anyway, he came into it thinking the same thing, that it was a dog. He came away with a totally different re think of the P 40. He said it rolled so fast that he hit is head on the canopy the first time.

The Curtiss P40 was the most maneuverable fighter fielded by the USAAF in WW2.

Check the pilot interviews with the guys from the 325th. that flew them in North Africa and Italy.

ElAurens
05-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, did I say I can't wait for flyable Hawk 75s?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1941/finhawks.jpg

:grin:

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
05-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Oh, did I say I can't wait for flyable Hawk 75s?

I'd personally prefer a P-36 or a H75-C1, as I do like the U.S. and french camo more. 8-)

Nice shot!

ElAurens
05-26-2012, 09:31 PM
My preference is the P36, be sure, but, the Finnish Hawks have the best chance of seeing use in IL2, they have the only real map to use them on.

Yes, I know about the Hawaii map, and yes that is the only time US P36s saw combat, but it still would be cool to find a way to use them.

We only have one map of France as well.

Glider
05-26-2012, 09:56 PM
If you would like a what if type of scenario the RAF had I think about 200 P36 in reserve in early 1941

ElAurens
05-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes they did.

Planes originally destined for France.

They ended up in North Africa and in the CBI theater of operations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShRekbtRpU0

Pips
05-26-2012, 11:44 PM
British Mohawks (P-36) even saw limited operational service in Burma.

vanir
05-27-2012, 10:09 AM

Looks like the bulk of Finnish ones had the 1050hp (rated not WEP) twin wasp SC3-G motors.
Their real strength was dive speed. The factor that won the French order was a 400mph dive speed in show trials, considered totally remarkable at the time. I've got some anecdotes from the test pilot and ground crew for that trial but no performance tables or anything, just his description and some figures here and there.

ElAurens
05-27-2012, 11:29 AM
At the Curtiss demonstration of dive speed for the French, an amazingly high, 575 mph, was reported, but this was due mostly to error in the recording instruments. Still, the Hawk 75 could dive much faster than the unthinkably low 390mph IAS limit that was artificially placed on it by the USAAC. After all, this is the same basic airframe used in the Hawk 81 versions of the P40, and they were good for what?, 500mph IAS in the dive?

Also of note, the P36 was the first US Army aircraft with any kind of red line speed restrictions. We were entering a new world of aircraft performance.

Not bad for a design that dates to 1934.

Lagarto
05-27-2012, 11:53 AM
IIRC, Vichy air force flew its Hawks against USN Wildcats during the Torch landings...

...which might have looked like this:

_1SMV_Gitano
05-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Planes originally destined for France.

They ended up in North Africa [...]

You mean East Africa, right? ;)

ElAurens
05-27-2012, 04:22 PM
The Vichy pilots fared very poorly against the USN's Wildcats. I don't think I would necessarly blame this on the aircraft.

And as a side note, I have always wondered why the Vichy French attacked Allied forces. Very odd looking at it from our time.

ElAurens
05-27-2012, 04:25 PM
You mean East Africa, right? ;)

Well yes, Egypt and areas under British control. Most ( all? ) went to the SAAF. I tend to lump it all into North Africa as that is where most of the later combat was. Early on it would have been against the RA of course.

secretone
05-28-2012, 04:22 AM

I agree! I am so tired of hearing "I got you covered" and then seeing my wingman go off after a target on his own.

With that being said, some Air Forces seem to have had better teamwork than others. For example American unit discipline appears to have been very strong while, from my reading, the Japanese were less team players...

ElAurens
05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
from my reading, the Japanese were less team players...

Indeed. Teamwork had little place in their cultural ethos of the Samurai, at least as far as fighter pilots went. The Japanese air services clung to an outdated tactical dicta, that of one on one aerial combat. And quite honestly, in the early stages of the war, they had the best trained pilots in the world in the art of dogfighting. The Army and Navy flight schools washed out many, many good pilots to crew positions, that would have been aces in any other air force.

This of course came back to bite them hard as they were unable to quickly replace ever growing losses from 1943 onwards. New Guinea in particular became a meat grinder for Imperial Japanese Army Air Corps pilots, as the Allies better understood how to use their faster, more heavily built aircraft against the Japanese. There is an amazing statistic the book "Fire in The Sky", the Japanese army lost 350 veteran pilots that had over 500 combat hours in New Guinea. This gutted their base of experienced pilots and they never fully recovered.

JtD
05-28-2012, 04:40 PM
The battles of the Coral Sea and Midway did for the IJN what NG did for the IJA. The early Japanese successes were only possible because of the excellent pilot qualities, and when these pilots were lost, the IJN had no advantage left.

This Samurai attitude btw. wasn't even limited to the air forces, same was true for about every branch of armed forces the Japanese. The Japanese were supposed to be superior soldiers to make up for low numbers and bad equipment. If your cannon doesn't penetrate the enemies armour while his cannon can pierce yours at 2000m, you'll still win because you're the better soldier. Or not. In some aspects, the Japanese attitude was quite extreme.

But this is going off topic. :oops:

SPITACE
05-29-2012, 11:32 PM
hi all can we have an option in 4.12 to "take out" "see no pilot/ crew" from the inside and outside the planes in IL2 the fighters and bombers look better with out them :-P

Ace1staller
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Hey TD, good work, however, Could we include Nationalist and Republic Spain Air force because we are missing some very important countries.

As in WWII time period of Il-2 Sturmovik 1946, We need to include more squadrons for France, because there are more than just one.

Also we are missing Countries like South Africa, plus Yugoslavia is needed to be added because German and Italy attack them. Plus Denmark, Greece, Belgium, and Norway should be added because they were involved in World War II. Plus how can we miss China ? China is a Major country and It was under attacked by Japan in World War II.

Also I request that we should need more Polish Aircraft such as PLZ 24 (Also served in Greece) and we also would need Polish Bombers and I would request that we need more French Fighters and we need some French Bombers along during the 1940 period.

ElAurens
05-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Nationalist China is out I'm guessing for current political (read, sales) reasons.

Just have to make do with skins.

Treetop64
05-30-2012, 02:50 AM
That, and MatManager has an option to sub out one of the nationalities for nationalists China. Of course, this only applies to the aircraft markings, not the pilot voices.

Wiesel
06-01-2012, 05:14 AM
awesome td! thanks for the Ki-45 ;)

Luno13
06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Ooooh, that plane is going to be so much fun :grin:

Sita
06-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Ooooh, that plane is going to be so much fun :grin:

war is never been so much fun )))

[URU]BlackFox
06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Another great addition.

If there was a new map I would ask for inmediate release just with this features.

CzechTexan
06-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm so happy to see the flyable Hawk-75 coming along, finally haha!
Even though it will have a Finnish cockpit, I'll be happy to fly it on the Burma map. The RAF had two squadrons in Burma from mid-42 til Jan 44. Not too much air to air combat but mostly escort and ground strafing and dropping light bombs. Thanks TD!

K_Freddie
06-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Maybe an idea to restore on-line confidence again.

As we know everyone is concerned about the validity of FMs ,DMs and other goodies when flying online. Is it possible for TD produce a 'secure' server (vanilla, certain mods) as it used to be.

This would go far in reinstating the original online confidence that IL2 used to have.
:)

Fighterace
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I can't wait to see the P-40 updates :)

ElAurens
06-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I can't wait to see the P-40 updates :)

*Insert drool smilie here*

:cool:

310thDiablo
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Just curious as i noticed on the read me the bit about the changed .50 cal belting. it mentions a He round, when did the m-2 ever have a explosive round? Im tracking AP (armor piercing) API (armor piercing incindiary) APIT(armor piercing incindiary tracer) and Ball. Just puzzled not strating to inflame another kills tigers display.

I have links to info on teh jug having a constant speed prop and that teh 50 cal. used a loadout of 4 api and 1 apit round in it's belt but for some reason i cannot copy and paste to here.

Please look into this for 4.12.

ElAurens
06-05-2012, 12:17 AM
The HE round has been in the game since the beginning, and it's one of the reasons the .50 BMG has been less effective than it was historically. It was deleted in 4.11.1

The new belting is far better.

The in game P 47 has always had a constant speed prop, all US aircraft have them.

ElAurens
06-05-2012, 12:22 AM
From the 4.11.1 readme...

Changed .50 cal belt from APIT - AP - HE - AP to APIT - AP - API - AP

310thDiablo
06-05-2012, 11:29 AM
The HE round has been in the game since the beginning, and it's one of the reasons the .50 BMG has been less effective than it was historically. It was deleted in 4.11.1

The new belting is far better.

The in game P 47 has always had a constant speed prop, all US aircraft have them.

El....then why can't teh Jug have auto prop pitch settings? And you are right about teh he round. but it is still week with having 2 ap rounds instead of adding 2 more api rounds. The power rating is higher for api or apit. Would be a harder hitting belt load.

ElAurens
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
El....then why can't teh Jug have auto prop pitch settings? And you are right about teh he round. but it is still week with having 2 ap rounds instead of adding 2 more api rounds. The power rating is higher for api or apit. Would be a harder hitting belt load.

Constant speed is not the same as auto pitch.

With constant speed prop the pilot selects the rpm and the prop will adjust the blade angles to keep constant rpm no matter where the throttle is set, within the prop's range of course.

Auto pitch is like the German system on Bf 109 and FW 190, a very different thing.

310thDiablo
06-05-2012, 12:08 PM
awww ok. I see said the blind man. So we have no way of setting a constant rpm on the Jug then to make use of it. I will continue to have to adjust prop pitch.

JtD
06-05-2012, 04:10 PM
You cannot adjust prop pitch, you can only change rpm.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
06-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Indeed - the HUD message is misleading.

Tigertooo
06-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Will the "shared kill" also be available online (DF servers and COOPS) ?

PeterPanPan
06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Been over at the CoD forum for a very long time. Back here now. Apologies if this has been asked already, but are there any plans to add a South East England/Channel Map in 4.12? Pretty please ....

PPP

SPAD-1949
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Been over at the CoD forum for a very long time. Back here now. Apologies if this has been asked already, but are there any plans to add a South East England/Channel Map in 4.12? Pretty please ....

PPP

Asked many times.
Clear NO for that because of CoD.
But you can UP3RC and DBW your Game and there are plenty of them.

PeterPanPan
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Asked many times.
Clear NO for that because of CoD.
But you can UP3RC and DBW your Game and there are plenty of them.

Righto, thanks Spad.

PPP

PeterPanPan
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
... and can anyone tell me if FMB triggers and/or off-runway starts (in coops) are now a possibility or in the pipeline?

Thanks

PPP

[URU]BlackFox
06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Off-runway starts are possible online, but only for humans. And they work very well. Total change in inmersion.

In 4.12, the AI will have that possibility too. It's one of the first updates in the thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31724

310thDiablo
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
You cannot adjust prop pitch, you can only change rpm.

So are you saying I am not really changing prop pitch even tho that is what is set in my keys it's really jsut adjusting rpm?

ElAurens
06-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Yes, that is how a real constant speed prop works.

The pilot cannot choose the angle of the blades, he chooses the rpm and the blades adjust automatically to keep the desired rpm, so that for instance, in a dive the blades would get more and more coarse to try to keep the desired RPM as speed increased, and in a climb they would go to finer pitch to keep RPM up as the aircraft slowed.

The lone exception to this on US aircraft is the Curtiss Electric Propeller. It could work in 2 modes, as a normal constant speed prop, as described above, or the pilot could go to a manual mode where it worked as a variable pitch prop, like a 109 with it's auto prop disabled, where the pilot directly sets the blade angle. It is not modeled correctly in the sim on the P 40 and P 38 aircraft that used the Curtiss Prop.

SPITACE
06-16-2012, 10:18 AM
can we see a tropicalised Hurricane with a Vokes engine dust filter in the sim like the mk IID. also a repaint of the hurricanes joystick would be great:-P

zanzark
06-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Pleaaaaase fix the bomb sights!

The bombers that use the same sight as HE-111 are useless... please just swap it for the russian bombers sights, those work.

IceFire
06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Pleaaaaase fix the bomb sights!

The bombers that use the same sight as HE-111 are useless... please just swap it for the russian bombers sights, those work.

Whats wrong with them? I've done precision bombing from medium altitudes in most bombers and while there are a few quirks.. on the whole the He111 bombsight works just fine. As does the one on the Ju88A-4.

Patchman123
06-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Whats wrong with them? I've done precision bombing from medium altitudes in most bombers and while there are a few quirks.. on the whole the He111 bombsight works just fine. As does the one on the Ju88A-4.

The altimeters in the bombardier's position in the bomber are barely functionable and the bombardier's interface also seems to have problems with the speed indicators on the aircraft do not seem to work past 10,000 feet. It is impossible to gauge your altitude correctly from up there. The airspeed indicators do not give you altitude and it's practically impossible to drop the bombs while operating with "no speed bars" difficulty mode. It's useless to set the altitude and velocity without the speed bar. There are no tutorials in the game on how to read gauges on the aircraft or what they look like or how to fly with gauges shot out. I wish there could be tutorials in the game on how to read a tachometer or an altimeter or a fuel gauge, for those people out there, unlike me, who don't know aviation.

I wish there could be training aircraft and training tutorials for basic flight instruction or more detailed take off procedures for various aircraft. It's like you have to be a trained pilot to operate anything in the sense of being like Chuck Yeager, and it's not real friendly towards those who are beginning to understand aviation and flying planes.
I'm not looking for arcade sim, either. They never read properly above 10,000 feet.

Flying in the games without the white words and having those disabled when flying to add more realism is impossible. Forget it. Setting the bombing altitude, velocity, and bombsight settings is completely impossible because you are unable to know what altitude you're setting it at and you can not see it at all and you do not see it in the bomb interface, even though the bombsight would probably have the set altitude displayed in the sight mechanism and all that. It would tell you what altitude you're flying at.

Setting it without the letters is impossible. The game as a whole is useless when you disable the white words on the right hand screen. Is there a way to remedy that?

Also engine seizures are difficult to deal with, instead of cutting back power, the whole engine just seems to run until it can't run anymore. Are they any complex ways to deal with it? I hope so. Engine seizures are annoying.

jameson
06-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Patchman, suggest you register at M4T. Where you will find this:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=283
or you could try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFy2pgfHGA&feature=related
M4T also has instructions on how to dive bomb using the bomb sight in a JU88, if you're really keen. You can stop whining now.

Sita
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
any news about 4.12?

magot
07-06-2012, 10:37 PM
any news about 4.12?
Some new things was imported, I hope that will be soon video or any exactly info in update post.

Fighterace
07-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I can't wait to see the P-40's wings fixed

ElAurens
07-07-2012, 07:11 PM

+1000000000000000

Treetop64
07-08-2012, 02:31 PM
+1000000000000000

Yeah, no kidding about that.

IceFire
07-08-2012, 02:33 PM
+1000000000000000

It's going to be great :)

ElAurens
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Of course the downside is that my huge collection of skins will no longer work...

:(

Mysticpuma
07-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Ying and Yang and for every Negative there is a positive.

!0-years of waiting (maybe a little less) and the P-40 gets a make-over.....20-years and the P-47 gets a new cockpit ;) ??

Cheers, MP

Grach
07-09-2012, 10:44 AM
The old P-40 extreme wing dihedral is finally being tweaked? Or is this still wishful thinking?

Has this actually been announced by someone from TD? The only post about this is the recent comment from Fighterace, unless I've missed something.

Treetop64
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
It may only be wishes for now. It's one of the more glaring visual offenses that remain in the game and, frankly, I'm quite surprised it's persisted for so long.

IceFire
07-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Of course the downside is that my huge collection of skins will no longer work...

:(

I think that'll be a small price to pay ;)

ElAurens
07-10-2012, 03:12 AM
I think that'll be a small price to pay ;)

True enough.

Ace1staller
07-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Is there anything new ? I haven't seen a single post about new updates of 4.12 since May 31st.

Sita
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
saturated )))

_RAAF_Smouch
07-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Nice info about the 40E TD!!!

Look forward to giving her a run :)

Alien
07-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Is there anything new ? I haven't seen a single post about new updates of 4.12 since May 31st.

Then look at the updates' topic (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31724).

Grach
07-13-2012, 09:39 AM
The old P-40 extreme wing dihedral is finally being tweaked? Or is this still wishful thinking?

Has this actually been announced by someone from TD? The only post about this is the recent comment from Fighterace, unless I've missed something.

Well it looks like I might have to eat my little sailor hat... :-P

Excellent news, a brand new P-40E! (Presumably also M & M-105??)
Here's hoping for a couple of N's as well one day! :cool:

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Presumably also M & M-105?? P40N?

Probably.
As we cannot promise them 100% for 4.12, they didn't came up in the development update, but here I can tell you, that there is more in work too.

Very early WIP!

-K
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68344843/DT%20Updates/P40K.jpg

-M
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68344843/DT%20Updates/P40M.jpg

-N
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68344843/DT%20Updates/P40N.jpg

I personally hope, there is time for an -F too. Let see, what Macwan is able to bring on. :cool:

Spudkopf
07-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Excellent update!

ElAurens
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM
This forum REALLY needs a DROOL emote.

Wow, a P-40N.

I cannot wait.

IceFire
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
This forum REALLY needs a DROOL emote.

Wow, a P-40N.

I cannot wait.

Looks great eh? Macwan is doing a fabulous Jon with these an I wish him a lot of luck in getting these finished. Excited to see the P-40 given some attention.

Asheshouse
07-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the Multi-Gun feature TD. Great stuff.
It'll be nice eventually to see this feature integrated into other models, like the M3 Lee/Grant and others. But great to see it in the Russian multi turret tanks to start with.

|450|Leady
07-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Love it!!

Can't wait, the new P40 looks FAB! And there is possibly an N on the way, Just Christmas!

Cheers

Leady

zipper
07-13-2012, 10:54 PM
So ... the new P-40 doesn't have its offset fin?

The fin on all short tail P-40s was offset to the left by 1 1/2 degrees (and the rudder trim tab was actually a trimmable balance tab). All long tails have zero fin offset and the trim tab no longer functioned as a balance tab.

Feathered_IV
07-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Just beautiful!

Grach
07-14-2012, 03:50 AM
Probably.
As we cannot promise them 100% for 4.12, they didn't came up in the development update, but here I can tell you, that there is more in work too.

Very early WIP!

-K

-M

-N

I personally hope, there is time for an -F too. Let see, what Macwan is able to bring on. :cool:

Wow, just wow... :cool:

With an F as apossibility too? Speechless.
(Actually isn't an L just a K with an F (Merlin) nose?? ;) )

Fighterace
07-14-2012, 05:00 AM
That looks so awesome...Best Update ever TD :)

Probably.
Best Update ever!!! :D

Very early WIP

-K

-M

-N

SPITACE
07-14-2012, 12:00 PM
great update i hope we do not have to wait untill Christmas :-P

RegRag1977
07-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Excellent news!

Each time i read that something new is coming in the (good :) ) old IL2 sim, it makes my day...

Seriously IL2 1946 is still a giant, i feel like it could still aspire to "the-best-WW2-sim" title. Incredible.

TY Oleg Maddox and Team Daidalos!

nozedyve
07-14-2012, 02:00 PM
This is looking fantastic. Congratulations to TD. The game just keeps getting better.

Cheers

Ace1staller
07-14-2012, 07:22 PM
thanks DT I wonder if we are going to have updates. I like the look of the P-40N. Also how is the B-24 project ?

Adwark
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Wow great news. But how about Italian G55 cockpits? Does we have a hope get its flyable in 4.12?

Fighterace
07-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Since the later P-40 series are getting updated, will the P-40B/C's be updated too?

ddr
07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
hip-hip-hip-hurrah! thanks very much TD for your work, it's great!
i hope is possible to have in future patches also a soviet planes "restoration" :)

Macwan
07-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Since the later P-40 series are getting updated, will the P-40B/C's be updated too?

Personally speaking, the P-40B is a rather good model with a nice texture, like the P-36 actually.
Only the H87/Warhawk series really needs an upgrade, I think.

BTW, thanks for the positive comments guys and I wish this model can be finished soon.

Cheers !

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow great news. But how about Italian G55 cockpits? Does we have a hope get its flyable in 4.12?

Probably not, sorry! :(

RegRag1977
07-16-2012, 04:24 PM
MiG3, especially, really needs improvements, both the model and the cockpit.
What do you guys at TD think? Is there a hope to see it improved one day?

Just a wish, i'm already so happy with what you guys give us :)

ElAurens
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Have to agree with Macwan here, the Hawk 81s and 75s in game are good 3D representations of those aircraft.

And thanks to you sir for your work on the new Hawks and all your skins over the years.

FlyingShark
07-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Indeed, I agree too, I'dd rather they focus on correcting the wings of the others and creating the new ones, I hope they'll also get opening canopies.

~S~

SPITACE
07-18-2012, 02:09 PM
the p40s are ok in the sim its the bf109s that need new cockpits :-) also the gun buttons on the spitfires need a repaint/redone

maxim42
07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
BF-109 definitely needs new cockpit. BF-109 is one of the most important plane in IL-2 1946 with a lot of its versions. Compare it to the BF-110 where the cockpit is nice and with good quality. The BF-109's doesn't have many animations. The sound of this plane should also be changed because the actual one is weak (especially inside). Also I noticed a bug with BI-6 plane where the wing engines work even without fuel.

IceFire
07-18-2012, 11:36 PM
the p40s are ok in the sim its the bf109s that need new cockpits :-) also the gun buttons on the spitfires need a repaint/redone

The P-40 cockpit isn't too bad... yes the Bf109 one is pretty old and fairly awful in comparison. Now on the exterior the Bf109 was lovingly crafted while the P-40E/M has a number of extremely obvious errors which it'll be great to have corrected.

You know the Bf109 cockpit isn't too bad considering it's one of the oldest in the game along with the IL-2, Yak, and MiG-3.

Lagarto
07-19-2012, 07:35 AM
By the way, wasn't Kittyhawk MK IA (P-40E) fitted with underwing bomb racks? The current model doesn't have them.

_1SMV_Gitano
07-19-2012, 08:15 AM
By the way, wasn't Kittyhawk MK IA (P-40E) fitted with underwing bomb racks? The current model doesn't have them.

Many wartime pictures suggest that the use of small size bombs under the wings was widespread from the P-40F onwards. On the other hand, some references suggest that small bombs were used also by P-40s in the Phlippines campaign (1941) but it's not clear what version carried them as there were both P40B/Cs and P-40Es operating together (source: Bloody Shambles vol. 1 by C. Shores)

Fighterace
07-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Will the new P-40 models have an improved DM?

Macwan
07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes, they will. At least the 3D, texture and collision boxes are much more detailled.

Cheers !

Macwan.

ElAurens
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Many wartime pictures suggest that the use of small size bombs under the wings was widespread from the P-40F onwards. On the other hand, some references suggest that small bombs were used also by P-40s in the Phlippines campaign (1941) but it's not clear what version carried them as there were both P40B/Cs and P-40Es operating together (source: Bloody Shambles vol. 1 by C. Shores)

14th. Air Force P 40s were often armed with the bazooka type rocket launcher, as seen on the P47 in IL2.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
07-19-2012, 10:37 PM
The P-40 cockpit isn't too bad... yes the Bf109 one is pretty old and fairly awful in comparison.

I tend to disagree. While Bf109 do have awful texturing (old style), the 3D shape of the P-40 cockpits, especially the canopy frames, is really wrong.
So in summary, P-40 cockpits are wrong, while Bf109 ones are only ugly.

Lagarto
07-20-2012, 10:33 AM

Many people won't notice when something is wrong, for lack of expertise, but they will surely notice when something is ugly :)

IceFire
07-20-2012, 12:26 PM
I tend to disagree. While Bf109 do have awful texturing (old style), the 3D shape of the P-40 cockpits, especially the canopy frames, is really wrong.

That's quotable :) Both could use some tlc but super happy about the P-40 in general!

Phil_K
07-20-2012, 07:14 PM
P-40 cockpit frames are wrong AND ugly.

Fighterace
07-21-2012, 01:00 AM
So, no more one shot knocking out the engine or damaging all control surfaces

Macwan
07-21-2012, 09:45 AM
So, no more one shot knocking out the engine or damaging all control surfaces

Normally, no more. The following parts are separated : engine body (cylinders), radiator, carburator, oil tank, fuel tanks (x3), control cables (x4).
To my opinion, the radiator and wings fuel tanks are the less protected parts.
The other parts are pretty secured and well protected, actually.

Macwan.

ElAurens
07-21-2012, 01:15 PM
This is the best news about the new P-40 IMHO. The Hawk 81 and 87 were nothing if not robust aircraft. Their very successful use in the fighter-bomber role in every theatre they operated in stands in stark contrast to the insta-stop DM of the aircraft in the sim.

This Curtiss fan boy thanks you from the bottom of his 100/130 pumping heart.

FlyingShark
07-21-2012, 01:32 PM
This is the best news about the new P-40 IMHO. The Hawk 81 and 87 were nothing if not robust aircraft. Their very successful use in the fighter-bomber role in every theatre they operated in stands in stark contrast to the insta-stop DM of the aircraft in the sim.

That makes 2 of us :grin:.

~S~

IceFire
07-21-2012, 01:54 PM

Some additional ground attack options on the various P-40s would be great too. I know they had a variety of under wing and under fuselage configurations. I think some of the late models had Bazooka tube rocket launchers too?

Also found this great video just this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=BNYuq67uf4E

Never seen RAAF operations before...nevermind RAAF P-40 ops.

_1SMV_Gitano
07-21-2012, 02:19 PM
There are references for various loadout combinations (fuselage and wing bombs, rockets) and they are likely be included ;)

ElAurens
07-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks Gitano, great news.

IceFire, I've seen that one before, it's tarted up a bit, but the action footage is very good indeed. Can you imagine flying an IL2 P40 with that much wing damage and making it home?

:eek:

IceFire
07-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks Gitano, great news.

IceFire, I've seen that one before, it's tarted up a bit, but the action footage is very good indeed. Can you imagine flying an IL2 P40 with that much wing damage and making it home?

:eek:

Oh yeah it's total propaganda reel stuff but I enjoy it just the same :)

I can hardly imagine what kind of 2 hour flight that must have been like. They show the guy looking pretty good on film but I bet it was a different story when he actually landed. They likely filmed it sometime after... they'd probably have to pull me from the cockpit.

ElAurens
07-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd radio ahead for a bottle or six of Scotch to be waiting on the ramp for me.

Ace1staller
07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
What about the Bristol Bombay transport as an AI plane ? like in the 4.12 wishlist thread, The famous intercept in MTO was when JG 27 Bf1-09s shot down a Bristol Bombay of the RAF 216 squadron carrying a new appointed 8th army Commander.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=447280&posted=1#post447280

ElAurens
07-22-2012, 12:41 AM
While we are making wishes for new aircraft, how about one the P-40 could use as a target... One that was based in the Solomons and New Guinea, and often on IJN capital ships?

I give you the Mitusbishi F1M "Pete".

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4240/pete3.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5294/pete2q.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9257/f1m38.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6403/petebase.jpg

An IJN seaplane base somewhere in New Guinea, as seen from an Allied recon plane... 1943 or 44.

Fighterace
07-22-2012, 12:07 PM
While we are making wishes for new aircraft, how about one the P-40 could use as a target... One that was based in the Solomons and New Guinea, and often on IJN capital ships?

I give you the Mitusbishi F1M "Pete".

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4240/pete3.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5294/pete2q.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9257/f1m38.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6403/petebase.jpg

An IJN seaplane base somewhere in New Guinea, as seen from an Allied recon plane... 1943 or 44.

Yes please...May we have a F1M Pete for Il-21946 ?? :)

Pips
07-22-2012, 09:54 PM
What I want to know is.......... how do the crew get aboard their floatplane without getting their boots soaked?

Spudkopf
07-23-2012, 12:29 AM
What I want to know is.......... how do the crew get aboard their floatplane without getting their boots soaked?

Piggy-back ;)

Juri_JS
07-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Yes please...May we have a F1M Pete for Il-21946 ?? :)

It is not a Pete, but at Aviaskins someone is working on a E13A:
http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=2343

The model is looking quite good. I don't know if choisek is cooperating with TD, but it would be great if the E13A could be added to one of the next patches.

Fighterace
07-23-2012, 05:24 AM
I'd be happy with that :)

Lagarto
07-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Lovely. How's the poly count?

Sita
07-23-2012, 07:03 AM
E13A from choisek is under standarts of IL2 ...

ElAurens
07-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Wow, that is great.

Fighterace
07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to have the Me-210/410 flyable for this game?

Kittle
07-26-2012, 08:40 PM
That E13 is gorgeous, don't care who says otherwise. The P40 rebuild might be the one I look forward to the most, it's about time, and am thankful. I fly the P40 more then anything else, and this is going to be awesome! Also, that Ki-45 is coming along very well. Exciting times for a 10 year old sim!!

Ace1staller
07-26-2012, 11:01 PM
that E-13 is going well very nicely, lets hope to see that in 4.12 because I could tell its coming in :)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Indeed, that project looks pretty good and the guy knows how to model!

fruitbat
07-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Re the Wellington, absolutely fantastic:mrgreen:

Looks great, thank you for all your hard work.

Asheshouse
07-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Nice update today.
I sure wasn't expecting the Wellington.

Ashe

RegRag1977
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
This is a very pleasant surprise indeed!

TD you guys know how to tease :D

Question : Will it be flyable or AI?

Daniël
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
A Wellington! Great!!! :grin:

Wiesel
07-27-2012, 04:27 PM
WELLINGTON! GREAT!!! :o

"One of the british Bombers"

Fergal69
07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
It would be great to see a wellington, especially a flyable version, as reading these forums, it is a very missed bomber. It's strange that people seem to mention the Wellington more so than the Lancaster.

Would be nice to see if it is as resiliant & able to soak up the damage they suffered due to the geometric structure they used to build it with.

With regard to float planes, how about a Arado 196 or Heinkel 115?

Sita
07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
target for night fighter)

harryRIEDL
07-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Lovely looking model and a lovely sight seeing a great british bomber(hoping it flyable) oh not to be too picky will their be a chance for the merlin power Wellington.

CWMV
07-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Wow, and I thought 4.11 was packed with awesome content! Looks like 4.12 will be another game changer. Kudos DT.

IceFire
07-27-2012, 08:53 PM
It would be great to see a wellington, especially a flyable version, as reading these forums, it is a very missed bomber. It's strange that people seem to mention the Wellington more so than the Lancaster.

Would be nice to see if it is as resiliant & able to soak up the damage they suffered due to the geometric structure they used to build it with.

With regard to float planes, how about a Arado 196 or Heinkel 115?

In many ways the Wellington is more "useful" to us as it was used for much of the war and over a variety of theatres including in North Africa. Don't get me wrong... I've grown up with a Lancaster flying over my house every so often so I have a special appreciation for that aircraft. I'd love to see it too. Maybe we will yet!

Spudkopf
07-28-2012, 05:15 AM
The Wellington looks very nice and is indeed an unexpected yet very welcome addition. This plane does conjure up the possibility of some early war ground directed night fighter operations, now all we need are those missing up-gunned Ju-88 variants to play with.

I know that many look forward to, neigh dream of there one day being a fully-fledged Bomber Command with the Stirling, Halifax and Lancaster heavies available in Il2-46. Not to mention the likelihood of an equally fledged Costal Command operating the B-17, B-24 and soon the Wellington (it would be even nicer if a Costal Command variant of the Wellington and that projected B-24 could be modelled in parallel).

Now that I think it, dedicated anti-submarine and anti-convoy missions are both major portions of WWII that appear to be missing from Il2-46, which is interesting considering the significant role such operations played in both Russia’s and Britain’s survival. IMO the maps for such missions would be quite simple being mostly ocean with some choice pieces of mostly uninhabited remote coastline (maybe the odd berg floating here and there also). Bearing in mind we already have much of the required elements, like the Naval and Merchant ships, along with many of the key axis and allied aircraft already flyable, with those new subs on the way……………

But I digress, many thanks for another mouth-watering update.

ElAurens
07-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Until ship AA gunner snipers are replaced with more normal types, attacking a U Boat on the surface will be a death wish. Add the fact that the U Boats and other surfaced subs in IL2 seem to be armored like battleships and there is little to be gained by trying to take them out via air attack.

Subs on the surface in reality were very vunerable to air attack, no so in the sim.

KG26_Alpha
07-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Its ok having a Wellington, we just need a map to fly it on

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31555

IceFire
07-28-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure if I've asked but has anyone ID'ed which variant of the Wellington this is?

magot
07-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Its ok having a Wellington, we just need a map to fly it on

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31555

No fear in plan is other map with part of territory where did fly Wellington´s and rest UK bombers ...

Spudkopf
07-28-2012, 10:54 PM
In today's update we would like to present one of the British bombers DT is working on... Vickers Wellington.

No fear in plan is other map with part of territory where did fly Wellington´s and rest UK bombers ...

I think those highlighted are the most important points of the update related posts!

_1SMV_Gitano
07-29-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure if I've asked but has anyone ID'ed which variant of the Wellington this is?

It's a Mk.III :)

Ace1staller
07-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Well its definitely did went to the Battle of France and it bombed German targets like German cities however, I think we should have a map of central France. also I would love to see the magoit line as the German french border with Switzerland south of Germany. Because many German planes went into switzerland so I would like to see the 1940 German-French border of the summer.

IceFire
07-29-2012, 05:37 PM
It's a Mk.III :)

Most excellent :) Thank you!

Ace1staller
07-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Believe it or not everyone and including TD,

I am going to make the Switzerland map. Also this is my first time making a map. so I'll be asking for help in the mods section because I haven't built a map before.

Also to let you know, my mission4today account is JPS1 not Ace1Staller

EDit : the Swiss map that I'm making is going to be cancel repeat cancelled

07-30-2012, 08:06 AM
hi. thankyou for nice job!
Can't the function of A.I. be given to  ship?.:confused:
Can't a rudder be turn autonomous in order to avoid the attack of a bomb or a torpedo? .

Luno13
07-31-2012, 12:19 AM
You guys are awesome! I never anticipated seeing a Wellington added the list of birds in this sim (especially since it would be considered a BoB aircraft and restricted by your agreement with Maddox games).

It's also great to hear about new maps, new submarines, new vehicles and other aircraft...Bravo!

I can see that the subs have a very detailed full-hull model, and are not just waterline objects. Will the new subs be able to dive to evade aircraft and destroyers? How will AA gunnery change, if at all?

The improvement to the P-40 model is superb! It's great to see the repainted cockpits too. The visual damage modeling is outstanding!

I love the Ki-45 additions! I really like the aesthetics of the earlier versions with the rounder nose. Will the forward-firing cannon be reloaded by the gunner, or will behave like an automatic weapon?

Shared kills are a very important and long-awaited feature! I know of no other flight sim that does this (only some private online servers may record "assists" by using their own record-keeping programs).

I am just amazed with all the changes coming to this grand old sim. It seems that many more years of enjoyment are to be had with it, thanks to your hard work! Thank you!

Fighterace
08-01-2012, 06:45 AM
In today's update we would like to present one of the British bombers DT is working on... Vickers Wellington.

I think those highlighted are the most important points of the update related posts!

What other British Bombers is DT working on?

slm
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Great to see all the improvements you guys keep adding. Especially Wellington looks real nice!

bf-110
08-03-2012, 09:11 PM
What?Wellington?When?Where?How?Who????

Just reinstalled IL2 and rediscovered the joy of it...
A british bomber would come great for IL2.

Are there any plans for the PZL P.37?

IceFire
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
What?Wellington?When?Where?How?Who????

Just reinstalled IL2 and rediscovered the joy of it...
A british bomber would come great for IL2.

Are there any plans for the PZL P.37?
Read page 2 of this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31724

Maybe read the rest of the thread too...:cool:

Kittle
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I am one happy man!!! The P40 improvements are beautiful, and one of the things that needed attention in the worst way. Thank You!!! The new Ki-45 models are beautiful, as she has always been one of my favorite aircraft, I am so very pleased to see it in so many versions in my favorite sim. A new gfx card finally allows me to run IL2 full up with conf.ini tweaked and tons of stuff going on silky smooth, just in time for this!!! :D

Fighterace
08-06-2012, 09:21 AM
How's the B-24D coming along & what's coming up in the next update? :P

Ace1staller
08-07-2012, 01:55 AM

I can't wait to fly the B-24 (:

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for the B-24

Buster_Dee
08-07-2012, 11:08 AM

This one is on me. I believe Guse is done with his part of the project (nose, ball turret, and waist). I have the pit, top turret, and tail turret. But I don't know how to prep them for integration, so I'm back in the "training" mode at the moment. Help has been offered, but I have to work through it too if I'm to pull my weight.

Lagarto
08-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Are there any new ground units scheduled for the release with 4.12? Trucks towing artillery pieces, perhaps? Or any kind of British AT / heavy AA / field guns?

Ace1staller
08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
anything coming up ?

magot
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Are there any new ground units scheduled for the release with 4.12? Trucks towing artillery pieces, perhaps? Or any kind of British AT / heavy AA / field guns?
Yes M10 Achilles but for later release ..

Lagarto
08-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Thank you for the heads-up, much appreciated. I'd rather see M3 Lee/Grant or Bren Carrier but beggars can't be choosers :)

magot
08-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the heads-up, much appreciated. I'd rather see M3 Lee/Grant or Bren Carrier but beggars can't be choosers :)
M3 we don´t have started, but for 4.12 multi-gun support it can be good idea.

Kittle
08-17-2012, 11:24 PM
LoL, the M10, what an awesome choice! I play a lot of Combat Mission, so this one is near and dear to my heart. Don't know why I never noticed her absense until someone mentions it. Either way, love what you folks are doing for IL2. Keep up the excellent work!

Fighterace
08-19-2012, 01:15 PM
anything coming up ?

+1

Pursuivant
08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
M3 we don´t have started, but for 4.12 multi-gun support it can be good idea.

This would be an excellent idea, since the M3 was another one of those "ubiquitous" tanks - used on the Eastern Front as well as the MTO, CBI and the Pacific (Makin Island invasion).

Fighterace
08-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Plz may we have the P-40F :)