PDA

View Full Version : Learning Usefulness?

UndergroundMan
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
So I've beat the game on Paladin and now want to try a Mage playthrough, and I'm curious if Learning 3/3 is considered a "must have" for Mages. Though mind runes aren't quite as rare as might, they're still aren't so common that investing like 30 of them in a skill seems appealing if it doesn't directly aid me. So anyone who has played on Mage is Learning still worth maxing? (Note: I'm not trying to do max level on impossible or anything crazy like that)

Fatt_Shade
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Ofc it pays off. I`ll give you numbers from impossible diff lvl : 31 lvl is 1150000 exp points , all quests give you around 200k exp , darion (including western islands) dwarf lands (all mines) have 200-250k exp , demonis + undead lands have less battles then first 3 locations of games but have 500-550 exp , in the end orc lands are around 150k exp.
I did this with learning lvl 3 asap and finished with 1300000exp, so in all battles 1,1 mill exp without learning i would go at 900k at most, 200k exp less then without bonus exp skill.
Now 30 lvl hero is at 600k exp, 31 on 1,15mill exp so those 250k less from wont mean much at end of game but that is just at almost last part (orc lands) so you play 90% of game with great bonus 20% more exp and those will give you lvl earlier but in the end if you manage 30th lvl bonus stop being important, but all the way till then is great bonus. All bonus from this skill should be 2 more lvl`s throughtout all game so investing 26runes for 3rd lvl skill, to get some 15-20 runes from those 2 more lvls and bonuse on lvlup lds/att/def/int/rage/mana, and that you cant buy permanently. And high lvl bonuses are much better then early, on 28-29-30 lvl bonuses are +3/4 on stats ,or +10/15 rage/mana which is better then bonus from lets say bonus from 2 to 3 lvl of heroism
So in the end i suggest to get learning soon , it will payoff during game.

UndergroundMan
04-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the input.

Fatt_Shade
04-28-2012, 03:10 AM
Just some more info. I guess you know difference in classes : warrior get most lds per lvl, and most exp for rage spirits, but mage have highest gain for quests. Expl : 200k exp i mentioned for all quests were warrior numbers for 101 quest finished (i missed 2 somewhere, no idea where) , for all this mage gets around 300k exp.
Just comparing i found some old saves, Holy indulgence quest for warrior=2500exp, mage=4400exp which is big difference in beginning (this is fairly early quest) , or Ishara temptress quest for warrior=5500exp, mage=7500, Tree of life sprout quest warrior=5100exp, mage=8900exp (70% more exp reward then for warrior). And all this have nothing to do with Learning skill, since exp from battles depends on enemy army leadership value and you`re hero lvl, not with hero class.
So in mage play with learning skill you`ll gain lvl`s much faster then warrior but this will even out as game goes further.