PDA

View Full Version : adding victory/pilot name/hakenkruz easily

Gourmand
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Hi
with the v3.0 of my website : http://www.cliffsofdover.fr/
you could easily add victory/pilot name/hakenkruz
( and skin for skinner ;) )

for today this features are available only for spitfire and ju-87 stuka...

but i don't know if it's good... it's seem to be not standard for this picture in the real WW2...

if you can help me for the position and the size it could be great

Thx.

Gourmand
04-27-2012, 08:11 AM
This sounds like a cool idea for those that can't edit their skins easily.

As for your queation... I think (with German aircraft) it was a matter of preferance, but almost, if not always on the port side of the fuselage. And it's usually a "saying" or signature pic, and rarely do I see the pilot's actual name. Is it possible, maybe, to have the ability to add a signature pic aswell? Or perhaps this might be a worthy request to be developed?

pilot's actual name is effectively rarely and i'm inspirate of the movie bha bha black sheep with corsair... i didn't see a 1941 aircraft with name... and generaly pilots switch aircraft and haven-t own aircraft... so not very realistyc but can be fun... and it's optionnal...

when you said pic sign... you mean noseart?
noseart is a feature i can add ;) but before i prefere complete the existing feature with all aircraft ;)

csThor
04-27-2012, 09:48 AM
There was no official designation for "noseart" in the Luftwaffe and contrary to the US system (with some officer's board going over nosearts and slogans to weed out "inappropriate" ones) such things were actually frowned upon (although it was tolerated). Unit badges and emblems were common until 1943, though.

Gourmand
04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
ok i finish victories, names, kruz... and after i'll see for "noseart"... ;)

Gourmand
04-27-2012, 12:14 PM
i passed v3.1 ;)

hurricane
spitfire
and stuka could have till 30 victory

for axe victories i try to make a smart script who add blank or black victory tails ;)