PDA

View Full Version : console commands to skip missions?

cianw1
04-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I have gotten fairly far in the CoD campaign, probably atleast 10 hours of gameplay, and then tonight i went to load the campaign and i accidentaly clicked 'new' instead of 'load'. I would thought that maybe a dialogue box would pop up atleast asking am i sure i want to start a new campaign, but no it just instantly wiped my progress. Ive searched on the web for any console commands etc and i cant find any that allow you to skip missions etc, so i was wondering if anyone on here know of any? I really enjoy the game but it would be frsutrating to fly the same missions over again, especially the ones that took a few tried to do.

bolox
04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
there's no console command to do this but there is a way of editing a file to skip through to where you want in a campaign.

go to...//docs/1csoftclub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign/"your campaign"/

if you have played a mission there will be a file called "state", open this with notepad. It's very short, a
[Main]
battleindex 1

for example. to change your current progress change the number "1" to the "number of the mission you wish to play minus 1" , ie if you want to play mission 5 change the number to 4. Save (NOT save as).
go fly:grin:

cianw1
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi thanks for the reply but i cant find the file that i am supposed to change. in my CoD directory i have a missions folder and within that, 'single' and multi' but no mention of campaign or the 'state' file. ps i have the game on steam

AKA_Tenn
04-20-2012, 02:12 AM
i think its in your doccuments folder, not ur game folder

cianw1
04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
i think its in your doccuments folder, not ur game folder

Ah thankyou very much, you and bolox!