PDA

View Full Version : FreeTrack pause, Blue Screen of Death and the Option "Toggle TrackIR"

Artist
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Hello Everybody,

I have Win7, 64bit prof, FreeTrack with a Wii Remote (Blue Soleil Bluetooth-stack). What I would like to do ist to pause FreeTrack momentarily (with a keypress) when in cockpit (i.e. to adjust the magnetic and gyro compasses, etc.).

But when I use the pause-function of FreeTrack more than once, CloD, FreeTrack and Windows all end in a BSD (this does not happen in IL-2 or RoF).

The at first glance perfect controls option "Toggle TrackIR" (Camera, Keys, last option) has no effect whatsoever.

I know that there is the control option "Glance at Dashboard", but I want more!

Anybody an idea?

Artist

SEE
04-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Try assigning a different key for the FT pause option and enable toggle tick box.

Don't know much about using a Wi-Mote, if it requires IR LED's, another solution might be to have a simple on - off switch for the LEDs or hit F10 and switch to mouse control.

Artist
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi SEE,

Try assigning a different key for the FT pause option
Tried. Same result.

and enable toggle tick box.
I don't have the toggle tick box for the pause option (only for center and others). However in the default.ftp there's a key "PauseToggle" and it is set to 1.

Don't know much about using a Wi-Mote, if it requires IR LED's, another solution might be to have a simple on - off switch for the LEDsNow, that's an idea :)

Artist

SEE
04-18-2012, 09:15 PM
You are correct, there is no toggle for Pause. You could try using the same keyboard command for all the Axis and set all to toggle.

I use the same key command for both the X and Y axis with toggle enabled when I want to be in 4 DOF. If it works for two axis (using the same kestroke) it could work for all six.

You shouldn't have to do this and there does seem to be a conflict with CloD and Freetrack regards responding to keystrokes. Freetrack will suddenly stop responding to my keystroke to centre.

Artist
04-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi SEE,

I've to admit being stupid - or rather having been blind to the obvious: Because the issue would never arise in RoF, IL-2 or anything else but CloD I assumed the culprit to be CloD or at least the combination of FreeTrack, BlueSoleil, Wii Remote and CloD...

It was only when I started looking at the FreeTrack source code (Pascal..., a long, long time ago :grin:) to maybe find a possibility not to pause the whole FreeTrack, but just to stop transmitting data to the sim. This took me to the FreeTrack forum (where I should have started!, see above :rolleyes:). And - bam! - there it was: The BSOD of pausing FreeTrack (with Wii remote and Bluesoleil) is a known issue (http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2123) since 2009.

And the solution is, who could have suspected: just stop transmitting data to the sim instead of pausing FreeTrack. This option is just two inches of scrolling down below the option to pause FreeTrack: In the group "Output" assign a toggle key to "Track-IR". That's it. Just that simple.

And it does have the additional benefit, that blocking the output does not pause FeeTrack and does not stop the Wii remote. Therefore the system does not have to re-discover the LEDs, is therefore faster back and I do not have to set the threshold as low as before (I had the situation that FreeTrack did not rediscover the LEDs after pausing).

Artist

SEE
04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I never noticed that extra set of tick boxes untill you mentioned it. I have never scrolled down the window so that makes two of us :grin: - thats a much better way to pause. Thanks for posting!

Artist
04-19-2012, 01:58 PM
:grin:

I've just checked the manual (which is available in French only). We're not even guilty of RTFM... It does shows those options, but does not explain what they do.

Everyday one bit wiser...

Artist

Marmusman
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Old topic, but useful info.

I have an on/off switch on my home made IR LED hat....I just switch the hat off....which turn off the LEDs and thus stops tracking....I can then use the mouse as needed....then turn hat back on.

But being able to assign a key, might also be nice!!