PDA

View Full Version : Text not displaying properly

grolicus
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Hi,
I just downloaded Armored Princess from the App Store for Mac, and all text is screwy : words running into each other, line breaks where they are not appropriate, spaces that are missing … It really is unplayable this way, seeing as the game uses text all the time to convey information.
Graphically, everything else runs just fine.

Anyone else having these problems or a solution ? (I'm on a 27" Mac at Max resolution 2560x1440). Or is the developer already aware and working on a patch ?

Thanks for any help.

Fatt_Shade
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
First i just have to say this : you`re trying to play a game on Mac :-D
Second couple questions : did you try other resolutions ? lower then max available ?
Other, do you play english, or some translated version ? Maybe translation is badly done.
And i wouldn`t cross my fingers for patch. AP was released long ago, since then CW and bunch of mods got released also. And also WotN is in preparation, so i dont think much of their time is concentrated on old games. Sorry for not being of much help, but if you dont fix it with lower res i have no other ideas. Good luck :-)

grolicus
04-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the advice !
Yes, I'm a Mac player.
And since this is problem No 2 in 2 years, I'm either lucky or it isn't that bad :)

Yes, I've tried other resolutions. And although some combinations seem to juggle the text marginally better, they all have their reading problems.
And I always game in default English, so that ain't it either.

But since a patch seems out of the question, I just waisted about 20 euro, so I'll just head out and put up a note for my fellow Mac's at the App Store that they should steer clear of 1C releases on Mac until they fix their software.

Thanks again for the help, though ! It keeps me from becoming needlessly frustrated. It's a shame though, I really liked King's Bounty when I was on PC (just like the others here, I suppose).

bonnejo3
05-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I would also like to reach out to the developers here -- what is the plan to fix this? I just spent 35 bucks and not happy..

runik
05-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Having the same issue. ant this is making me so CRAZY!
(27" Mac - resolution 2560x1440)

thither
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello, yes, can anyone respond? The game is really not very playable on the Mac. If I were 1c I'd be asking for my money back from whatever 2-bit operation did the MacOS port. Here's an example:

http://imgur.com/r4umw

It's too bad, I really did want to play on the Mac.

Dnilo
07-29-2012, 01:29 AM
I just bought it and found this problem too.

I found a workaround, set the game resolution at 1280x960, it seems that it was designed to run at that size, because the text renders fine.

Dicetrain
08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Actually the all the art assets (including text) for whole game are built around 1280x1024. If you run that resolution in a window you'll notice everything is instantly way sharper. Any other mode is compressing or stretching it.

I don't know what kind of resources they have as a developer after their relative success with the series, but hopefully in the future they'll be able to design text and graphics that work in all resolutions. The best bet is to have menu/hud elements that can reposition, then for indoor screens have them sit on top of a widescreen background where the sides aren't as visually important.