PDA

View Full Version : The Crystal Ball 2

mungee
04-17-2011, 03:45 PM
The beta patch has made the world of difference to CoD!! I'm HOOKED!!

Well done the 1C "team"!!

I've just flown a sortie over the Channel - engaging some Italian G.50's and learning to get to grips with "new" reflector gunsight (quite different, and I suspect a lot more realistic than the ones in IL-2 1046)!

Now that I've got CoD running smoothly, the graphics look amazing!! - the cockpits get 100%, the aircraft models get 100%, the sea gets 100% - I must admit, the land does disappoint - in MY opinion, the "greens" of the land are far too bright/"saturated".

The sounds in CoD are generally good - they just need a bit of "tidying up", which I'm sure will be done in time. The external sound of the Hurricane and, if I recall correctly, the Tiger Moth, sound the same as the external sounds in IL-2/1946 and I believe can, and will, be improved.

For those of you who have been concerned about the some of the negative initial reports on CoD, DON'T BE!!
Buy it, I'm confident that the 1C "team" will resolve issues given time - the latest beta patch proves that!!

DrPepper
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Some people have tinkered with gamma settings in their video cards control panel to darken things a bit...

For me the land looks great, but I usually use a darker screen setup by adjusting gamma.

Give it a try and see if it works for you, might be a simple solution. :)

senseispcc
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Now that I've got CoD running smoothly, the graphics look amazing!! - the cockpits get 100%, the aircraft models get 100%, the sea gets 100% - I must admit, the land does disappoint - in MY opinion, the "greens" of the land are far too bright/"saturated".

Hello,

are you all forgeting that the most of Battle of Britain was during the summer without any bad weather day. With full sun this should be green and very bright. The sun does this!...Look outside when there is full sun and maybe even take a picture to see the contrast betwen the sunlight and the shadows.

I do not think it should be dark!

Have a nice game.:-)

mungee
04-17-2011, 07:59 PM
I take your point about the brightness - perhaps darker greens (with bright light) is what I'm thinking about then.

vingt-2
04-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I take your point about the brightness - perhaps darker greens (with bright light) is what I'm thinking about then.

I personelly think that the look of the grass and the land bring a beautifull touch to the british landfield. Looks great to me, and very comfortable for the eyes. Kinda reminds me the Shire :grin: