PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get the Ketegys mod + HK-mod to work, game does not start with them installed?

Ravenmickel
04-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi there guys!
I am new to CoD but got superb help from a senior member with another problem I had. I am unsure if it is correct to post this here, but I think maybe You are the right ones to ask. So now I try to ask the forum for help again with another problem: I really, really want to have the swastikas for historical authentic appearence on the german planes!
When I yesterday tried exactly to follow the readmefiles instructions the endresult is that the game won't start. It loads up to the UBIsoft thing and then come the "pilot painting" whith instuction to SHIFT+TAB. I do that and the same "pilot painting" is still there, with the same music.
No instructions now though. I try to SHIFT+TAB again, nothing happens. I leftclic with the mouse randomly on the "pilot painting" - then the mouse arrow disapears. But the of me now hated pilot painting refuses to go away. I never come to the first screen of the game proper. I have to end it with CTL+ALT+DEL or with ALT+F4 to get to back to windows 7 desktop.
------------------
WHAT I HAVE DONE IS:
a)
I have done all my changes at the location that the readme says, i.e. on the:
"c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\etc etc-place".
(NB. I have done absolutely nothing at the "other place", i.e. User\my documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 etc etc).

b)
I have installed the ketegys.dll as described in the readme to the sfsMod v1.1
+
I have installed the mod from the HK-zip. I.e. the new HK-directory with its content is placed exactly were the readme instruct me to.
+
I have made a shortcut to Launcher.exe to the desktop, and made the command as the readme instructs: ".......Launcher.exe" -mod=HK
---------------------
When I start the game the normal way again to test it, It works fine, all as it should (but with NO swastikas on the german planes of course).

Do anyone of You more experienced folks know what I can do to get the game to load and start with the this mod for historically authentic swasticas?
Any advices or solutions You know about and can share with me?
Does this mod work for You?

Or:
Should I instead go for individual new skins to the german planes (have to learn how to do that in CoD anyway of course, there are so many beautiful skins out there).

Best Rgds, from Michael in Sweden

Ravenmickel
04-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Disregard my post, the problem solved itself after a new reboot of the computer (also defragmentated my disk yesterday eveninig after having the problem). Do not know why not worked out yesterday - but it does now.
:grin:

Best Rgds // Michael