PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Ace Cheese
04-05-2012, 06:01 AM
I have a problem with my joystick (Extreme3DPro) - my elevator controls are out of line by quite a bit, forcing the nose of the aircraft down. Everything was ok before, but now, after a month of not playing CLOD, it decides not to work properly. :mad:
Is there something I can do to fix this?

banned
04-05-2012, 06:05 AM
I have a problem with my joystick (Extreme3DPro) - my elevator controls are out of line by quite a bit, forcing the nose of the aircraft down. Everything was ok before, but now, after a month of not playing CLOD, it decides not to work properly. :mad:
Is there something I can do to fix this?
Mate, have you checked to see if there is a keyboard key that has been set to elevators and is overriding your joystick control.

Ace Cheese
04-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Mate, have you checked to see if there is a keyboard key that has been set to elevators and is overriding your joystick control.

yes it's good

banned
04-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Mate, I have X52 Pro so I don't know much about your joystick. You'd know it better than me. Is there a trim wheel or something on your joystick. If it's not that then perhaps is it within the program that comes with your joystick?

Ace Cheese
04-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Mate, I have X52 Pro so I don't know much about your joystick. You'd know it better than me. Is there a trim wheel or something on your joystick. If it's not that then perhaps is it within the program that comes with your joystick?

I've just been recalibrating it and I think it's good now. Thanks anyway

jayrc
04-05-2012, 06:18 AM
what about in devices calibration screen in windows? is it centered there?

banned
04-05-2012, 06:26 AM
I've just been recalibrating it and I think it's good now. Thanks anyway
no worries mate

Tavingon
04-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I have an issue.. my stick keeps twitching to the right even thought i have recalibrated several times..

JG26_EZ
04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I have an issue.. my stick keeps twitching to the right even thought i have recalibrated several times..

The dreaded "rudder twitch" can be worse than your girlfriend's parents coming over for dinner. If none of your cables are loose (double check them), it's usually a clear indicator that your stick has "met it's day".

A temporary fix, until you get a new one...
Try messing with the "deadzone" for your rudder settings.

Don't take my word for it though..

6BL Bird-Dog
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I have had similar problems with different types of joystck Hardware in the past.:(
If the axis effected is your rudder ,ie:twist axis then the potentiometer is worn or dirty.This is a rotary electrical device that sends the rotational position from your stick to an onboard chip .In turn that sends data for your software to interprit which in turn sends that interpritation to the programe you have running.
You have four options,
one: replace the stick which is the safest by far,
two: use rudder pedals and dont use the twist axis.
three: try to clean the pot.
four:the last option is temporary and been sugested already,to increase the deadzone in the calibration section.
As I am not familiar with the positoning of the pot in your hardware you will need to see if the pot is in the base or the sticks handle.That is done easily by looking between the stick and the base at the shaft that protrudes from the handle & dissapears into the base.
If the shaft rotates then the pot is on the end of the shaft in the base.If the handle rotates but the shaft extending into the base remains staitionary then the pot is in the handle of the stick.
Firstly power down and dissconnect the stick. You will have to strip the stick to get to the pot in question so check to see what type of fixing driver or allen keys you need.Get some electrical switch and contact cleaner from your local auto parts supplier or electrical shop.I have used Wd 40 at a push before ,but you must make sure to get the access out of the pot. Where as the electrical cleaner will evaporate.Once you have access to the pot remove it from its fitting trying not to break any connections.Spray the cleaner into the pot and move it from one end of operation to the other .Keep repeating this untill it feels smooth then dry out and put everthing back together.
This is totaly at your own risk as I have heard of someone who shorted the usb feed and blow out their usb circuits in their system box.
Additionaly it can be a good method to take some piccies as you go so you have reference for re-assembly.Good Luck;)

Ace Cheese
04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Just because I don't want to start a new thread-
I want to ask if anyone knows if Game booster 3 really works, and if so, by how much?

Marco37
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi Ace, I don't use it myself however you will find various thoughts on Game Booster in these threads:

Game booster 3, anyone tried it?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26489&highlight=game+booster

Game Booster 3 & Launcher exe failure
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27587&highlight=game+booster

Use Gamebooster or similar software to boost performance
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23176&highlight=game+booster

Game Booster
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23471&highlight=game+booster

I hope you find your answers.

~S~