PDA

View Full Version : Force feedback settings ( folder )

jinzo
03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
hi guys i have a microsoft force feedback 2 joystick
and i dont like the limp feel i get when at low speed my question is this.
Is there a way i can create my own ffb folder to put in clod or can i say take the ffb folder outta 1946 and put it in clod to give me the tension i want in my joystick

thx for the feed back guys ??

Osprey
04-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I'd doubt it.

I think that FFB is a part of DirectX, Luthier made some comment a while back that says he can do nothing about it although I find this strange if it is in DX9.

I have the same problem btw, @ 200mph the stick tension suddenly appears, then disappears completely at higher speeds, to reappear and disappear again. I've not measured this, just noticed it. I never had this stick in 1946 so I don't know how it feels in that.

Artist
04-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Make a search for 'fedit' in the "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" and its sub-forums. There are .fee files which can be edited with fedit to your liking...

Artist

jinzo
04-03-2012, 05:40 PM
thx artist will chk it out
my next question was is there a progrmaee to create our own FFB files i imajine there must be a way

Artist
04-03-2012, 07:51 PM
my next question was is there a progrmaee to create our own FFB files i imajine there must be a way
That is what "fedit" is all about: There are several Fedit.exe around, try to find the one with version 5.04.00.2904, others are kind of buggy (see here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=266057&highlight=Fedit.exe#post266057))

Artist

Allons!
04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
I have the same problem btw, @ 200mph the stick tension suddenly appears, then disappears completely at higher speeds, to reappear and disappear again. I've not measured this, just noticed it. I never had this stick in 1946 so I don't know how it feels in that.

Not to talk about my G940 kicking in all the time rouphly several seconds (20-60) after quickmission start.. (ouch)

III/JG53_Don
04-12-2012, 11:52 AM
The FFB of the G940 or the FFB in general in CoD seems to be a bit buggy. I experience the problem, that if my plane gets a hit and steers to maybe the right side and I crash, when I spawn with a new plane, the FFB steers to that direction as well. So I have to start with a high backpressure to get this plane airborne. As soon as it is airborne the steering is gone.
Kinda like there some "erase function" missing, to start completely new with a new plane.
Anyone experienced this except me?