PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G940 need help :)

Daliaraptor
03-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Hey Guys

I've both a G940 few months ago.
After clod supports ffb i startet to play it.
But when i try to aim with litle smooth movements, the G940 has some (3) resistance points (the first after a third), especially when i pull it. If i try to pull a little bit over this point, then suddenly the stick flips with a jerky motion over this point (not much but too much for clod). Like this its hardly to aim. I think its the centering spring (Zentriefeder in German) which i can not deactivate nor set weaker.

So my questions. Has somebody else the G940 with the same behavior? Is it may a malfuction of my G940? Is there a solution to force, deactivation of the Center Force?

Thanks for help and or experiences. :)

See you

Varrattu
03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi

If you like, please try this:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=390902&postcount=2

Please also have a look here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25118

~S~

Daliaraptor
03-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Hello Varrattu

Thanks for your effort.
Ive already read those threads. But those threats doesent fit to my question.
I want to find out, if its may a technical malfunction of my stick.
Some people written that the stick is very smooth, not for me.
To check what i mean, just move the stick on the desktop, the feeling is like pulling a handbreak of a car not that dramatic but there are few resistance points which prevent a smooth motion.
I want to find out, whether my G940 is broken.

Thanks anyway;)

Artist
03-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi Daliaraptor,
Hello Varrattu
Some people written that the stick is very smooth, not for me.
To check what i mean, just move the stick on the desktop, the feeling is like pulling a handbreak of a car not that dramatic but there are few resistance points which prevent a smooth motion.

I just tested what you described with mine, and yes: If I feel very attentively, I can 'feel' what you're talking about - most pronounced when no flight sim is running. I fired up IL-2 and could feel it there, too - but much less pronounced. However, it does not interfere with my steering or aiming, the 'notches' seem not to translate into the sim...

... but the ReversalBug once did. Could it be that your' stick's firmware is not updated to G940 firmware 1.42 (see Verratu's link (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=372214&postcount=18))? I doubt it, but if so, that may possibly explain part of this symptom.

I want to find out, whether my G940 is broken.Probably not - except these notches are *really* pronounced.

Artist

Psychopoak
03-30-2012, 09:35 AM
hum, beeing an owner of this wondeful stick, I think it's not broken or whatever it may be. I think the huge resistance you encounter may be due to the forcefeedback setting being too high, you should check the "centering" option.

and about the resistance peaking, it may be due to the gearing. I experienced the same feeling with the MS Forcefeedback2, and it was more present on this stick than on the logitech. so maybe you could drop down the ffb setting a bit, it should partially resolve your problem but not completely in my opinion

Artist
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes, probably: I played a bit around with it and noticed that these 'notches' are the more pronounced, the higher the "spring effect" setting is. With Verratu's 50% (combined with "overal effects" at 100%, naturally) almost completely gone, with 100% rather pronounced...

Daliaraptor
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys.
So its "normal" as it is, i guess.
I reduced the force settings and indeed these notches are almost gone.
But then you can feel how spartanic the ffb model in clod is, compared to rof.
Hope they will improve some ffb effects in the final patch.

Thanks a lot.

All the best...