PDA

View Full Version : My Throttle has a Mind of its Own!!

mungee
03-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro joystick which worked fine with IL-2 1946, but seems to be having some difficulties with CoD.
I have only recently ventured into using CEM and am finding that the aircraft's (Spitfire MkII) throttle appears to have a mind of its own - it appears to move (and rev up) of its own accord (without me having moved the "wheel" on the joystick) and doesn't like going down to 0% - I must add that I have calibrated the joystick using Windows 7 (64-bit).

Any suggestions as to why this throttle is behaving like this?

5./JG27.Farber
03-25-2012, 01:59 PM
When does this happen? - at the start when you spawn the throttle is often at 100% unless you move the throttle, depending on you stick and how it works.

Does this happen radomly? - do you have double controls bound some where? You can use both keys and axes for throttle - check the key bindings for throttle are not in use with some of your other controls.

As for the not going to zero, you could put a small dead zone in the throttle axes either in the game or in the windows joystick set up. Thats all I can think of with the information you have provided.

el0375
03-25-2012, 03:19 PM
my wild guess is that even if you set your boost to a certain level you change the propeller pitch, and as you do it changes how many rotations the propeller can do so it can increase or decrease RPM.
apart that i cant think nothing else, and i have your same joystick

Nephris
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I notice also several probs with my throttle.
I got a G940 which substituted my old X52 system.
The G940 throttel seemed to stop working , as i wasnt able to move the throttle ingame anymore, also some of the buttons were not work anymore.
I expected it to be a warranty case, as the G940 throttle is well known for problems.
I then plugged my X52 throttle to use with my G940joystick, after a readapting the controlls, i started my first flight, and noticed suddenly the same procedure.
Loss of the throttle control.

Full movements to 100% -> 0% and back, gave the functionality back.
Nevertheless i dont know what happened?
Maybe the USB plug has a failure, maybe i plugged to many USB items into the pc or maybe COD has a prob in certain conditions, although i dont expect that to be the reason.

At the end, the throttle still doesnt work liable, which is more than annoying and i ve still no real clue why.
As i dont expect the game to be the issue this time, I cant hope on the patch this time.

autodeath
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
It migh help to someone...
I use two joysticks, one for axes control and one for throttle control plus pitch control. I noticed that under some conditions my pitch and throttle controls don't work. I figured out that it's caused by my not too clever solution of radiator control mapping (I fly almost exclusively bf108E3). I mapped slider for the control of radiator which expects no more than 3 positions: opening, closing, neutral. Unfortunately slider in the end positions keeps sending signal of opening position even if the controlled element in aircraft is already in it's end position. Which eventually confuses clod, after respawn or even sometimes during flight, which leads to block signals from throttle and pitch mapped controlls to get grabbed and applyed by a simulator. I must set explicitely the slider position on my joystick to some middle position to prevent to keep emiting the signal to the simulator if I want to use it in a described way.

Nephris
04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Good find m8.
Stupid ass me, send my G940 as warranty case back to Logitech....LoL...no awaiting my not broken and fixxed throttle back....
Your description hits my issue very well.