PDA

View Full Version : engine won't fire

zoomar
03-23-2012, 12:56 AM
OK, I'm new to CLOD and may just be a fool...
..but I'm trying out CEM and can't start my engine. So far, I've tried both the spit and hurri. I've set both magnetos on, opened the fuel cocks, set the proper prop pitch, and set the mixture to full. Throttlewise, I've tried everything from 10% to 100%. I push "I", the ignition pops, the prop turns over several times and then dies. I've tried repeating things but no go. I've tried using the clickable cockpit controls and mapped keys in various combinations. The little CEM scales on the lower quadrant of my screen show that my inputs are working. What gives? I read the thread about Binky's problems, but this sounds different. Engine works fine when CEM not selected. HELP!

drewpee
03-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Can be tricky to learn but CEM is worth the effort.

Try this vid.http://www.youtube.com/embed/t6OJkp2v0lU?&autohide=1&showinfo=0&hd=1&autoplay=1

banned
03-23-2012, 05:28 AM
When are you from mate? If you're an Aussie I can jump on Teamspeak with you and help out with getting them started. Once you work out the settings it'll start everytime.

pupaxx
03-23-2012, 05:34 AM
It is important to open correctly the throttle, I use 14% for startup.
Cheers

Skoshi Tiger
03-23-2012, 06:27 AM
For Spitfire using CEM
Fuel on
Proppitch fine (back)
Throttle opened a crack
Mixture rich (forward in spit)

Punch the puppy in the guts and wait till your temps get above 30c
Pitch forward and then its across the briney to give the hun a thrashing!

Cheers!

kestrel79
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Some planes are more touchy than others. But you need a sliver of throttle to start the engine (give or take depending on plane) after you turn on all the magnetos, fuel cocks, and set your mixtures.

Then let everything warm up and your good to go! Once you get it right it's very rewarding.