PDA

View Full Version : Saite pro flight instrument panel

drewpee
03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Hi guys. My birthday is coming up and the question of what to get me has come up. I'm happy with my j-stick rudder trackir setup so the next step may be instrumentation.

Is anyone using these SAITEK PRO FLIGHT INSTRUMENT PANEL with COD?

If so how hard are they to setup and use?

Thanks guys.

BGs_Ricky
03-19-2012, 08:57 AM
If I understand correctly these are only working specifically for FSX, don't know if you can make them work with other sims...

drewpee
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I did some research and looks like you may be right Ricky.

Mite hint for a one of these then.

JG52Uther
03-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I have the quad, its a bit flimsy, apparently the pots aren't the best, but mines a few years old now and still works perfectly. Has a 2 year warranty as well!
I'm thinking of getting a second one, flying bombers.

sfmadmax
03-19-2012, 08:30 PM
I have the quad, its a bit flimsy, apparently the pots aren't the best, but mines a few years old now and still works perfectly. Has a 2 year warranty as well!
I'm thinking of getting a second one, flying bombers.

I agree, they are a bit flimsy however if you don't care for something it won't last you long.

I just happened to fall into 2 sets of these ( I won't explain the story) But yea, go easy on it and take care of it. It should last for a while.

It's not built for a 10 year old, slamming it up and down like it's a PlayStation controller

drewpee
03-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Thanks guys. My flight gear is off limits to the rug rats.

AV8R_
08-26-2012, 09:39 PM
I just bought the FIP for FSX and it works good for prop aircraft, but a couple of the instruments dont go high enough for high performance a/c like jets.

Apparently there is a SDK that can be used to adapt it to work with other sims, including IL2 per the MadCatz Youtube sales advert. Problem is finding the SDK and being a C++ programmer who can tackle this kind of thing.

It would be very nice to be able to use one of these instead of taking glances down in the cockpit view when dogfighting to see some of the gauges.

For that matter, has anyone made an app for IL2 COD that does, this? I know that one gentleman here started to IL2 1946 for the iPad, but that is as far as it went.

Saitek link
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fip.html

Saitek YouTube flick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8v4Q6bDRw