PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Issues!

Flippo_Hippo
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Guys,

I couldnt find anything relating to this issue scanning the forums so i thought i would turn to you guys for help.

I have used my trusted MSFF2 for many years without any issues, this includes Rise Of Flight which i am playing alongside IL2 again with no problems.

Having set my joystick up in IL2 everything works, rudder, throttle etc but i have noticed that with the joystick in the centred position all aircraft climb up and bank right. This means to fly in a straight line i have to bank forward on my stick just to keep straight and level.

This issue doesnt happen on any other game just IL2, does anybody have any ideas?

Many Thanks

ATAG_Snapper
03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi FH,

This is happening after you've trimmed out?

Flippo_Hippo
03-10-2012, 11:26 AM
This is happening on all aircraft despite being trimmed or not.....
All seem to want to do a nice loop, not so entertaining in a HE111

ATAG_Snapper
03-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I can only speak for the aircraft I fly, the Spitfires and the Hurricanes, which require constant elevator & rudder trim adjustments with any change in throttle, pitch, attitude (climb, dive, level, turn), undercarriage, flaps, etc. to avoid the situation you describe.

I can only suggest you check your joystick defection values in Options/Controls/Axis to ensure your MSFFFB2 is calibrated OK for this sim.

Flippo_Hippo
03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Im not a 100% sure in regard to the defection settings and what i should be doing with them, any guideance into what they are and what i should be looking to adjust them too, they will still be on the default settings as i havent touched them.

ATAG_Snapper
03-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Oops, typo -- make that "deflection". Sorry - my bad.

It's easy to check.

When you go to the Controls Options menu, click on the "Axes" tab, for the Category: Aircraft Assignment List look at the second "Event" down: "Elevator"

Simply left click over to the right in the "Command" column where it will show the corresponding elevator axis assignment (it'll be something like "Joystick + Y Axis")

Wiggle your joystick back and forth in the Y axis and see if the green deflection indicator actually shows full deflection (values between +1.00 and - 1.00; center should be 0.00).

ATAG_Snapper
03-10-2012, 12:07 PM
If you're not getting full deflection both ways, or your stick doesn't seem to indicate proper centering, then you might consider recalibrating your MSFFB2 stick in Windows joystick calibration utility (Game Controllers - Properties).

ATAG_Snapper
03-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I use a couple of axes in my CH Quadrant for trim controls, but I know other players reassign the up/down and left/right arrow keys for them because they're more intuitive to use. Others use the hat control on their joystick if using TrackIR or the mouse to pan around.

Possibly someone else here will have some ideas. Good lick!

Osprey
03-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Isn't this the setup thing where you have to adjust the sensitivity? I seem to remember doing something like that in order to get the thing to behave properly.

Flippo_Hippo
03-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I dont know, it doesnt seem to be an issue with the trim as its happening all over despite using trimming set to keyboard. It seems to be a joystick issue related around the centering, i would be interested if any other users of the MSFF2 have had this issue or if not the general setup of your MSFF2 in IL2 you are using so i can compare it to mine to "hopefully" resolve this issue.

lensman1945
03-10-2012, 07:10 PM
well..my MSFF2 was pretty much plug and play with Clod..

I certainly need to trim my Spit and Hurri for hands-off straight and level flight..but that's to be expected

otherwise..very pleased with the MSFF2 including the FFB response