PDA

View Full Version : The Porcelain Unicorn [Non-flightsim, live-action short movie]

salmo
03-09-2012, 07:46 AM
A good short movie & had to share. This is how to tell a story with visuals & little dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRMcPJrWm-g&feature=fvsr

biltongbru
03-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Fantastic!

DoolittleRaider
03-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Not the type movie normally allowed to be posted here, but there is always room or the occasional rare exception. I agree this is quite a remarkable 3-minute movie.

SPOILER Below

Not really a spoiler, but I can't let it go unsaid that there were no filtered cigarettes in 1943; the first filtered cigarettes appeared in the early 50's. Okay, I am an anal retentive nitpicker.

salmo
03-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Not the type movie normally allowed to be posted here, but there is always room or the occasional rare exception. I agree this is quite a remarkable 3-minute movie.

Thankyou Doolittle. The above movie was posted because I thought it was an excellent example to movie-makers on how to use visual images to convey the story message in their sim-movies. IMHO this falls within the scope of learning about aspects of cinematography.

To quote Doolittle:
"In addition to being a theater for viewing COD Movies and Videos, this sub-forum will also provide the opportunity for individuals new to Movie-making and Video-making to learn capture techniques, software tools, aspects of cinematography, post-processing editing concepts, application of Special FX and Sound FX, creation of sound and movie tracks. "

"While there are no formal definitions or rules, I’d like to suggest that the term “Movies” be used for those ‘creations’ which tell a “Story” of some sort, and/or convey a "Message" to the viewer."

DoolittleRaider
03-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Thankyou Doolittle. The above movie was posted because I thought it was an excellent example to movie-makers on how to use visual images to convey the story message in their sim-movies. IMHO this falls within the scope of learning about aspects of cinematography.

I agree. I hadn't thought of it, but you are quite correct that the movie's ability to convey a Story with no dialogue, only visuals, does parallel the challenge facing Flight Sim movie-makers. It also serves to prove that one can , in fact, tell an emotional, engaging, and moving Story in just Three Minutes.

Thanks for the contribution.