PDA

View Full Version : Warthog Throttle not working properly

Kupsised
03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi all!

I just managed to get my grubby paws on a Warthog, but for some reason the throttle won't work properly in CloD. When I open up the Axes menu and assign it to something it works, but for some reason it doesn't go past 0% until I give about 30% input on the throttle. Then it shoots up to 100% (which inputted is probably actually about 70%). The problem is that I know it's CloD because on the 'In' and 'Out' bars beneath the throttle the 'In' bar is behaving as it should, but the 'Out' bar doesn't move except between 30% and 70%. I haven't changed any of the sliders where you can change what 100% or 0% is etc., no dead zones or anything and it works fine in everything else...

Can anyone help? I'm pretty annoyed about this since I spent the whole day like a child at Christmas setting up all the buttons etc. only to find this problem with something as basic as the throttle and I just can't for the life of me figure out a fix.

Kupsised
03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Nevermind, problem solved. After fiddling around a bit I realised it had automatically set the 100% bar to the far left. I'd assumed that meant it was 0% less than 100%, but apparently not.

Flanker35M
03-17-2012, 06:06 AM
S!

Seems my Warthog Throttle went haywire :( The right throttle lever acts up when moving it..does not go full and at the same time the micro stick cursor jumps around. Time for warranty I guess or could just open the throttle and check the wires...

Skoshi Tiger
03-17-2012, 09:41 AM
S!

Seems my Warthog Throttle went haywire :( The right throttle lever acts up when moving it..does not go full and at the same time the micro stick cursor jumps around. Time for warranty I guess or could just open the throttle and check the wires...

I know it is hard but RESIST the tempation!

Have you got the lastest bios? the update procedure using the provided tools is quite straight forward.

Also I had an initial issue with my throttle where I thought I had bricked it. I sent an email to the thrustmaster support and after a bit of information exchange they sent me a calibration utility that got my throttle working again.

They are very helpful, though time zone issues caused a few delays for me.

Hope it all goes well, They are a great throttle.

Flanker35M
03-17-2012, 10:51 AM
S!

Yeah, I just took a peek how it looked. Wires seemed OK, but you never know if not dismantling the thing. Gonna try to contact support, thanks for the tip!

ParaB
03-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Had the same problem some time ago, sent it in to the dealer and got a replacement within a week or so.

Flanker35M
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM
S!

Will pick the stick apart as the local dealer only applies local rules on guarantee :( Seems to be a wire or something as the stick movement causes some other buttons to react etc.

mxmadman
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Make sure these inconsistencies are happening outside of Clod as well. You want to atleast be sure its a hardware problem and not in the game before you get the soldering iron out. If the calibration menu shows every button and axis working as intended, you've eliminated that possibility.

If the calibration works fine, I would make sure clod recognizes the axis as it should and then make sure no other buttons are assigned to iit in clod. Clod allows multiple assignments for one buttonand that would cause the problem you're experiencing.

If you can see a pattern (I.e. stick forward = toggle mirror everytime) then you can narrow it down to that one key assignment.

Good luck and let us know if your stick works fine in other sims/calibration.

Edit: I'm focusing on the software side because if its the hardware I wouldn't be able to provide any tips at all =/ here's hoping its software.

Flanker35M
04-11-2012, 06:02 AM
S!

It is hardware as calibration shows erratic movement ie. the input jumps from full to low,smoothly moving the axe also makes microstick to react etc. Last resort to call the company and ask if they would change the throttle. Really annoying :-(

mxmadman
04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
S!

It is hardware as calibration shows erratic movement ie. the input jumps from full to low,smoothly moving the axe also makes microstick to react etc. Last resort to call the company and ask if they would change the throttle. Really annoying :-(

Aww that's too bad. Make sure you don't void the warranty before calling! Good luck.

Flanker35M
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
S!

Did call, can send back the unit for free or go to their nearest dealer personally. I guess they just slap me a new package and send the old one to the factory. And this just under release of the patch! AARGH! :D