PDA

View Full Version : ch Fighter stick + Throttle

razor119922
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I just bought a ch fighter stick and throttle to with it, and I cant get it to work correctly for the life of me. I downloaded the profile made for it after doing a google search and reading some threads. But when i go ingame it seems to think the throttle is the joystick?

razor119922
02-23-2012, 11:14 AM
is someone able to send me their profile so i can see if that works

SlipBall
02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Did you install the control manager software?

razor119922
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Yes, I downloaded the raven profile uploaded on ch-hanger. When i load it in the manager then launch the game the throttle seems to over take the joystick. pitch and roll go to the mini stick on the throttle

SlipBall
02-23-2012, 12:09 PM
When you opened the manager did you press the download button to CM control center?

razor119922
02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
No I didnt, what does that do exactly

SlipBall
02-23-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok then, open the control manager and open the control center. Load that .map you have/select "direct" mode on the tool bar/select "calibrate" on the tool bar/calibrate your equipment/select "mapped mode" on the toolbar/press download...windows will then load the drivers:grin:

Crunch_
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
You are going to have to go into IL2 ClOD itself to assign to correct axis i.e. stick to elevator and aileron etc.

Il2 might automatically attempt to map them, but as you noticed, it may not get it right.

ATAG_Snapper
02-23-2012, 04:44 PM
You are going to have to go into IL2 ClOD itself to assign to correct axis i.e. stick to elevator and aileron etc.

Il2 might automatically attempt to map them, but as you noticed, it may not get it right.

+1

CoD seems to "remember" my different throttle and joystick axis on my HOTAS, but frequently mixes up the axis assignments on my CH Pedals and CH Quadrant -- usually after a PC reboot. It's a slight nuisance, but I've gotten used to quickly going into the ingame Options/Controls/Axis GUI to quickly reassign these errant axis. It literally takes me 30 seconds to run through each one and hit "Apply" before returning to the game. Very strange.

SlipBall
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM

That's a given:-P

+1

CoD seems to "remember" my different throttle and joystick axis on my HOTAS, but frequently mixes up the axis assignments on my CH Pedals and CH Quadrant -- usually after a PC reboot. It's a slight nuisance, but I've gotten used to quickly going into the ingame Options/Controls/Axis GUI to quickly reassign these errant axis. It literally takes me 30 seconds to run through each one and hit "Apply" before returning to the game. Very strange.

I think Steam cloud has something to do with that:)

ATAG_Snapper
02-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Ahhh, that must be it. CoD is the first Steam game/sim I've had, so there's another life's mystery solved. Thanks, SB!