PDA

View Full Version : Serious Control Problems

joecajun
02-16-2012, 02:33 AM
I am having serious control problems with CloD.

First, have tried mapping keys to views but they do not work at all. For example, mapped F2 to external view. When in play press F2 and get no change in view (I remain in the cockpit). This occurs with all keys mapped to views. Have tried numerous different keys & combinations but nothing works.

Second, almost everytime I restart CloD the joystick configuration has changed. On my system I am currently using Saitek yoke, ruffer pedals & 2 throttle quads. Also, have 2 GoFlight modules (GF166A Nav/Com & GF-LGT) & also have some Bodnar BU0836X's attached for various functions.

The 2 GoFlight modules are not recognized at all.

The Bodnar BU0836X's are recognized and function correctly. The Saitek products are also recognized and function properly.

The problem is that everytime I restart Clod the joysticks seem to have renamed themselves. For example, the yoke come up as joystick 2 on first start. I configure it (usually several times) & then it seems to work. I close Clod & restart it, yoke is now joystick 3 which may have been a throttle quad before. Result is I have to reconfigure controls everytime I start up. Very time consuming.

Has anyone had similar problems that they have been able to overcome?

Any & all help appreciated.

Thank you.

David198502
02-16-2012, 03:04 AM
propably you have to set the right difficulty settings in the realism section, to enable outside(3rd person) view.
for the changing joystick configuration, try to save a profile after you have set up your stick.click the save as button, in the menu, and call the profile whatever you want.it will then be safed in the 1c softclub folder.
when you then start clod again, and have your joystick settings again confused, you should be able to just load your saved profile without problem, and therefore you dont have to configure it every time you start the game.
although it sounds strange that the settings get overwritten every time you launch the game....you could also try to disable steam cloud synchronisation in the steam settings for your game, maybe this helps that your settings remain.

hope this helps.

joecajun
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
thank you for the reply.

actually, i probably have the realism setting set wrong. i have them set for max realism. probably need to turn them down some.

will try saving the profile.

thank you

von Brühl
02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Also, if you change the ports you are plugging the joysticks into, or leaving some unplugged when you load in, then windows will automatically rename the joystick based on available hardware at the time.

For example, I leave my trackir, pedals, and X-52 plugged in 100% of the time, but if I introduce my Xbox 360 controller to play say... Skyrim, and forget to unplug it. Then windows calls it Joystick 1, and my X-52 gets renamed, and down the line. All the axis settings in CoD refer back to the original configuration (with no 360 controller) so everything is messed up. CoD can't tell when hardware's been changed, it simply looks for X-axis on Joystick 1.

If I move my computer, I have to figure out which USB port each item goes into, otherwise, again, windows renames them and I have to go through the hassle of resetting the controls in CoD.

JG52Uther
02-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I plug in my saitek throttle quad and CH fighterstick before I turn the computer on, and take them out after I turn off. Not had a problem with messed up assignments yet.

335th_GRAthos
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
You did not mention what kind of OS you have...

I presume XP.
I do not remember XPs limitation on the number of joystics allowed at the same time. pls check.

I had this problem once ot twice during the past ten years. I started my computer and some joystics were not connected or unpowered. After that the Joystick numbering went completely off sinc.
So, make sure you always start your PC with all joystics connected and all of them powered up (if they need external power).
If you restart your PC a couple of times, the order of the joystics should be stable.

THERE IS one case where, on old motherboards (five years and older) connecting too many USB will go beyond the total max allowable current the USB ports can deliver. Then you start experiencing erratic behaviour.
Normally this should not be the case with joysticks since most have external power source.´However, I experienced this personaly so I share my point. I solved my problem by buying a PCI USB card. Put it inside my case, connected two troublesome joysticks (one was my Saitek X45) and my problems were solved.

Good luck!

~S~