PDA

View Full Version : Constant gaining altitude at idle position of Logitech extreme 3d pro problem...

cronustr
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I have calibrated my Logitech 3d pro, at Windows. I have no problem with il2 1946 but at COD, when I release the joystick at idle position whatever the model is the plane nose rises and gains altitude.

I've set the sensitivity and lowered, aiming is now easier but to fly straight without gaining altitute, I have to move forward the stick and keep it there for all the flight.

What is the setting or settings that I can fly my plane straight? Am I doing something wrong?

Fredfetish
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi, I've applied the self centring in the profiler config... seems to help

bw_wolverine
02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I have calibrated my Logitech 3d pro, at Windows. I have no problem with il2 1946 but at COD, when I release the joystick at idle position whatever the model is the plane nose rises and gains altitude.

I've set the sensitivity and lowered, aiming is now easier but to fly straight without gaining altitute, I have to move forward the stick and keep it there for all the flight.

What is the setting or settings that I can fly my plane straight? Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like you're not trimming the aircraft properly. Are you setting elevator trim?

ATAG_Snapper
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
As Wolverine has said above, you need to adjust your elevator trim. Speaking only for the Spitfire and Hurricane (all marks), expect to trim both elevator and rudder trim frequently. This is simulated accurately in Cliffs of Dover - it was a necessary chore that all the Spit and Hurri pilots had to do with any change in engine settings (including throttle, pitch, and radiator settings), and change in control inputs (climbing, diving, turning, etc). Even adjusting one trim usually changes the flight dynamics of your aircraft enough that the OTHER trim has to be adjusted to maintain your desired flight attitude.

A hassle? You bet! But an accurately-simulated hassle.

Best to assign keyboard keys that are handy to you so you can adjust your trim without needing to take your eyes off the screen. Better yet, if you have a joystick hat available, use THAT to assign your elevator and rudder trims to. (Hey, great excuse to get TrackIR 5 to free up the hatswitch for you!). I actually use a CH Quadrant to use two of its levers to handle trim duties -- very, very precise in its adjustments.

You'll find that the constant trim adjusting quickly makes you a "trim expert" in no time. Not only do you relieve the annoying strain of applying constant pressure on your joystick to maintain a steady course, but trimming your aircraft makes it more aerodynamically streamlined, gaining you a few more precious mph when you are either pursuing or escaping an enemy aircraft.

Hope this helps!

cronustr
02-22-2012, 08:18 AM
At the options, controls, I've assigned one of my joystick buttons to elevator trim but it does not seem to work.

I mean, what is the logic of doing that? Is there any video or something that describes?

JG26_EZ
02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
If you only set one button for trim, it must be a slider (so that you can move
your trim, up or down). Otherwise, you need to look for elevator up, AND
elevator down (two different buttons).

Remember that trim is a very fine adjustment which you're probably not going
to notice if you hit just once either. Try getting yourself flying as level as
possible, and then start messing with your trim to see what happens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/JG26_EZ/Trimtab1.jpg