PDA

View Full Version : x52 (non pro) Joystick problems

Poypoy
02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello All,

New to this forum, I ve a x52 controller had it 3yrs now it s been great apart from having to change the ps2 cable a couple of times. Anyway my problem is the joystick has stopped working, but the lights are on, so i opened it up and checked the connections and it appears that the connector plug appears to have pulled the pin from the board and worked loose, i either can solder it (but may find other problems) or get another board the code on the board is E154355, i m stumped on where i can get another board, or purchase a second/used one but i can t find a second hand one in the UK).......

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks

Poypoy

SEE
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
There are no spare parts available unfortunately. If the problem is indeed the PCB connector then you will have to try and repair it. Alternatively, leave it alone and sell it on Ebay as spares or repair and put the money towards a replacement.

BTW, if you are referring to the main PCB in the throttle housing then be aware that you will also need to remove the Multi Function Display and adjacent Switch PCB as a complete assembly in order to access the solder side.

Poypoy
02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
There are no spare parts available unfortunately. If the problem is indeed the PCB connector then you will have to try and repair it. Alternatively, leave it alone and sell it on Ebay as spares or repair and put the money towards a replacement.

BTW, if you are referring to the main PCB in the throttle housing then be aware that you will also need to remove the Multi Function Display and adjacent Switch PCB as a complete assembly in order to access the solder side.

Great, thanks for the reply. Its the PCB in the joystick not the throttle by the looks of it i need a high temp soldering iron and some solder to bridge the broken circuit and see if i can buy the white plug to solder on (which was missing when i got the product).

SEE
02-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Which PCB in the flight stick yoke module do you need? I have two X52's that have been stripped down for spares but I need to know exactly which PCB you need as there are three-

the Serial in/out pcb

the main pcb in the yoke base

the PCB in the yoke handle which also has the processor on it.