PDA

View Full Version : Zoom FOV Options

Crunch_
02-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello,
There is the option to map a key to different FOV levels, insert, delete, etc.

You can also click the middle mouse button, then hold down the right mouse button while moving the mouse along the Y-Axis to zoom the FOV smoothly.

Is there a way to map zooming the FOV on a key or joystick button smoothly like the mouse option?

Thanks

recoilfx
02-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I use xpadder to map my pov buttons to smoothly zoom. It does cost money to buy though.

Crunch_
02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi Recoilfx, what keyboard presses are you using? What game function do you map to get the zoom to a keyboard key? Thanks

kestrel79
02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
What I have done and works well was something recommended to me by someone from these boards. I use my slider on my x52 pro throttle. I use it in the bands configuration, I think I have 7 of them setup because I was running into the problem of the software acting like I had the key pressed down the entire time.

Crunch_
02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks, but I have no slider on my CH gear. Looking to map a smooth zoom for FOV to a keyboard key that I can then map to my joystick hat.

The CH software can send keyboard presses. I just don't see a command in IL2 COD to zoom smoothly through FOV by a key press.

recoilfx
02-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I have xpadder to emulate a mouse button press plus mouse movement.

Crunch_
02-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks. I believe the CH software can emulate a mouse axis as well. Was just hoping it was somewhere in the key assignments in COD. Would be a good idea for the Devs. Works well in other sims.

Dano
02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
This is something that really needs to be added, we should not have to resort to third party software for such a basic function.

David198502
02-08-2012, 03:02 AM
hey crunch!
there is a software called joytokey where you can really easy achieve what you are looking for, and its for free.just google it.
or if you have a ch stick, the ch software is capable of doing this as well, therefore you wouldnt have to download another program on your rig.
a while back, when i had the same question, i asked over at ch hangar, and bob church wrote for me a little script, which made my hatswitch of the fighterstick to emulate the mouse axis.
here's the link to the thread i opened back then....
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?8035-is-it-possible-to-connect-a-button-of-the-fighterstick-with-the-mouse-movement

Crunch_
02-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Very cool. Thanks David. Bob from CH is the man! He will write any script you ask. Even one to make toast I bet :)

Nephris
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I use my slider on my x52 pro throttle.
@Kestrel
Could you explain plz how you mapped it on the slider?