PDA

View Full Version : How to droid no loss?

lochrist
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi guys,

I am a totally noob on this game. I read a lot of threads on no-loss strategies and especially no-loss droids strategy and how it is so easy to pull off... but I cannot seem to understand how to pull it off (sad is it...).

I am a level 11 Warrior on normal. I have around 3000 leadership and 16 mana (which is good for 2 stacks of 18 repair droids and 22 guard droids).

My problem:
- I don't have enough mana to get Stone skin on every one at all time.
- When I start reparing my droids, other droids get hits.
- When battling armies without archer, if I try to keep a small ennemy stack and wait to repair my droids, the ennemy stack attacks me and is killed by counter attack (I usually don't have enough mana to Fear this stack).

So I need to understand the pattern on how to battle with these droids. Should I always keep themselves near from each other so they can easily be repaired?

which units should I keep in the other 2 slots of my army. I have only one green dragon...

Also another totally noob question: there are a lot of red potion in the ocean. I cannot seem to grab them when passing by with my ship. Is there a secret shortcut I don't know to get them?

Thanks a lot,

Sebastien

Fatt_Shade
01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
First split repair droids in stacks, and kick guard droids in enemy lines to tank (when battling magic units this is important because their melee dmg is physical and guard droid negative magic resistance wont matter).
Stone skin on them guards, repair droids are in back attacking from range but close enough for repair (4 moves afar is enough). Leave repair for critical move, when enemy kills more then 40% of stack, everything else is waste of repairing.
Magic spring/stone skin/target spells are essential for this, investing runes in chaos magic was mistake, but doesnt matter, jut dont get 2/3 lvl no need. Your goal is distortion 3 lvl, and order magis, chaos no need to waste runes at all warrior doesnt dmg with spells (that is for pansy ass mages :-P ). When you cast target on guard droids, repair`s are safe from enemy to range attack, or dig chests(for medal) or collecting mana/rage charges from pet dragon. Also you need some more mana pool man 16 is to low.
For more info about no loss droids read posts #6 #8 #9 here (rest of tread is interesting, but those posts are enough for you to see how battles should go, skills to take and what are best items for this playthrough)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19361
As for rest of your units try leading 2x archmages and keep casting magic shield on each other or on guard droids for guardian medal but make sure that target is on guard droids so archmages stay alive. Other option is to take 2x1 inquisitor and place trap medal in front of them walk with 1 on trap, revive with other and then suicide other and revive with first, also try using guard droid ability to pull enemy units on traps.
And those red potions in ocean i have no idea what you talk about man, can you take screenshot and post here ?
Have fun :-)

lochrist
01-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Woa. Looks like my build is a bit wrong (wrong investment in runes, not enough mana). I guess I will restart from scratch and try to do a better job.

I haven't stumble accross Target spell or magic spring. Are those spells only avalaible if you have the required level of magic? Or are they available on some spcific island? Currently I only have access to Scarlet, Bolo, Rusty and Debir.

Thanks for the thorough answer!

Fatt_Shade
01-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Did you try playing Crossworlds ? It`s interesting, and droid build is also available, but many other things but your choice anyway :-)
As for target spell it`s random as all other things in this game, i played 1 time with no stone skin until Shetera, other game with no red dragons at all . . .
So before finding target keep stone skin/magic spring and if possible try using archamges for magic shield for medal, it will help you later in game.
Good luck :-)

lochrist
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
I am playing the Ocs campaign in Crossworlds. Which is if I understand correctly the same campaign as Armored princess but with some new added content.

I haven't found any archmage yet. And I haven't found the Magic Spring spell. Also I am not able to kite most of the "inmovable guardians" keeping navigation charts. I guess I need to polish my kiting skills!

Thanks for your answers.

Fatt_Shade
01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Ah OK , i thought you play regular AP since this is in AP part of forum, not CW :-)
As for archmages they should be for sure in shop scarlet wind, little island across of castle guarded by relatively weak undead skeletons and archers, i found archmages there every time i played game.
Finding spells is never sure, just hope for luck :-) And did you check wizard tower on debir ? You get free spell scrolls there in every lvl of tower, but unlike units you can take there for fight scrolls stay in your spellbook after you leave tower and they are free just depend of your spellbook capacity. Try passing at least 1 lvl there to check spells available on 2nd lvl, maybe you get lucky (pass guardian no matter losses just go check spells in shops).
And in almost all my games i found verona map on scarlet wind behind guardian where richard the cruel patrol, so after clearing enemy you can on those islands try kiting only that guardian and again hope for verona map :-)
On side note, try finding somewhere list of usable items in game, expl : amulet of illumination quest items you get in bolo underground, right click it before returning it to the debir temple for 2nd stone. This way you get free 50 leadership.
Antidote potion you find in elon for tortuga tavern quest in rusty anchor, use it and get free 5 mana, etc there are lots of this items in game (at least 20) and nice free rewards from them but i can remember them all :-(

Razorflame
01-31-2012, 01:03 PM
you don't need any man or rage with droids(well having it i always better)

but

the trick to win no loss with droids is

1 guard droid

2 stacks of repair droids

now do the battle as u normally would

but LET 1 stack of ANY KIND be alive with LESS than 10 UNITS)

then just wait and wait until u can repair

the damage of 1 stack will be so little then u can easily repair it in 1 turn
or the damage is so low that i cannot kill 1 unit of the droids

just make sure 1 stack is alive with 10 or less UNITS

if there are only melee types make sure u let the SLOWEST stack be alive so u can just move away from the bugger everytime it moves so it can never hit u

for rage use the weakest damage dealer alive with less than 10
same goes for magic

by utilizing the repair skill of the repair droids u will always have a no loss game