PDA

View Full Version : Rear Gunner/Bomber Gunner help

kestrel79
01-27-2012, 04:02 PM
What controls do I need to map to my keyboard to be able to aim and fire the the rear gun in the 110 and bombers?

I would like to be able to control the gun with my mouse like in IL2. Right now Left mouse fires, but I cannot move the gun. Do I have to move it into "firing position" first? I know rear gunner is more complex in CloD than IL2 there must be something I'm missing.

ATAG_MajorBorris
01-27-2012, 05:40 PM
What controls do I need to map to my keyboard to be able to aim and fire the the rear gun in the 110 and bombers?

I would like to be able to control the gun with my mouse like in IL2. Right now Left mouse fires, but I cannot move the gun. Do I have to move it into "firing position" first? I know rear gunner is more complex in CloD than IL2 there must be something I'm missing.

Hi kestrel79, I hope this helps.

1) There is a conflict with the left mouse. Go to the "CAMERA" category and highlite the "hold to offset camera" then delete the left mouse function.

2) In the "CAMERA" category create a button for "toggle independent mode" This gets rid of the cursor.

3) In the "VIEW" category you need to have a button for "Lean To Gunsight"

4) In the "TURRET" category some aircraft need to change the turret position(110 for instance) so set a button for "firing position " and "cruise position" others may need to move the turret for full function(Ju 87 for instance).

5) In the "VIEW" category, at the least you will need to set a button for"next manned position"

6) In the "GENERAL" category set Left Mouse for the "fire current weapon" function.

Reload is now auto in my Ju88 not sure about the rest.

Now lets give those fighters hell!

Blackdog_kt
01-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Also, map some keys to move the gun position around. In some aircraft the actual gun has a small firing arc, but you can move the entire mounting assembly around to get another angle.

This is how it's done in the Blenheim's turret, the Stuka rear gun and the top gun turret of the He-111: mouse moves the gun, the other keys you map move the turret left/right.

1) There is a conflict with the left mouse. Go to the "CAMERA" category and highlite the "hold to offset camera" then delete the left mouse function.

So, this allows you to fire the gun with the mouse button and move the gun with the mouse simultaneously? Nice, very useful find.

kestrel79
02-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Okay I have the controls setup...it works now but WOW is it hard! I think I'm better off just letting my sniper computer gunner handle the gunning.

First of all the mouse is inverted, which is the opposite that IL2 was. Secondly the when you aim the gun left and right your crosshairs don't stay centered in the screen making it next to impossible to aim accurately unless he's right on your six. The turrets move very slow and controls seem clunky.

Maybe this is more realistic, as the manual says ww2 gunners weren't very accurate and they tried to simulate that. I have much more respect for real bomber gunners now after trying this out.

It's a shame to not see your gunner's hands when firing/reloading, that would be really cool. Also some of the gunner stations have very low res textures, looks almost not finished.