View Full Version : Ju-88A-I

checkmysix
01-26-2012, 05:23 PM
B3+DR "Totenkopf" of KG54 France 1940.
[Spare Unit Aircraft also incuded and Readme file.]

Uncheck "Markings" in Mission Builder.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/obergren/B3DR_KG54.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/obergren/B3DR_KG542.jpg

This is an Un- Official Skin so BE AWARE THAT YOU MAY BE BANNED IF THIS IS USED ONLINE

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?ljwad2a52y2bgwr

Regards
Keith;)

5./JG27.Farber
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Why will you be banned? Is it not a historical skin?

priller26
01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Very nice!!

priller26
01-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Why will you be banned? Is it not a historical skin?

It is a historical skin, however some people have a big issue with that funny twisted cross on the tail surface. You can't even buy some models that have the decals correct, people are way to sensitive.

aelius
01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
...You can't even buy some models that have the decals correct, people are way to sensitive.

Beautiful screenshots, checkmysix!

I do not agree, though, that a person's response to the swastika should be dismissed as too sensitive. It is we who use it who should not be insensitive to their experience.

ATAG_MajorBorris
01-27-2012, 03:46 AM
Most people who fly ww2 flight sims are mature enough to treat the historic skins/subject matter with respect to all.

LcSummers
01-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Thanks for another nice skin

Cool to have a new J88 skin:-P

LC

checkmysix
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys
:confused:
Didnt mean to stir up a Hornets Nest I was just added
this Warning as cautionary Measure as the Ju88 does Not By Default come with a Generic Skin so unofficial skins other than those supplied with the game are deemed un-acceptable by Steam to be used Online and may result in a VAC Ban[Valve Anti Cheat].
However an official skin can be used in any way,even with a Swastika[I think]
but any should be O.K Offline.
If uncertain check with Senior Moderators for exact Rules.
The choice is yours I just felt it was right to advise on the risks of using an un-official Skin Online
Cheers
Keith:grin:

priller26
01-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Guys
:confused:
Didnt mean to stir up a Hornets Nest I was just added
this Warning as cautionary Measure as the Ju88 does Not By Default come with a Generic Skin so unofficial skins other than those supplied with the game are deemed un-acceptable by Steam to be used Online and may result in a VAC Ban[Valve Anti Cheat].
However an official skin can be used in any way,even with a Swastika[I think]
but any should be O.K Offline.
If uncertain check with Senior Moderators for exact Rules.
The choice is yours I just felt it was right to advise on the risks of using an un-official Skin Online
Cheers
Keith:grin:

Keith, its a great skin and you did a wonderful job. Its historically accurate, as it should be. I doubt there are many 70-90 year old simmers who lived through the conflict that are playing the game. We all need to respect peoples points of view. I just don't believe in dumbing down history because some might get offended. Books, reference materials, etc, are full of period photographs showing swastikas and german tactical emblems which some might find offensive, I just don't believe we can structure the world or history so that no one ever gets hurt feelings.

checkmysix
01-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Beautiful screenshots, checkmysix!

I do not agree, though, that a person's response to the swastika should be dismissed as too sensitive. It is we who use it who should not be insensitive to their experience.

Thanks a lot aelius
Coming from an excellent Skinner like yourself means a lot:grin:
I include the Swastika because Its for Historical accuracy and is in not meant to Offend in any Way, and aelius is dead right,equally we should accept that some people may take offence.
Cheers
Keith;)

checkmysix
01-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Keith, its a great skin and you did a wonderful job. Its historically accurate, as it should be. I doubt there are many 70-90 year old simmers who lived through the conflict that are playing the game. We all need to respect peoples points of view. I just don't believe in dumbing down history because some might get offended. Books, reference materials, etc, are full of period photographs showing swastikas and german tactical emblems which some might find offensive, I just don't believe we can structure the world or history so that no one ever gets hurt feelings.

Hi priller26
Thanks a lot buddy Glad you like it.:grin:
Its a piece of History and as you say we cant paint over it because it may offend,we are not putting these symbols here on Purpose to upset people
this is purely for Historical accuracy and to be honest 90% of People will view it in that context.
There is to much Political Correctness lately and even people immediatly effected by this Regime are Sensible enough to know that any portrayal of that period in History has to be done 100% correct "Warts and All" in fact they would probably insist on it.
Regards
Keith;)

checkmysix
01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
4D+DC of II/KG30...Summer 1940.
[Spare Unit Aircraft also incuded and Readme file.]

Uncheck "Markings" in Mission Builder.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/obergren/4DDC_IIKG30.jpg

This is an Un- Official Skin so BE AWARE THAT YOU MAY BE BANNED IF THIS IS USED ONLINE

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?0a6bqraa74k6j24

Regards
Keith;)

LcSummers
01-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Keith,

your doing a great job on these Ju88. Here i can find the best skins.

Thanks and let ´em fly