PDA

View Full Version : x52 SST software issue keeps scrolling down

kestrel79
01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Help!

Any time I activate my x52's Cliffs of Dover profile, it randomly will make all menus scroll all the way to the bottom and it's impossible to scroll back up. The only way to make this stop is to unplug the stick. Then it's fine again....sometime in the profile is making everything keep scrolling...any ideas?

This all started when I tried to make the "clutch" button a regular button, as I had no idea what it did in the first place. Could that have something to do with it or is it a coincidence?

Please help thanks! Hopefully this will all stop when I get my new x52 pro in a few days

SEE
01-16-2012, 09:39 AM
First, I use the Clutch Button as a regular button so that isn't the problem.

You need to test the CloD profile.

This scrolling problem sounds like you have set one of the buttons or axis to a keystroke and have enabled the 'latched' option for that button. From what you say, scrolling happens when you load the profile but does it still happen when you select 'clear profile' from the Saitak menu (rather than unplugging the Stick)?

A few other tips -

Check you have installed the Win7 64 bit drivers and SST software - you will need to update the driver anyway for a Pro version X52.

You can see what the stick and the profile is doing regards key assignments in the SST software by clicking on the 'test profile' icon (looks like a gear - top right of SST menu). Press, each key and check if one particular key is repeating. You may even have a sticking key.

In the Control Panel check that the thumb mouse is centred - some sticks develop a fault with the mouse - it loses calibration causing the cursor to continually move.

Dont assign keyboard strokes to rotaries or sliders.

CloD uses identical key assignments for a whole bunch of in game commands - clear all commands that you don't use (e.g. if you use track IR clear all the keystrokes for the multitude of POV's) or assign a different keystroke for any that are the same that you want to use.

kestrel79
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks See!

I think that's my problem, the latched thing. What does that do? I remember when I was making my profile I may have clicked a few buttons as "latched". That may be the problem I'll test the profile.

How do you make the clutch button an actual button? I don't think I did it right as I get a windows "ping" noise sometimes when I press it.

I did clear all the view commands out and excess key commands when I made my profile, I'm anal like that when it comes to setting stuff up :) I use a TrackIR 5 anyways so I don't need all those views anyways.

I do have the latest SST software downloaded. I'm sure I'll figure this out it's something I did by accident as my other flight sim x52 profiles work fine. I messed up the CloD ones though somewhere.

SEE
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I had no end of problems assigning latch to buttons - CloD goes unstable with rapid repeat key pressing - which is what assigning the latch function to a button does. Unlatch any buttons that are ticked as latched in SST.

To have the 'clutch' button act as a normal button you need to:-

a) open the 'control panel' option (click the Saitek icon in the task bar) window.

b) go to the MFD Tab and at the bottom uncheck 'enable clutch mode'.

Clutch mode simply disengages all buttons while the Clutch button is pressed so that you can seee what functions you have assigned to a button in the display panel - assuming you have named them that is. Unchecking the box will make the clutch button a standard button that you can use for something more useful.

kestrel79
01-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Okay I tested my profile and yes there's a key that keeps repeating over and over, except I have no idea what key it is. In the Saitek profiler it's referred to as the "next" key. It just says nextnextnext over and over so whatever key this is it's getting pressed down. I went through all my keys and didn't see anything checked as "latched" either. But something must be latched hmm...

SEE
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
'Next' is the Pg Dwn key and one of the commands used by CloD - you may have it assigned to a rotary, slider, Thumb Mouse axis, the mode switch, etc rather than just a conventional button/trigger switch.

Try re-making the profile for CoD and delete the existing one. Make a note of what function (in the controls menu) 'Pg Dn' is currently assigned to and which Stick button you will assign it to if you need to use it.

Check in the Control panel that all functions, buttons are working correctly and that one isn't sticking.

kestrel79
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Page Down key is assigned to one of the FOV settings I think, which is on the throttle slider. I bet that's what's making it go crazy.

Flying H
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
It can be the mousewheel, if you haven´t assigned it at all it will repeat whatever is default! This problem was extreamly pronounced and annoying in LOMAC! Go to Saitek forum http://www.saitekforum.com/index.php? and ask there or search an answer. They are usually VERY helpful over there!

kestrel79
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Okay guys it's for sure the precision slider. I have used that for 3 stages of views since IL2, but I must of set it up wrong when I made my own profile a while back.

I moved the 3 view keys from being delete, end, pagedown, to now being 1,2,3 keys. This has fixed the scroll down issue but creates a new one. Now when I want to type in the chatbox in game it just goes "333333333333333333333333". Not good.

I must of set the slider wrong. It is reading right now like it is always being pressed even when not being moved. I have it setup in 3 bands right now. 0-33%, 34-66%, 66-100%. Is there a way to set it up so when it's not moved it doesn't read like it's already being pressed?

SEE
01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
I couldn't overcome that problem with key assigned to a band of the axis - it kept repeating, sometimes crashing the game.

I use the X52 thumb mouse to change POV (similar to the zoom effect in IL1946) by holding the pinkie switch down. In the controls menu you simply assign a keyboard stroke instead of the default 'Mouse 5' then assign that keystroke to the pinkie switch in SST. You could also use the latch facility on the Pinkie trigger so that you only have to press it once to enable the Thumb mouse to control the POV.

I was suprised at how easily I got used to holding the pinkie switch down with my little finger and using the thumb mouse.

Try it.....works well for me!

Flying H
01-18-2012, 09:24 PM
When you make bands make 5 of them, 0 - 20, 21 - 35, 36 - 55, 56 - 70, 71 - 100% don´t assign anything to the 21 - 35 and 56 - 70% bands and use them as "restingplace". you need to find the spots where no signal is sent in order to keep the game from being overloaded with commands and evetually chrash! I thik though using the slider for that pupose, I´d suggest you use the musewheel to zoom in and out, that way you can always pick the desired FOV by scrolling the wheel! I use PGDN and PGUP on the wheel and haven´t had any problems ever! The slider I use for radiator settings! Do a test and make your own judgement!

kestrel79
01-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Good suggestions guys I'll give that a try.

Right now I have my elevator trim on the x52 mousewheel. I really like that. I'll test some stuff out when I finally get all my new controls setup.

My button box is still a few weeks away so I have some time to tinker with stuff.