PDA

View Full Version : G940: problems with special key assignments

III/JG53_Don
01-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Hey Guys
I got the G940 recently and in general I'm totally happy with it, but there is a problem with some special key assignments.

I use the Logitech Profiler and most of the assignments work just fine, but some - more precisely the key assignments with a continuous input when holding the button - seems not to work properly.
These are for example the keys for changing the compass course, looking at the instrument panel, bombing sight up/down, bomb alt up/down and so forth.
So basically all inputs which changes its value (or just be held) continuously by pressing the button/mousebutton the whole time.
I experiment a lot with the profiler (including the repeat function for the assignments, but this dont do the job either). Either the key doesn't work at all or its just like a continuous hysterical flipping back and forth. The program seems like it dont get it to just hold the button and therfore generate a continuous input.
When I assign a G940 button directly in the game with the named commands they work just fine when holding the button.
But since I want to use the 3 Modes on my HOTAS and especially the backflip as a shift-button, I cant do it directly in the game.

Hope you understand what I meant! ;-)
Anyone with the same problem or even a solution for it? Your help will be very much appreciated :-)

Ze-Jamz
01-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Can't help you with this mate.

I've gave up trying to use the profiler to map keyboard commands hence being able to use the mode button 1-2-3.

I just can't seem to get it to work whatever I try..

It shows me what I've done in the profiler graphic window but doesn't do shoot in game!

Not sure this is why your having issues?

Scarecrow
01-12-2012, 07:43 AM
In the Logi profiler enter the keystroke as a "new keystroke" rather than a "command". When entered as a command the profiler just plays the recorded keypress over and over again when you hold down the trigger for instance.
Also avoid using "commands" for modified keypresses i.e. CTRL_E, sometimes the modifier key release isn't registered.
Logiprofiler isn't to bad if you try and keep as many of your assignments as keystrokes rather then commands, it's just a shame you can't give the keystrokes a name to remind you of what they do:(

III/JG53_Don
01-12-2012, 09:58 AM
@ Ze-Jamz: Basically my stick is ready to fly with the profiler. I use every button in Mode 1 with a secondary function und Mode 2 for the general bombing functions. Therefore it works just finde with the exception of this few assignments. If it don't work with you, maybe I can help. If your assigned keys dont do the job in game, try to use your CoD profile as a "global profile" of your stick for example.

@Scarecrow: Thanks for your reply, this sounds reasonable allthough I always thought command would be the better option because of the possibility to title them etc. but would be quite the same in general. I have to try this :-)

Scarecrow
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I hope it solves the issue with held keystrokes, I ran into the same problem in FC2 when moving the SHKVAL with commands. The commands are what every other profiler software terms as macros.
CharlesB over at the Logitech forum said they had begun work on an entirely new profiler software but that was at the end of 2009. They got some well written critiques on their software and they did admit that it was lacking in alot of areas so hopefully they'll come back with something better this year.

III/JG53_Don
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
First of all, thanks Scarecrow, it works now perfectly fine :)
Too bad I made a huge list of commands which are now to 30% useless :D

Would be great if they still work on that but I doubt it honestly