PDA

View Full Version : My first movie

minvid
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I am very impressed what skilled movie makers can do with Cliffs of Dover.

So I tried it too - telling a small story about a bomber flight attacking a german airfield at the french channel coast. It is my first try without any knowledge and with poor software, but I wanted to test how it works.

After uploading at youtube I realized that the picture became too dark after compression. Bad luck.

The music is probably not everyone´s taste, but I liked it a little more aggressive than the usual classic themes with strings and trumpets. Sorry about that. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2i1d1lg17Y[/

checkmysix
01-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Excellent first attempt Mate
Well done.
Regards
Keith;)

jg27_mc
01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Excellent first attempt Mate
Well done.
Regards
Keith;)

+1

Regards.

TomcatViP
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
+1

SG1_Lud
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM
+1. keep them coming.

ps: poor devil that tail gunner...

minvid
01-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Also the one who jumps out of his plane without parachute... really scaring.

ATAG_Snapper
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Great movie! Your first attempt? You've got some real talent there. Although admittedly the music is not to my personal taste, it works really well here and sets up a lot of tension for the deadly business portrayed here.

Well done and look forward to seeing more!

Snapper

badfinger
01-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Excellent movie. I wish there was a way to have the ME pilot, after he lands, drive over to the Wellington crash site and meet the crew.:)

Agree, too bad about that tail gunner.

binky9

5./JG27.Farber
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Good stuff. Allot better than my first...

DoolittleRaider
01-12-2012, 08:07 PM
After uploading at youtube I realized that the picture became too dark after compression. Bad luck.

You might try running your original (AVI) through Virtual Dub and use the brightness/contrast filter to lighten it up, then re-upload to youtube.

Freycinet
01-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Super first effort, WAUW!

I kind of like the rough look of some of the sequences, it doesn't matter so much because there is a lot of energy in your movie.

I suggest you get yourself track ir, it is really cool, and will make the "looking-around-the-cockpit"-shots look more real.

You really have some great "camera work", i love a lot of those pans.

Keep at it and thanks for uploading!

DoolittleRaider
01-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Super first effort, WAUW!
I suggest you get yourself track ir, it is really cool, and will make the "looking-around-the-cockpit"-shots look more real.
...!

Good suggestion...TIR. Any manual panning in movies actually destroys all immersion...one immediately sees it and thinks about the mouse being moved.