PDA

View Full Version : problems getting msi afterburner to record

fruitbat
01-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Well i thought i'd give afterburner a try instead of FRAPS, but i cant get it to record while CLOD is running.

It works if i'm just recording the desktop for example, but as soon as clod is running, nothing.

I even tried starting it recording before starting the game, but when i looked back at the vid, it was black screen whilst actually in game.

Any ides anyone?

White Owl
01-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Afterburner always refuses to record any of the menu screens for me. It will only work if I start recording once the mission is already started. Oh, and it'll record the FMB too.

My usual routine is to first start my voice recording program. (Experimented with a few.) Next, launch the game. Start the mission. Hit pause as soon as the mission loads. Start Afterburner recording. Finally, un-pause and play the game.

fruitbat
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Afterburner always refuses to record any of the menu screens for me. It will only work if I start recording once the mission is already started. Oh, and it'll record the FMB too.

My usual routine is to first start my voice recording program. (Experimented with a few.) Next, launch the game. Start the mission. Hit pause as soon as the mission loads. Start Afterburner recording. Finally, un-pause and play the game.

Yeah, but thats not working, once the games running msi won't do anything:confused:

White Owl
01-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Okay, here's a thought just occurred to me. Maybe you need to add Dover's launcher.exe to Afterburner's list of applications. I should have thought of that before.

Open up the On-Screen Display app, not MSI's main app. In the lower left corner, click the big plus sign. That should open a window to navigate to Launcher.exe and add it to the list. I hope that helps.