PDA

View Full Version : Buttkicker

jayrc
01-02-2012, 01:39 AM
This is really cool, feel the stall buffet, guns, taking hits from enemy, wheels hitting the ground, rumble of the engine.

I just mounted it to the bottom rear of the seat, not sure on the wattage of the amp, looks pretty cheap though, speaker is a bose from the junk yard for 5 bucks, 400w power supply, heat sink, and some washers/bolts from Lowe's:grin:

katdogfizzow
01-02-2012, 04:02 AM
awesome

I use my subwoofer for similar effect

Continu0
01-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Nice. Such things are also available for Drumsets (to feel the Basedrum), if any1 is interested.

Are you Using the normal Sound-Output?

Qpassa
01-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I have read that it doesnt work fine.
Because it confuse the sound of the engine with the guns

jimbop
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
This is really cool, feel the stall buffet, guns, taking hits from enemy, wheels hitting the ground, rumble of the engine.

I just mounted it to the bottom rear of the seat, not sure on the wattage of the amp, looks pretty cheap though, speaker is a bose from the junk yard for 5 bucks, 400w power supply, heat sink, and some washers/bolts from Lowe's:grin:

Interesting - thanks for posting.

drewpee
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Very nice jayrc I like your style. I take it theres no cone in the speaker and the washers on the shaft add bulk for more shake. I pulled a old force-feedback joystick apart to mount on my chair and amplify feedback but I shorted something out so now its in a box in my shed some were.:(

Troll2k
01-02-2012, 01:18 PM
There are some commercial models.

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/index.htm

jayrc
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice. Such things are also available for Drumsets (to feel the Basedrum), if any1 is interested.

Are you Using the normal Sound-Output?

I use headphones out of the tv with a splitter:)

jayrc
01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I have read that it doesnt work fine.
Because it confuse the sound of the engine with the guns

yeah, the 109 doesn't work as well but the spitfire is awesome, you'll never stall a spit or hurricane again

jayrc
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Very nice jayrc I like your style. I take it theres no cone in the speaker and the washers on the shaft add bulk for more shake. I pulled a old force-feedback joystick apart to mount on my chair and amplify feedback but I shorted something out so now its in a box in my shed some were.:(

yep, cone is gone, I had to play with different amount of washers to get the most out of the little speaker, I experimented with a 12 inch sub with the cone cut and washers but I blew the bolt off the cone :grin:

p.s. you should really try again, it's so worth it