PDA

View Full Version : Weird trim response

ush
12-30-2011, 11:50 PM
I've assigned my three axes trim controls to the levers on a saitek throttle quadrant, problem is that if I adjust a slider slightly, the game just keeps the input going until the aircraft is fully trimmed to that side. It's like it reads the input as a button rather than an axis. Does axes input actually work for the trim controls?

tf_Logan
12-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes, just assign the trim to a lever in the axis screen, not the keyboard one.

ush
12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Yes, just assign the trim to a lever in the axis screen, not the keyboard one.

they are assigned in the axis screen unfortunately, the keyboard trim keys are cleared. :confused:

_79_dev
01-01-2012, 12:38 AM
It works for me if I assign it to the rotary pot under left thumb of x52... Slider never tried yet...

tf_Logan
01-01-2012, 04:50 AM
The problem is he is using a throttle quadrant not a x-52 throttle. And Yeah Ush you should be able to set up all three as an axis. Have you messed with the dead zones at all?(at the bottom) It sounds like the quad is working but the game isn't seeing it as a axis. Did you go into your control panel and calibrate the quad? I use the CH quad and I have not had that problem. I guess the saitek quad is about the same set up only 3 levers instead of 6. If I can think of anything else, I'll post it.

tf_Logan
01-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Either its not seeing it as a axis or it is but the quad sliders are out of whack. Try unplugging them,plugging them back in and calibrate it. That's all I got for now. Its New Years time for beer. S!

And 79 you still need that X-52?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28497&page=2

ush
01-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Reinstalled drivers etc but to no avail..game just picks the throttles up as on/off switches, even though they're functioning fine in other games.

Trim controls will work fine with the pots on the x45 and the x52 though. Very frustrating.

ush
04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I came up with using the switches on the throttle quadrant for trim, not ideal but there you go

Actually here's a question for you good people:

I have the following hardware at my disposal:

X45
X52 (not the pro edition)
Saitek pedals
Saitek flight yoke and throttle quadrant

How would you go about setting up your controls with the above?

Given that my dilemma is that I would like my trim inputs on sliders where I can see 'em at a glance, and my radiators on rotaries (possibly my supercharger too, I guess)

mxmadman
04-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I came up with using the switches on the throttle quadrant for trim, not ideal but there you go

Actually here's a question for you good people:

I have the following hardware at my disposal:

X45
X52 (not the pro edition)
Saitek pedals
Saitek flight yoke and throttle quadrant

How would you go about setting up your controls with the above?

Given that my dilemma is that I would like my trim inputs on sliders where I can see 'em at a glance, and my radiators on rotaries (possibly my supercharger too, I guess)

Well I have the x52 and I strongly suggest using the rotaries on the throttle for trim. The horizontal one on top for rudder trim, and the more vertical one for elevator. The slider I use for prop pitch (in the 109's this is less effective as it is not an analog control in real life, you hold up (70-100%) and prop moves up, down (0-30%) and prop becomes finer, anything in the middle (31-69%) and prop stays put).

After that you're left with mostly buttons, which you want to assign in a manner that makes sense depending on what you fly the most - anything you need in combat situations should be close and easy to use without moving either hand.

Let us know if you run into any issues or have more specific questions and ill jump back in. Its too bad you couldn't get the throttle quadrant to work as an axis for the trim as that would be superb. Does it work for any other axis, like throttle - or same problem?

ush
04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Well I have the x52 and I strongly suggest using the rotaries on the throttle for trim. The horizontal one on top for rudder trim, and the more vertical one for elevator. The slider I use for prop pitch (in the 109's this is less effective as it is not an analog control in real life, you hold up (70-100%) and prop moves up, down (0-30%) and prop becomes finer, anything in the middle (31-69%) and prop stays put).

After that you're left with mostly buttons, which you want to assign in a manner that makes sense depending on what you fly the most - anything you need in combat situations should be close and easy to use without moving either hand.

Let us know if you run into any issues or have more specific questions and ill jump back in. Its too bad you couldn't get the throttle quadrant to work as an axis for the trim as that would be superb. Does it work for any other axis, like throttle - or same problem?

I'm actually using prop pitch on the top rotary ATM, I just like the idea of having trim on an easily identifiable control as its a "constant" setting, like throttle, I find rotaries kinda hard to gauge visually.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the throttle quadrant, it worked okay in IL2 IIRC. I must investigate further but I really dont care much for fiddling with the controls in COD, it all seems a bit temperamental :-x