PDA

View Full Version : Issue : JOystick Lag

jf1981
12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi

I saw you request for ifnormation so here we are :

When I give joystick input, you could compare how instantaneous the controls and the in-game command column reacts.
The control column is about 200 ms late from actual joystick movement and it will capture about 5 fresh positions per second.

This happens constantly, any time. It can be detected when the game runs very smoothly as fps are very high yet the column fresh position moves are slow.

I am currently using Saitek X52 under Windows 7.
AMD Phenom 4 cores and Nvidia 260.

Thanks to keep us informed.

SiThSpAwN
12-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi

I saw you request for ifnormation so here we are :

When I give joystick input, you could compare how instantaneous the controls and the in-game command column reacts.
The I.G.C.C. is about 200 ms late from actual joystick movement and it will capture about 5 fresh positions per second.

This happens constantly, any time. It can be detected when the game runs very smoothly as fps are very high yet the column fresh position moves are slow.

I am currently using Saitek X52 under Windows 7.
AMD Phenom 4 cores and Nvidia 260.

Thanks to keep us informed.

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried changing your vsync setting? I somehow remember there being an issue in iRacing with control lag for some when vsync was set one way or the other... just a thought.

jf1981
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
By lag I call for not like a direct response. This is not very laggy, there is just a small decay, and the refresh rate too is not perfectly smooth.

This means that in a tight dogfight where the fraction of a second count we're late.

Sven
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I notice zero lag or anyting in my joystick input.

G940 here.

ramstein
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM
no lag, Saitek X52 Pro...
Win7 x64

jf1981
01-01-2012, 10:36 PM
http://youtu.be/3CyDxwKyQdg

Game running 30+ FPS

jf1981
02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi

Could it be Windows 7 using the USB port at v1 speed instead of 2.0 ?

Has anyone solved the issue with Win7 using USB as legacy 1.0 ?

Regards

FFCW_Urizen
02-19-2012, 11:05 AM
USB v 1.0 or v 2.0 or v 3.0 is determined by hardware, windows has no influence over it.
In case of a joystick, 1.0 or 2.0 doesn´t matter, the amount of information transferred is so small that even v1.0 is bored to death.

Al Capwn
02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi

Could it be Windows 7 using the USB port at v1 speed instead of 2.0 ?

Has anyone solved the issue with Win7 using USB as legacy 1.0 ?

Regards

Hi jf1981,

I don't think that this is the issue, but just incase; Windows will tell you in a popup over the system tray if a USB port is running at 1.0/1.1 when it should be 2.0. You may want to head into your BIOS/EFI and check your USB settings. Make sure that USB 2.0 is enabled. Also, make sure the joystick is plugged into a dedicated port, I would avoid a USB hub; at least while you troubleshoot. Although it sounds like something else is going on.

I don't own a Saitek X52, but if you go into the Saitek software or Windows [Devices and Printers -> Right click on your joystick -> Game Controller Settings -> Properties] and move your joystick around, is there any input delay there? Are there any other games you have to test your joystick in besides ClOD?

Also, this may seem silly to ask, but do you have the latest Saitek drivers/software from their website installed?

VO101_MMaister
02-22-2012, 07:38 AM
I also suffer from it. I wouldnt call it joystick lag, becouse it is more like a general input lag. It has an effect on every control input, the mouse the joystick even the trackIR.
I bought a new config and ever since that it is less noticable. I have also learned to live with it, but it is deffinitely there.
I use i7 2600K + 570Ti + 16Gb RAM + TM cougar if it matters.

pandaa109
03-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I had this when I had an older system. One of the many things that made me face palm at the state of the game.

I don't think it completely went away when I upgraded but it's definitely less noticeable.

Actually, I think it might have been on certain missions I noticed it. The stock quick mission over water seemed quite bad.

weird game..

jf1981
07-28-2012, 08:09 PM
New bugtracker submitted

http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/404