PDA

View Full Version : [MOD] Skill tree extended

Csimbi
12-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Skill tree extended (update 1)
For Armoured Princess, v13.1 (build 6171).

All skill levels have been raised to 5, except a few.
There skills are:
- Warrior:
- Tactics (instead, Caution l4 and l5 are better, but more expensive).
- Mage:
- Order Magic (instead, Magic l4 and l5 are better, but more expensive)
- Chaos Magic (instead, Destruction l4 and l5 are better, but more expensive)
- Distortion Magic (instead, Higher Magic l4 and l5 are better, but more expensive)

Installation:
Put KFS file to <gamedir>\sessions\addon\mods
If the "mods" directory does not exist, create it.

Uninstallation:
Delete the KFS file you installed.

Notes:
- I have no clue where the skill icons are, therefore I could not create new ones. Consequently, the icons above level 3 will revert to the default icons. Just ignore this.

2011, Csimbi

I did not remove update 1 after publishing update 2; some people might like it better that way.
If you choose to go with update 2, these are the differences:
Changes in update 2 (based on feedback from Fatt_Shade):
- Level requirements adjusted (pre-requisite for a lvl 4 skill is lvl 3, for a level 5 skill is lvl 4).
- Holy rage reduces enemy undead and demon units' resistances (all except poison).
- Cost of Adrenalin, Higher magic and Rush increased.
- Tactics reduces enemy units' initiative.

Uploaded update 3. Apparently, there was a critical bug and a minor one in update 2.
Changes in update 3:
- Fixed missing bracket causing crash.
- Fixed skill descriptions.

Fatt_Shade
12-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Interesting idea, with medals up to 4-5 lvl why not skills also. But too simple.

Expl : 5 {
deps=1
runes=14,4,0
trade=
spupskill=2.0
pars=100%
}
training 5th lvl here requires only 1st lvl of rage_control, why not rise requirements also so for lvling up some skill up to 4/5 lvl you first need earlier skill on same lvl like this

4 {
deps=4
runes=12,3,0
trade=
spupskill=1.8
pars=100%
}
5 {
deps=5
runes=14,4,0
trade=
spupskill=2.0
pars=100%
}

Also giving simple stats isnt enough : in +attack, when you reach limit of +60 attack over enemy defense there is no more use. So why not giving bonus dmg on 4/5th lvl of heroism/brutality, and bonus resistances on 4/5th lvls of endurance.
Alertness +85% physical res in first round is also to much, when ppl have guardian medal, and maybe some item that would be on max 95%, just to strong.
Glory lds growth isnt linear- 100-350(250 more then 1st lvl) - 700(350 more then 2nd lvl) - 1000 (300 more then 3rd lvl,you give less lds for 4 lvl then 3) - 1500(500 more). I think this should be more 100-350-700-1150-1700.
Adrenalin to high bonuses +1/+1,1/+2,1/+2,2/+3,2 will be enough +4,4 is to much.
Dragon voice what is second bonus ? You give +1/2/3/4/5 moral (+3 moral is max, so 4/5 lvls are just waste of runes. What is second art of bonus? Middle number in strings :
4th lvl +3,+3,+8
5th lvl +3,+4,+10
Holy rage, same as for heroism/brutality no matter how low enemy defense is there is cap of +60 att/def difference so why not lowering enemy undead/demon resistances on 4/5th lvls instead :

5 {
deps=
runes=1,7,1
trade=
pars=-25,+5
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
race=undead,demon
}
pbonus=defense,-15,0,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=physical,-5,0,0,-100,0,0
}
Belief what did you do in 4/5 lvls ??? Spend 10 runes per lvlup to get nothing for it. +1 moral for all units except droids on 3lvl, then 2 more lvls with no change ?
Alchemist to much crystal reduction 15/30/45/60/75 should be more then enough, since only thing it does is lower upgading spells price.
Higher magic ???? D f...c, are you serious 14 double casts , if spell is less then 100 mana. What spell cost 100 mana in this game?
4th lvl 12,30
5th lvl 14,40 is more then enough bonus for this skill.

Nice idea man to upgrade skills, but you simply slapped more stats for rune cost. No change whatsoever in skill mechanics, and way they work ( lower enemy resistance , higher dmg for your units, lower enemy speed in first round instead +5 initiative to ally for rush or tactics 3/4/5 lvls, . . .)
There are limits that are just no need to cross over like max attack bonus, defense above 120, to high initiative, and that`s why i said you just added simple stats, instead working a bit to change skills mechanics and maybe add something new to this game.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27802
Check out what this tread brings in terms of changed gameplay, maybe you`ll get some interesting ideas how to improve your idea.
Good luck.

Csimbi
12-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Well, I took the simplest route.
Come up with a good way to expand it and I'd be happy to code it.

Fatt_Shade
12-29-2011, 01:49 AM
I thought i said some of my ideas form top of my head
1) not making possible to lvlup some skill to 4/5 lvl if earlier skills arentlvled up at least to 3rd lvl.
2) change holy rage to not just give simple amount of def reduction, but also -resistance%
3) adrenalin/higher magic/rush skill bonuses are to much
4) check bladekings last post on this page and see what i mean by adding something new to this game, and try to come up with something of your own
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22725&highlight=attackb&page=6
5) making tactics lvl 3/4 to slow/lower enemy initiative speed in first turn like opposite from rush. Or slower enemy for tactics, and lower initiative for rush.
6) i mentioned you to check link for homm3 mod for KB-tL, because i liked what Matt there did for skills and % usage. Lower lds% requirements for glory and unit class skills(quick draw, for range units, archmage for magic units, iron fist for melee fighting type) , % bonuses for healer skill, etc. What he did in that mod is new for this game, and interesting to play with so try it out and come up with something your own.
7) i already coded by myself changed medal upgrade for fire mage (to lower enemy elemental resistances magic/fire/poison/astral), and iron warrior (+physical dmg% for lvl not simple rage bonus , i though warriors medals were most limited because useless in boss fights so i added something my own like this). I added new lvls for some early game items, to make them interesting later in game. Also made some new items (not functional 100%, but when i cheat code them in my inventory they work with no problems).
I say this not to bitch about, just to show that i know a few things about moding this game but you come to idea for more lvls for skills (we have medals up to 4/5 th lvl so why not skills also, great idea, but how to make it more interesting? :-) so why not going a step further and adding something new.

Csimbi
12-29-2011, 03:19 AM
4) check bladekings last post on this page and see what i mean by adding something new to this game, and try to come up with something of your own

I see only two pages (I have "Show 100 posts per page set), and bladeking's last post left me scratching my head; I am pretty sure I am looking at the wrong one.
Could you link the actual post? (There's a #number in the upper right corner of each post; to the left of the "Report post" icon.)
Thanks.

Fatt_Shade
12-29-2011, 04:28 AM
It`s post no 59. I asked him to try making some function to add bonus for att/def stats, not just simple max 300% dmg output , and 30% received. So he made it so every 5 attack points give 1% crit chance, an every 5 def points give 15 res all to units in army. This is just 1 example to make stats a bit more interesting. Bonus for spells isnt limited like att/def bonuses are for pure dmg unit vs unit, he made this addon for att/def stats.
This is what i meant that just adding att to units isnt enough, but it`s needed to lower enemy res, or boost your units dmg (crit% in this case). It should cost more runes then basic 3lvls, but in 4/5 lvl give something that will make it interesting to invest runes in that skill.

Csimbi
12-31-2011, 03:44 AM
I thought i said some of my ideas form top of my head
1) not making possible to lvlup some skill to 4/5 lvl if earlier skills arentlvled up at least to 3rd lvl.
2) change holy rage to not just give simple amount of def reduction, but also -resistance%
3) adrenalin/higher magic/rush skill bonuses are to much
5) making tactics lvl 3/4 to slow/lower enemy initiative speed in first turn like opposite from rush. Or slower enemy for tactics, and lower initiative for rush.
6) i mentioned you to check link for homm3 mod for KB-tL, because i liked what Matt there did for skills and % usage. Lower lds% requirements for glory and unit class skills(quick draw, for range units, archmage for magic units, iron fist for melee fighting type) , % bonuses for healer skill, etc. What he did in that mod is new for this game, and interesting to play with so try it out and come up with something your own.
7) i already coded by myself changed medal upgrade for fire mage (to lower enemy elemental resistances magic/fire/poison/astral), and iron warrior (+physical dmg% for lvl not simple rage bonus , i though warriors medals were most limited because useless in boss fights so i added something my own like this). I added new lvls for some early game items, to make them interesting later in game. Also made some new items (not functional 100%, but when i cheat code them in my inventory they work with no problems).
I say this not to bitch about, just to show that i know a few things about moding this game but you come to idea for more lvls for skills (we have medals up to 4/5 th lvl so why not skills also, great idea, but how to make it more interesting? :-) so why not going a step further and adding something new.

1, 2, 3 and 5 are addressed in update 2.
As for the rest. I am partial to touching the LUA files. Why? Firstly, because my only intention was to allow leveling skill just a bit further (at some point you are going to have unused runes that you might want to spend on developing your own class rather investing in another) and secondly, because touching the LUA files (those that need touching) will cause incompatibility with other mods.

If you have recommendations to adjust the stats further, please let me know.