PDA

View Full Version : Editting standard Skins?

SEE
12-25-2011, 11:57 PM
I would like to change the default Spitfire skin to have Duckegg Blue under wings/body rather than the Black and White. Is it just a case of importing the default skin and editting the image using a graphics software utiltiy (i,e. CorelDraw) then re-saving it as a Jpeg?

Any info (or maybe someone has allready done this) would be appreciated as I know little about custom skins. I also notice that there are two skins folders - one in Steam folder and the other in the 1Cpublishing folder but empty - is there any reason for two folders?

Thanks.

David198502
12-26-2011, 08:28 AM
hey Evangeluse!
yes....take a skin from the steam folder, edit it with any graphics software(i use gimp) and save it as jpeg in the 1c folder.

SEE
12-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys!

Just one additional question, when I edit my default skin in the Steam folder (and thats all I do) all ac will appear to me as having that skin change in SP but will it affect ac in MP or do they retain the games original skin - in other words my Spit is seen by other players has having the correct BoB under wing Duckegg Blue colour but another players Spit using the default skin appears to me as Black and White?

EDIT: And another Q. Just been looking at some of the skins in my IL1946 folder and the level of detail in those is far higher than in clod. You can see each individual rivet, the retracted gear, etc.
How do Skins differ between CloD and Il1946 as in CloD it seems that the Skin only displays the colour scheme with very little detail - is the detail added in a different way?

corchard
12-27-2011, 12:13 AM
The Steam folder is the default stuff, 1c is customs. I.e. if you want every Spitfire in a default skin to show up in Canary Yellow to you, change all the skins in Steam to the Canary Yellow one. Anyone else choosing the default skins will be yellow on your screen in-game. If you want only yours to show up as Yellow (again, only on your screen), then change the ones in the 1C folder.

I modded mine months ago to have the historically accurate tail marks for the 109s/110s. Everyone's planes (AI included) using the default/original skins in-game appear with the mark. No issues in custom skin disallowed servers, or any VAC issues.

Ah, that sounds great - would you be willing to share your modded default skins, Cheesehawk?

Charlo

kristorf
12-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Thanks guys!

EDIT: And another Q. Just been looking at some of the skins in my IL1946 folder and the level of detail in those is far higher than in clod. You can see each individual rivet, the retracted gear, etc.
How do Skins differ between CloD and Il1946 as in CloD it seems that the Skin only displays the colour scheme with very little detail - is the detail added in a different way?

Rivets, panel lines etc in CLoD are hard coded so don't show on the skin .jpeg, only once in game.
Some skins are now appearing with 'enhanced' rivets and weathering for more effect

corchard
12-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Here you go, I'd give credit to whoever made these, but I got them so long ago, I've forgotten now. Sorry whoever it was!

Sweeeet - thanks very much, and I'm eager to see these in action when I next get to my rig.

Charlo