PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: x52 throttle replacement

_79_dev
12-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Hi guys, have a problem here with my Saitek x52 wich is slowly falling apart. Mouse yoke and rotols on throttle part refuse to work, I am looking to get replacement but only for throttle. Unfortuneatly noone delivers that to Ireland unless I will pay 100£ wich is a price of whole new set. Any information about this will be appreciated, seriously can't find anything on the web...

SEE
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Might be worth re -installing the driver first and deleting the registry files since yours is part working and booting up. It may be a hardware fault or wire dropped - did the fault suddenly appear at the same time on all the components you mention?

They do come up on Ebay (there was one a few days ago - throttle only) and that is the only place I have seen them.

I have repaired two but the throttle unit is not very user friendly regards stripping down and replacement parts are not available anyway.

GOA_Potenz
12-16-2011, 12:33 AM
open the throttle and clean it, this joys doesnae fall apart like that just get dirty did it with my one and start working perfectly

_79_dev
12-16-2011, 07:31 AM
I need replacement, mouse yoke is cracked, one of theme buttons is gone and rotors are clean but still going crazy with signal. Joy is clean and wires are ok. Drivers checked and registry done. It's 6 years old so... Need replacement... My problem is I can't get it in Ireland.

Ze-Jamz
12-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Yea EBay mate, I've seen quite a lot on there recently

klem
12-16-2011, 09:17 AM
I have similar problems. My switches, especially button C (Tx) comes and goes. My Throttle thumb rotary is noisy at the centre so I use it for a non-sensitive function (mixture) and have re-assigned Elevator trim to my old X45 throttle thumb rotary (also use X45 for RPM and other stuff).

You can get replacement switches (mini diaphragm types) on the web but I've never found a source of the flat rotaries in the throttle. Saitek support company is useless, they won't sell parts. Saitek used to be very good at parts supply but they changes a couple of years ago.

Some people squeeze Hall Sensors into the throttle but it looks a bit daunting.

SEE
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Unfortunately, the X52 uses a Analog mouse (unlike the X45 which is Digital and made up of four mcroswitches). It sounds like one of the mouse resistive pressure pads has failed or is no longer connected due to a failure (electrical/mechanical) and the Stick can no longer auto calibrate at switch on. Generally speaking - if the mouse becomes faulty then none of the axis will work as the in built micro chip scans the mouse reference voltage first - any problems here and it stops other axis controls working.

I have repaired (and used the X52's for a custom stick project) so know them pretty well inside out technically.

If the mouse has suffered a fatigue break on the PCB it may be possible to repair it but you will need to dismantle the throttle and carefully examine it. The same applies to the wiring to the mouse unit - the solder joints in these sticks is very hit and miss as they are all hand soldered during manufacture.

Also worth removing the base and checking the wiring loom that exits the throttle unit. The loom separates into two multi connectors and fatigue breaks can occur but since you say that there is an obvious proble with the 'feel' of the mouse then it sounds like therein lies the problem.

You could put it up for sale as faulty on Ebay and use the proceeds towards another one.

swiss
12-16-2011, 10:14 PM
You can get replacement switches (mini diaphragm types) on the web but I've never found a source of the flat rotaries in the throttle. Saitek support company is useless, they won't sell parts. Saitek used to be very good at parts supply but they changes a couple of years ago.

Some people squeeze Hall Sensors into the throttle but it looks a bit daunting.

The OE rotaries are made by Polyshine:
http://www.polyshine.cn/ps/
http://www.polyshine.cn/ps/pdf/potentiometer/joystick/ps-f-10k.pdf

JG52Uther
12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I know when my X45 stick broke a few years ago Saitek sent me some replacement pots for free. A shame if they have changed their policy now.

_79_dev
12-16-2011, 11:43 PM
You could put it up for sale as faulty on Ebay and use the proceeds towards another one.

That idea seems to be the best... So far :)

beazil
12-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Check the buy/sell forums at simhq (you have to register) but right now there's a fellow selling a throttle for the x52.

_79_dev
12-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks for info mate...

To be honest I am looking for someone to swap my x52 for this

http://www.spitsim.co.uk/prices-modules/4553362983

klem
12-18-2011, 09:36 AM
The OE rotaries are made by Polyshine:
http://www.polyshine.cn/ps/
http://www.polyshine.cn/ps/pdf/potentiometer/joystick/ps-f-10k.pdf

Many thanks swiss! That .pdf is broken but I have contacted them - hope for a reply soon.

Have you done this repair yourself?

@79_dev.... you won the lottery??!!

swiss
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Have you done this repair yourself?

Uh - not yet.;)

I actually have a second throttle which I disassembled because the spiking/noise of the potis was driving me nuts.
The original plan involved replacing them with superior potis, which is a quest I underestimated quite a bit... - means, sourcing the same el cheapo potis isn't really a problem, getting better ones is.
Finding a decent slider is even worse. I think you could say I got a bit demotivated.

Where to buy:
I found a post in the net where a guy claims to have ordered PS potis from those guys:
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/servlet/StoreFront

In case you can convince polyshine to sell them directly to you, please let me know, I found an interesting item in their product line.

Somwhat related project of Kodoss
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28063

klem
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
I got a reply from Polyshine, they're in H-K. They make the correct part as far as i can see (attached).

They are interested in "working with my Company" as they don't have a UK distributor. Unfortunately I don't have a Company and don't intend to start one. Its a shame there's no outlet over here.

Their Minimum Order Quantity is 1000 pcs.

I've sent a suitable "thanks but no can do". Unless someone else can??

FS~Phat
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I have an old complete X52 in good working order in storage I could send you for about $44au to cover shipping. Air freight in 10days by Australia Post. I was hanging on to it so one day I could make a custom fullsize control yoke with it..... that day has never come, so it may as well go to someone that needs it! ;)

Let me know if your interested.

klem
12-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I have an old complete X52 in good working order in storage I could send you for about $44au to cover shipping. Air freight in 10days by Australia Post. I was hanging on to it so one day I could make a custom fullsize control yoke with it..... that day has never come, so it may as well go to someone that needs it! ;)

Let me know if your interested.

PM'd you

tf_Logan
12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
79 dev. I have a extra x-52 that was given to me..I use CH now so If you want the whole thing free let me know. I can ship it to. I have no idea how much it would cost to send it across the pond, But its in good working order,not used much and yours if you want it.

_79_dev
01-03-2012, 09:03 AM
79 dev. I have a extra x-52 that was given to me..I use CH now so If you want the whole thing free let me know. I can ship it to. I have no idea how much it would cost to send it across the pond, But its in good working order,not used much and yours if you want it.

PM sent

heloguy
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
If that didn't work out, I have a throttle sitting around. I live in Germany, so all I ask is for you to pay postage.

tf_Logan
01-14-2012, 01:55 PM
79 PM sent. Its been a few days since I checked this thread.

_79_dev
01-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Thank You Logan ... Pm sent

tf_Logan
01-16-2012, 12:33 AM
No problem..it will be on its way across the pond! :)

Shadowstriker77
04-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi guys, have a problem here with my Saitek x52 wich is slowly falling apart. Mouse yoke and rotols on throttle part refuse to work, I am looking to get replacement but only for throttle. Unfortuneatly noone delivers that to Ireland unless I will pay 100£ wich is a price of whole new set. Any information about this will be appreciated, seriously can't find anything on the web...

I have one mate, contact iphone477@live.co.uk, 07855373895