PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy a friend a copy of CLOD for Xmas?

Tavingon
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I probably will for my dad... he had the sticks pedals and everything.. I would for another friend but his pc wont run it!

Mysticpuma
12-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't hate anybody that bad ;)

Tavingon
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Just think of the longevity of the product.. :)

5./JG27.Farber
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
I dont have any friends...

Tavingon
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
I bought it on steam first, so I'm tempted to snap up the collecters version complete with box and the STUNNING glossy colour map.. it looks lush :-)

Force10
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Only as a replacement for a piece of coal.

Tvrdi
12-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I probably will for my dad... he had the sticks pedals and everything.. I would for another friend but his pc wont run it!

Then, I will lost all of my friends....

fruitbat
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
guess that depends on how many friends i want by new year.

pupo162
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
pheraps to this one who liked il2 1946, and is studying programing engineering.

Pudfark
12-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Sure, if I can find a version of this sim?
That works...:rolleyes:

robtek
12-14-2011, 07:45 PM
The negativists with their doom'n'gloom philosophy in full swing again.

Please stop turning stones, tavington.

ACE-OF-ACES
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Can't all my friends that are into flight sims allready have it

speculum jockey
12-14-2011, 08:00 PM
This game is a metaphor for a childhood loss of innocence during Christmas.

Cliffs of Dover is Santa, or at least the concepts of Santa. You're so excited that Christmas is coming, all your friends are talking about Santa and how he's going to bring you presents and make the holiday magical. You write and mail your letter to Santa, you make some cookies for him with your mom, and on Christmas eve you can't sleep you're so excited.

It's about 10:30. Everyone has gone to bed and you're just on the verge of falling asleep when you hear a noise. You get out of bed and tiptoe to the living room, "just knowing" that the noise was Santa. When you take a look you can see that the stockings have been filled, and there are a few extra presents under the tree. Also your cookies and milk you left out are gone. You run to the front door thinking that you might just be able to catch a glimpse of Santa taking off or maybe landing on another person's roof.

You slip on your boots and run to the middle of the road, slowly spinning around looking for any sign of a sleigh and flying reindeer. Instead a van pulls up besides you and a man jumps out and grabs you. He throws you in the back and starts driving fast down the street. You're petrified and crying, "this has to be a dream" you keep telling yourself, "any second now I'm going to wake up and it will be Christmas morning". A while later the van stops and you're taken out and carried into a house, down some stairs into a musty basement. Another man is already down there fiddling with a camera on a tripod in front of some plastic sheeting that has been laid down on the floor. He's wearing a ski mask and says to the man holding you, "Why aren't you covering your face? The police have sketch artists you know!". The man holding you says, "They won't have any use for them when we're finished here." The other man presses a button on the camera and a red light starts flashing. . .

And that is the Cliffs of Dover experience! Merry Christmas!

Tavingon
12-14-2011, 08:06 PM
The negativists with their doom'n'gloom philosophy in full swing again.

Please stop turning stones, tavington.

It's a fantastic game.. I'm not knocking it, its just that my friends pc is very very old..

CardboardSword
12-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Cliffs of Dover is Santa, or at least the concepts of Santa. You're so excited that Christmas is coming, all your friends are talking about Santa and how he's going to bring you presents and make the holiday magical. You write and mail your letter to Santa, you make some cookies for him with your mom, and on Christmas eve you can't sleep you're so excited.

It's about 10:30. Everyone has gone to bed and you're just on the verge of falling asleep when you hear a noise. You get out of bed and tiptoe to the living room, "just knowing" that the noise was Santa. When you take a look you can see that the stockings have been filled, and there are a few extra presents under the tree. Also your cookies and milk you left out are gone. You run to the front door thinking that you might just be able to catch a glimpse of Santa taking off or maybe landing on another person's roof.

You slip on your boots and run to the middle of the road, slowly spinning around looking for any sign of a sleigh and flying reindeer. Instead a van pulls up besides you and a man jumps out and grabs you. He throws you in the back and starts driving fast down the street. You're petrified and crying, "this has to be a dream" you keep telling yourself, "any second now I'm going to wake up and it will be Christmas morning". A while later the van stops and you're taken out and carried into a house, down some stairs into a musty basement. Another man is already down there fiddling with a camera on a tripod in front of some plastic sheeting that has been laid down on the floor. He's wearing a ski mask and says to the man holding you, "Why aren't you covering your face? The police have sketch artists you know!". The man holding you says, "They won't have any use for them when we're finished here." The other man presses a button on the camera and a red light starts flashing. . .

That was exceedingly dark haha. Wow. I know there's more than a handful of issues with the game and all, but I think some counseling is in order friend ;)

Skoshi Tiger
12-14-2011, 09:07 PM

See what happens to you when you stop believing in Father Christmas!

Take that as a warning children and never loose the faith!

Merry Cristmas one and All! Ho! Ho! Ho!

svend
12-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Alot of my friends have minimum spec computers, the end result would be alot of phonecalls and "please help me I cant run it". And then have to reply, hmm forgot to tell you, that you need to put alot of money into it to make it run. I would rather keep my friends, than loose them ;)

Kind regards
Svend

Gamekeeper
12-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I dont have any friends...

A true IL-2 addict

BP_Tailspin
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Sorry, after playing it for a short time (less than 10 hours) I must say ... not in it's currant state ... I did buy 4 copies of Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition as Christmas gifts.

BPickles
12-17-2011, 06:05 PM
You couldn't give it away lol

Kongo-Otto
12-17-2011, 07:34 PM

Instead of Highland Single Malt? He surely would kill me. ;)

Jaws2002
12-17-2011, 09:58 PM
For April 1st maybe.:mrgreen:

Ze-Jamz
12-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Lol short answer. Yes