PDA

View Full Version : I cant save my games at all period; bought from steam recently

BlueGreen
12-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I recently bought the platinum version from steam; the game loads and runs perfectly for me with a really good fps on max settings.

But why cant I save my game? Whenever i played Kings bounty - the legend, Armoured Princess or Crossworlds I click save game and accept it. But not matter what I name my save game, later when I click load there are no saved games listed and there is no evidence that the save games are anywhere on my computer. Ive tried countless times now; a save directory of any kind hasnt been created anywhere either on my computer.

BTw ive tried all the standard stuff, verifying game cache, deleting and reinstalling completely, etc.. it made no difference; my game runs flawlessly yet I cant save the game! unbelievable lol. I have 50+ games ranging from very old to very new on my computer and i have zero problems with them.

Fatt_Shade
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
That is new impossible mod, no save game at all :-)
Sry man ,have no idea what could be problem there. I had sometime bug when i try to save game, but it just freeze game and i go in windows and `kill` in manually, then start again and load most recent save. But to not be able to save at all, i never had that type of problem.
Try to find folder c:/documents/my documents/my games/kings bounty/$save and see if it exists, there should be all save files from game (at least in default installation), maybe something f...ed up that folder.

BlueGreen
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
The directory for saves doesnt exist like that or anything similar anywhere on my computer; i tried naming my save game different things in game and a small egg timer appears after i click save which make it look like its saving. For example i named my save BG1, Campaign1, test123, etc.. then tried searching for those files on my pc they simply dont exist.

The game simply isnt creating the save game files when i click save; since ive reinstalled the game and verified my steam cache many times it baffles me why a simple in game function like saving would completely fail. The game runs flawlessly otherwise.

Fatt_Shade
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Then try to make that folder. It doesnt matter where you instaled game, destination folder for in game settings is same, as i said documents/.../kings bounty princess/$save , there must be where save game files go. In that folder kb-p are screenshots, and game.ini file which defines monitor resolution in game, so if you game works that folder must exist somewhere. Try finding game.ini file or making some screenshot and find it on your hard (it in .bmp extension).
If that doesnt work i cant help further :-( Good luck man.