PDA

View Full Version : X52 Pro twitchy on CoD elevator but not in calibrator

klem
12-14-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm finding that when I make a fine elevator adjustment, usually to take shot, I get a small jump in nose position that only happens around the centre point. It is more than I get at other parts of the stick position.

I have done the Hall Sensor magnet mod and it is very smooth in Windows calibrator although it does move in tiny increments (2 pixels just like the other axes) rather than completely smooth but there is no disproportionate movement around the centre. In the game, Options... Controls... Axes the output sider follows precisely the input slider, 0.01 increment per 0.01 increment with no visible disproportionate movement around the centre.

I am wondering if there is anything else in the software that can be adjusted or perhaps its a software defect?

Anyone else got the same problem?

Robo.
12-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi Klem, I am having the same problem (using different sticks) with the elevator response.

Strangely enough, it only happens on Hurricane or it's not as bad on other planes. I believe there already has been a thread about that and it's some sort of a bug. I am using MSFF but I've tried different stick with same result. I believe it's a problem with the game not with our gear.

*edit* - found the older thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26911

jimbop
12-14-2011, 07:35 AM
I seem to remember this happening when I was still using a X52 Pro. Try recalibrating the hard way by deleting the registry entries (sorry, but can't remember what they are but you should be able to google for 'Saitek recalibration registry' or similar.

I think this is how I repaired it but not a permanent fix. Don't remember it being a problem only in the game, though.

EZ1
12-14-2011, 12:07 PM
The hurricane has a strange little hick in the elevator. It's not the stick unless it happens in all planes.

klem
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi Klem, I am having the same problem (using different sticks) with the elevator response.

Strangely enough, it only happens on Hurricane or it's not as bad on other planes. I believe there already has been a thread about that and it's some sort of a bug. I am using MSFF but I've tried different stick with same result. I believe it's a problem with the game not with our gear.

*edit* - found the older thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26911

Thanks Robo. Its definitely not just me. :)

Dano
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
How smooth is your X52Pro? I was having issues until I lubed up the spring cup and plastic rim it sits on.

_79_dev
12-14-2011, 09:17 PM
~S~

Same thing here, spit hurri and 109 seems to have it same way, recalibrating hard way don't fix the problem, I was having that issue in old 1946 as well...

SEE
12-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Only get this 'nose up twitch' on the Hurri, speaking to some of the Hurri guys on ATAG regards this and they have set a small deadzone and adjusted sensitivity. Don't have this problem with the Spits.

EDIT: Just tried the Hurri Rotol and its fine now. I changed the FF=0, Other than that did nothing but it used to nose up for sure when I last tried the Hurri.

klem
12-15-2011, 06:28 AM
How smooth is your X52Pro? I was having issues until I lubed up the spring cup and plastic rim it sits on.

Stick is mechanically very smooth. I keep it clean and lubricated with a red plastics grease I got from a cycle shop. Don't know what it was, I asked how they lubricated their plastics parts and they just gave me some. Had it for about 5 years now.

Examining further there is definitely a 'notch up' at a certain stage of stick-back in the Hurri, fairly early on and perhaps around 10-15% as someone suggested. I thought it was around the centre but as I only notice it when I am trying to shoot at a 109 and they are invariably climbing while I am fairly slow and a bit stick-back I am probably hitting that 'notch'. I sat behind Ju88s last night straight and level with no problem finely adjusting my aim.

Although I don't have FF I noticed my conf.ini had FF=1 so I changed it to FF=0 but it made no difference.

IvanK
12-15-2011, 07:24 AM
The Hurricane has this stick bobble and its present in all sticks. Its unique to the Hurricane. Its as if a breakout force in the area close to neutral is required. Devs have been directly informed. The Youtube video illustrates the problem:

It can be seen at 0:06, 0:16 and 0:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkVdK82uKMM

It can easily be replicted by trying a 160MPH IAS climb at full throttle/3000RPM around 10,000ft. Just try to hold 160 MPH exactly with fine elevator input