PDA

View Full Version : Sound but no Video in play mode

PRWM1
12-09-2011, 02:11 AM
I just downloaded the game, I have a i7 laptop, 8 gb ram with the intel 3000 on board video card. I've tried every video setting - no luck. The computer is new. Intel site indicates their video setup should be good for games.

I've waited for years for this game and do not want to give up on it now. Advice is needed on how to at least get a view of what's going on.

I can hear sound, but the video window is blank, it even logs how long i've been 'flying'.

Thanks

jimbop
12-09-2011, 02:23 AM
You will need a dedicated video card to run the game rather than onboard only.

Troll2k
12-09-2011, 05:07 AM
A possible but expensive solution.You will need a video card(and possible power supply) to go with the adapter.

http://www.harmonicinversion.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=191&flypage=shop.flypage&pop=0&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

PRWM1
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
After some internet research, the problem is that the on board video driver lists only 64 mb of memory, however it actually will use up to 1.5 GB in action. The on board video should not be as good as dedicated however workable. The fault lies in two areas, Intel's driver and the game software - it should allow the game to play, CoD needs to be updated to solve this problem. Other games have been adjusted to allow the on board video setups to work.

So far I've not found any options that allow for installing a dedicated video in my laptop. I do not see cards available on the internet, I'm not sure that one could even be plugged into my mb. I'm probably missing something here.