PDA

View Full Version : How to override default airfield taxi & spawn points

salmo
12-05-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm constructing a historically accurate base on top of an existing English Channel airfield. Unfortunately, some of the hard-coded taxiways & spawn points go right through buildings that I've placed. I have placed a custom airfield & runways & alternate taxiways & spawn points, but some AI insist on trying to follow the hard-coded taxiways. When they encounter a building they pause for a bit & respawn past the building & contiue on. Eventually they respawn inside a building (the hard-coded spawn point) & explode, which is most unsatisfactory. Can anyone suggest a method to "destroy" hard-coded taxiways & spawn points at an existising airfield?

I've tried:
1. blocking taxiway with a building .... taxiing AI just respawn other side of building
2. placing custom taxipoint exactly over an existing taxipoint, hoping that the AI will "pickup" the new taxiway path ... no they didn't :(
3. Placing static plane on top of a spawn point ... this blocks the the hard-coded spawn point OK, but I don't want static planes all over the place & often in quite unrealistic looking locations.

Ataros
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Try placing AI takeoff waypoint:
1) closer to centre of the new airfield than the old airfield, or
2) inside the new airfield radius only but not inside the old airfield radius, or
3) on a new runway only but outside of the old airfield radius.

Try placing other small airfield objects on spawn points instead of aircraft.

Hope something of these works.